• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Gui_PT

KarmaCow said:
It will most likely get cheaper during the winter sale in december, but there might be sales before then.

lifa-cobex said:
I was thinking of finally getting this myself.
I'll wait till Halloween for a possible sale.

Thanks! Can't wait to play with fellow gaffers

One playthrough on Advanced and it felt way too easy thanks to the director spawning millions of items, but I love beta testing because Valve pays so much attention to the gathered stats...

duckroll said:
FUCK VALVE! SCORING ON DEATH TOLL IS BROKEN! AHHAHAHAHAHAAH FUCK. This is just sad. :(
I think they tested to see if it just immediately went to full score, but didn't check to see if goes to full score by everyone approaching the safe room door, at least for the church finale.

I Hate Mountains has (had?) the same issue, so I wonder if there's some weird thing about the game's code that fucks the score up during panic events and finales.

Hey You

General Shank-a-snatch said:
I like how Valve is giving us things for free, but...

...I wouldn't mind paying 5 bucks for maps/mutations/DLC that aren't filled with bugs and glitches.
I'm pretty sure why they are doing beta tests....

duckroll

ShockingAlberto said:
I think they tested to see if it just immediately went to full score, but didn't check to see if goes to full score by everyone approaching the safe room door, at least for the church finale.

I Hate Mountains has (had?) the same issue, so I wonder if there's some weird thing about the game's code that fucks the score up during panic events and finales.

Every single L4D1 campaign they ported to L4D2 has had this same bug. They definitely know about it by now. They definitely know how to fix it. The fact that they can release 3 campaigns in a row with the same finale bug each time, only to patch it the week after release, tells me that either they're completely ignorant, or they're deliberately trolling fans. There is no other explanation. Same bug! It's like they want to make sure that people are actually playing the things they add, so they put in something that is totally obvious to anyone who finishes the campaign, just to see if there are complaints.

Erebus

I'm just gonna leave this here.

2011-09-18_00011zll2.jpg

So is this it for campaigns or is valve planning to bring over crash course as well? If they choose not to I wouldn't mind but I'm curious what support will be like moving forward

That finale has always been easy anyway. Can finish it in 2-3 minutes if everyone follows the proper route and throws the cans over the railing quickly. Never have to deal with a tank at that speed, either.

fludevil said:
Any word on release date for 360? This is still beta-ing on PC, right?

Yeah. Death Toll still isn't "done" and working properly, and there's Crash Course that needs to be ported yet, too. Cold Stream is also a part of that, and Valve said that should be done around Halloween (so expect it by Christmas).

Once Death Toll is fixed, Cold Stream is done, and Crash Course is ported, they'll probably start talking an Xbox 360 release date.

Edit: Thinking about it more, I actually wouldn't be surprised if this segued in to some sort of "Left4Dead: Complete" being announced for PS3 at the tail end of all of this, either, given Valve's recent proclivities towards that platform.

devenger

I didnt know No Mercy was added on to one of the DLCs, and I've been playing the crap out of it.

I pretend Im Garth Merenghi and Darkplace has been overrun.

at this point, an official "release" for the PC players seems like just a formality. It seems more and more every day that the entire DLC is going to already be given to PC players even before release.

vazel

Banned
I just came across a really creepy hunter mod. It's creepier with the noises it makes. I wonder why we don't see more custom server content like this in L4D2. I know xpmod changes around in-game models but it doesn't add any models that aren't already in the game.

vazel

Banned
It was custom server content. The admin was in the game and he said he made it himself. Until today I didn't think servers could add new models in the L4D games without me having to download something to my addons folder.

Le-mo

How many people on gaf got the "Still got something to prove" achievement? Yes, I came here to showboat. :p I just got it awhile ago. Took me two days.

Daigoro

vazel said:
It was custom server content. The admin was in the game and he said he made it himself. Until today I didn't think servers could add new models in the L4D games without me having to download something to my addons folder.

pretty sure you would have to download it, unless it was made up of assets already in the game.

Sibylus

Banned
Le-mo said:
How many people on gaf got the "Still got something to prove" achievement? Yes, I came here to showboat. :p I just got it awhile ago. Took me two days.
Got this with my group shortly after release (probably a week or so at the most), twas fun. "The Real Deal" is where it's at, though. Got that on Dead Center, and have survived a few of the other campaigns with the same settings.

devenger

Le-mo said:

Which one is this? All complete on Expert?

I JUST got my Midnight Rider achievement. The finale isnt bad, but that hallway before where they just keep streaming out....

Sai-kun

Banned
Realism Versus for life <3

i played on a 20 person server the other day. It was absolutely ridiculous and hilarious. It also made me realize just how terrible most people seem to be at this game. no wonder my friends and I never try to get pubs for our games.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I haven't played this since The Passing. Tried it out again and I guess I have become a total pansy. Got way too intense and I had to stop.

Neiteio

I was hoping the season premiere of Walking Dead last night would've prompted a Steam sale of the L4D games. I've been wanting to play them. Hmm. :-\

I've just gotten this game, playing it on my macbook air 2011 13inch 128gb version.

When I press the microphone button to talk to people, I don't think that they can hear me. When I do the testing thing on the options page I can mostly hear whirring sounds. What's the best way to talk to people in this? I'm mostly going to be playing with randoms so I don't think skype etc will be ideal. Can I use the microphone attached to my separate webcam?

Hey You

Man, when is the DLC going to come out? Seems like its taking forever, does it really need all that testing or are they more focused on other projects?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
How is the playerbase for this game? I was going to get it on sale but I didn't want to go to a community that was as near death as the enemies are

duckroll

Did you guys know they broke Dark Carnival's finale again? We played it yesterday and the moment you start the actual finale, a tank spawns for the infected team, and the chopper immediately lands on either side of the stadium. Lolololol.

ameratsu

duckroll said:
Did you guys know they broke Dark Carnival's finale again? We played it yesterday and the moment you start the actual finale, a tank spawns for the infected team, and the chopper immediately lands on either side of the stadium. Lolololol.

Really? Oh valve...

Haven't played DC in a while though so I never noticed.

Metal-Geo

Anyone ever played on them 10vs10 servers? It's messy, chaotic, broken but hilarious as all fuck. It's the only thing I play in L4D2 now!

Metal-Geo said:
Anyone ever played on them 10vs10 servers? It's messy, chaotic, broken but hilarious as all fuck. It's the only thing I play in L4D2 now!

I knew a guy who was trying to set up an 8v8 server for our community and that was already bedlam. It was pretty much "Run and never stop because there are so many special infected and so many people that you're going to get lost in the chaos".

That probably wouldn't have been the case if we had played it more, but it was a pain in the ass to get working.

Metal-Geo said:

How do I find a 10v10 server?

ThaiGrocer said:
Crash Course BETA came out for PC today. 360/PC get to try out confogl lite as a mutation for two weeks.

Members of the official forums were talking about "HR" as in "Is HR limited?"

What does that mean?

Dr Stabbingworth said:
How do I find a 10v10 server?

Members of the official forums were talking about "HR" as in "Is HR limited?"

What does that mean?
Hunting Rifle. That gun is amazing. Too amazing.

Hari Seldon said:
Oh nice, does it autodownload to the game?
Yeah, in most cases it'll just beam down to your computer when you open steam or try to open the game.

ameratsu

the randoms playing the confogl mutation are seriously worse than the randoms playing regular versus. Some people must look at it and go "oh cool a new mutation" without realizing what they're playing. Some guy on my team yesterday said the mode sucked because it was the same as versus.

&Divius said:
What is confogl mutation?

Previously a server-side modification that greatly alters the mechanics of Left4Dead 2 to make the game more playable in a competitive eSports setting. In other words, Confogl is Left4Dead 2's "No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination".

A lot of the more random elements get shut off, and odds are heavily stacked in favor of the infected. From what I can remember off the top of my head:

• There are no health kits. Just pills and shots.
  • There are no Tier 2 or Tier 3 weapons except the magnum. All you get is the shitty shotgun, SMG, or hunting rifle.
  • No chainsaws, grenade launchers, fire bullets or explosive rounds.
  • Hazmat infected no longer drop bile, "Fallen Survivor" infected no longer drop molotovs
  • There are guaranteed hordes every 100 seconds. All hordes (even those from vomit) consist of exactly 25 zombies.
  • There is always a tank in every single map.
  • Tanks have temporary immunity to fire for 5 seconds after spawning.
  • Tanks can punch survivors off ledges that would normally trigger the "hanging from a ledge" animation.
  • There are no wandering witches, only seated ones.
  • Special infected spawn distances have been reduced.
  • Jockey pounces recharge much faster.

Top Bottom