• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead PS3 appearing on several retail websites

StuBurns

Banned
Slavik81 said:
Why would you use a port to a system with a strange architecture and a different graphics API as your base code?
What? He's saying they've already ported the engine for the Orange Box, and why not just use that. It makes perfect sense. People shit on the PS3 version of the Orange Box, and rightly so, there is some serious issues with it, but there is also with the 360 version. It runs better on my MacBook then it does on either next gen console.

Maybe Valve need to really port Source for next gen consoles, but until they do, the Orange Box PS3 code isn't half as bad as people make out. The game doesn't even look as good as EP2.

Slavik81

stuburns said:
What? He's saying they've already ported the engine for the Orange Box, and why not just use that. It makes perfect sense. People shit on the PS3 version of the Orange Box, and rightly so, there is some serious issues with it, but there is also with the 360 version. It runs better on my MacBook then it does on either next gen console.

Maybe Valve need to really port Source for next gen consoles, but until they do, the Orange Box PS3 code isn't half as bad as people make out. The game doesn't even look as good as EP2.
Oh, that makes more sense.
When he had said 'all those Source games', I had thought he meant they should use the Orange Box PS3 port code as the base code for the 360 and PC versions of their games in the future.

Top Bottom