• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left leaning anti-scientific beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

yeah, this one is gonna be a problem for a while.

Those studies are heavily criticized.

I'll wait for a study of such kind done in a developed country, not that I would be surprised by the results, (just check the prevalence of hiv in Europe vs the US as well as circumcision rates).

There is a difference between a hybrid that can self sustain and a GMO hybrid which only exists while using immense amounts of chemicals.

At the moment not a single GMO crop could self sustain, because they lack the basic survival methods of crop, some of them are actually not even able to reproduce themselves without a lab.

Let's see how well a domesticated milk cow will survive in the wild. Oh wait, tons of domesticated crop and livestock species can't survive for crap in the wild. Lack of survivability in the wild doesn't mean shit.

RedFyn

Let's say there is another food scandal, where unsafe meat has been used or some disease could be spread by eating said meat. You know if the product you bought is safe.
Im not quite sure what you mean, its already possible to trace a contaminated product back to the source in America. I don't recall a time where it was ever left a mystery.

Or if you want to buy local and don't want your meat to come from New Zealand, or you have ethical problems when it comes to factory farming.
Whole foods and farmers markets pretty much take care of this no?

More labeling is always better, because my interests as a consumer are more important than corporate interests, and I for one am happy that the EU at least partly agrees with me.
As Opiate is trying to explain to you, it isn't always pro consumer to throw everything in their face.

You should check this out; http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

I don't think it's the conumers job to blindly trust said corporations/studies when it comes to GMOs. Let me make my own decision, even if it hurts your bottom line.
Let you make an uninformed decision because you know better than that study done saying it's safe. Hmmm ok, go ahead but don't expect them to label everything for you. If you're worried about it you can do your homework and decide which products to buy. I don't know what most of the ingredients in my food is and guess what I don't care. If I did I'd look it up.

This sounds like an anti vaccine comment, thinking that you know better than the study saying its safe. That the company/scientist/government isn't to be trusted, not that I support blind trust mind you, but at some point you go from warranted caution and concern to fanatical opposition.

Trokil

Banned
Let's see how well a domesticated milk cow will survive in the wild. Oh wait, tons of domesticated crop and livestock species can't survive for crap in the wild. Lack of survivability in the wild doesn't mean shit.

well, some of them do quite well

But, again there is also a difference between this

Simmentaler_Fleckvieh.jpg

and this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom