• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left Alive Story Trailer

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

I personally looking forward to Daemon X Machina more because I like mecha design more and absolutely in love with visual style but this game kind of looks interesting as well so I will keep eye on this as well. We could never have too mecha games.:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

So basically it's sort of like Valkyria Chronicles with a Front Mission aesthetic? Yes, please! Pity there is no 1X version since it's coming from a 3rd party but I'll just eventually run it on a Shadow PC.

Last edited:

Tbone3336

Gold Member
The cover of this game gives me MGS 3 vibes. Is this turn based strategy like VC or Front Mission? Looks good so far either way.

Edit: I see it is 3rd person shooter type game.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The cover of this game gives me MGS 3 vibes. Is this turn based strategy like VC or Front Mission? Looks good so far either way.
Well the same artist who worked on MGS series also working on this one but base on the trailer this seems like third person shooter with Mecha game mixed in. Also it seems it set on same world as Front Mission.

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks like low budget MGS with more mechs, seems to be going for the same melodramatic cheese (though I wonder if it will also have the charm)

Still, I'm kinda curiously optimistic about this one. I agree with OP, we can never have too many mecha games

Last edited:
I really like the character design as well as the lighting and choice of colors. Gameplay seemed meh until the bit with the mecha which got me kinda excited. I hope the story is decent but in any case I'm glad more mecha games are being made.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The story looks like dumb fun, I love the character designs, and the gameplay looks rather... meh.

Already bought the Collector's Edition. I'm in.

Danjin44

The story looks like dumb fun, I love the character designs, and the gameplay looks rather... meh.

Already bought the Collector's Edition. I'm in.
Same, I like this type of character design that over hyper realistic face in DMC 5 or putting celebrities faces in Death Stranding. Is the collector's edition SE store exclusive like NieR Automata Black box edition?

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
The more i see of this game the more mid-tier (in terms of budget) it looks but i don't consider that a bad thing because usually these types of games are willing to take more risks in gameplay than the typical AAA games. Hopefully this will be one of those cases.

Danjin44

The more i see of this game the more mid-tier (in terms of budget) it looks but i don't consider that a bad thing because usually these types of games are willing to take more risks in gameplay than the typical AAA games. Hopefully this will be one of those cases.
If having mid-tier budget means having more interesting character design instead of what Kojima is doing for his next game, then I take the game with mid-tier budget.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Same, I like this type of character design that over hyper realistic face in DMC 5 or putting celebrities faces in Death Stranding. Is the collector's edition SE store exclusive like NieR Automata Black box edition?

I have no clue if it is store exclusive, I think it is - but I just got an email and bought it immediately. I need a nice Mech to showcase in my Gaming Collection.

blackjon24

So basically it's sort of like Valkyria Chronicles with a Front Mission aesthetic? Yes, please! Pity there is no 1X version since it's coming from a 3rd party but I'll just eventually run it on a Shadow PC.

Not at all but that’s actually a great idea. The valkyria chronicles battle system would work great with front mission but instead we are getting a straight up shooter. I don't know why you make a game like this exclusive, I don't see much excitement in this at all so it should release on as many platform as possible.

Danjin44

Not at all but that’s actually a great idea. The valkyria chronicles battle system would work great with front mission but instead we are getting a straight up shooter. I don't know why you make a game like this exclusive, I don't see much excitement in this at all so it should release on as many platform as possible.
I'm surprised Xbox is not getting this game. I don't why SE is being so weird with Xbox! They are not putting DQXI on Xbox even tho it much easier to port on Xbox than Switch, they releasing KHIII on Xbox but not HD collection and now releasing Left Alive on PS4 on and PC but not Xbox.

Last edited:

decisions

This game looks interesting, seems to have a production caliber that is really rare for this gen, a kind of "AA" title. Games of this caliber can end up being cult classics so I'll keep my eye on this one.

blackjon24

I'm surprised Xbox is not getting this game. I don't why SE is being so weird with Xbox! They are not putting DQXI on Xbox even tho it much easier to port on Xbox than Switch, they releasing KHIII on Xbox but not HD collection and now releasing Left Alive on PS4 on P4 and PC but not Xbox.

Exactly! One of the reasons I could never be an xbox only guy you miss out on some games for seemingly no good reason at all

D.Final

Banned
This game interests me a lot.
Both for the story, and for the spectacular artistic direction of the characters and the world.

I have already bought the collectors edition :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

I'm getting the feeling that shooting and other actions aren't as easy as in other games in order to force you to use tactics and gadgets and all that stuff. I see a lot of recoil and such for example.

Anyway, I really hope this delivers, it certainly doesn't reach the highs of MGSV's best in presentation and everything else but hey, if it's good enough and feels like a complete game I'm all for it...

Last edited:

Alexios

Can't edit last post. So I couldn't place it before, I was first thinking older Rainbow Six games for example, or even SWAT4, but now I see that recoil style reminds me a lot of Splinter Cell, Blacklist that I played last but I guess others in the series too, probably. I like that, Blacklist had a lot of freedom of movement and fluidity kind of similar to MGSV if not quite up there but then didn't make it so you can just rambo through everything like you're playing an FPS (at least when you disabled some of the optional aids like mark and execute or whatever). It was a good game and one I hold in higher regard if only for having mission design and feeling full. This is another open world-ish game however so we'll see how it develops. I'm starting to get sort of hyped with every new video though, I really hope it delivers.

Last edited:

Breakage

The MGS influence is obvious – even down to the UI menus, female voice over, and ominous remark at the end of the trailer.

Last edited:

Alexios

The MGS influence is obvious – even down to the UI menus, female voice over, and ominous remark at the end of the trailer.
They've not been shy to that since the beginning, it's been reported they even went as far as asking for Kojima's permission and consulting him. And they do have the MGS character artist onboard.

Last edited:

Breakage

They've not been shy to that since the beginning, it's been reported they even went as far as asking for Kojima's permission.
Really? That's interesting. I'm sure the title "Left Alive" isn't accidental either and is likely a nod to Metal Gear Survive.

Tarkus98

This looks like it will be a lot of fun. Definitely on my radar for March.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention OP. Was not aware of this game until now.

Alexios

More stuff here.
https://gematsu.com/2018/12/left-alive-details-mikhails-story-basic-game-progression-and-more
https://gematsu.com/2018/12/left-alive-find-a-way-to-survive-trailer-screenshots
Left-Alive_2018_12-11-18_020.jpg
Left-Alive_2018_12-11-18_022.jpg

Danjin44

I like what I'm seeing and I like character designs so far. But I don't think this game is full on mech game like Daemon X Machina, this more of third person shooter with mech battles.

Alexios

You're right, it's not, they've confirmed in interviews that Wanzer use is very limited, the core of the game is the stealth/otherwise tactical action as far as we know/have seen.

Last edited:

Danjin44

You're right, it's not, they've confirmed in interviews that Wanzer use is very limited.
Well I don't mind, I'm planing to get both this and Daemon X Machina and I also really like mech design in this game.
78808_gb_news.jpg

If the collectors edition that comes with the mech becomes available in Canada I definitely going to get it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
There are two reasons I want to get this: Yoji Shinkawa and Front Mission. I wonder how much depth this game is going to have. Front Mission Evolved didn't catch my interest and this has fewer mechs. I really hope there are a lot weather effects (the snow), the game is fun, and the story has some meat to it. Maybe I'm looking for themes and metaphors.

Danjin44

I am hyped for this game. Looks like it is going to be a very dumb, very fun time.
Yeah, the story is going be over the top and I kind of like that. I heard this game also going to have online play but I hope it not big focus and have interesting and meaty single player.

edit: does anybody know why this game is not coming to Xbox? This type of game that xbox gamer going to like, at least more than KHIII and NieR Automata.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Don't think they've said anything about that, at least it's coming to PC :)
But its weird, I don't see zero reason why this game shouldn't also come out for Xbox. If Phil Spencer is saying they are going have better year in 2019 or for next gen then this needs to be fixed. Some games straight up skip Xbox for no good reason, why? If this continues in next Xbox then I don't see any reason to get their system even it going to be more powerful console.

Last edited:

Alexios

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/left-alive-official-broadcast-archive

Some kind of livestream, lots of gameplay scattered around.
  • 09:35 – Broadcast begins (game content introduction begins at 12:37)
  • 29:43 – “Find a Way to Survive” trailer
  • 35:52 – Map gameplay and commentary
  • 43:52 – Wanzer-related gameplay
  • 49:22 – Trailer for a video of producer Shinji Hashimoto trying to survive a stage
  • 51:32 – Product-related information
  • 55:17 – Ultimate Edition close-up

Last edited:

Alexios

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/left-al...y-rescuing-civilians-online-features-and-more

They seem to be recycling material, a trailer from the other day for a character was super brief and didn't show anything new. But there's good text info on that page, seems the game even has some Souls-like network connectivity with a heat map showing where people died the most and the occasional player lootable bodies appearing in the dangerous areas for incentive to go there rather than just avoid them.

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/left-alive-the-garmoniyan-invasion-trailer-screenshots

Last edited:

Danjin44

I am excited. I don't expect a 10/10 game, but something dumb and entertaining nonetheless.
I personally more excited for this game than Death Stranding. This is a perfect AA Japanese game we need.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I have a feeling this game might end up like Valkyria Chronicles 4. It gets great reviews but people barely pay attention to it.

Top Bottom