• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Well now I'm tempted to make a trip out tomorrow! I wonder if they have it in-store or whether they're selling it online only at the moment.

Is it worth sacrificing my VIP points to get it a few days early...

Well even if they didn't have it in store, you could order online and collect on Friday for free..

Keaner

Neo Member
Since it's National Dog Day, I thought I'd post this oldie of my dog and AT-AT, a mashup of the original 4483 and 75054:

10986210_646555408782802_585533705_n.jpg

Well even if they didn't have it in store, you could order online and collect on Friday for free..

Fair shout! Might pop down and see first, it's probably worth getting for £39.99 as I have a feeling that isn't the proper price, if they're selling it in the US for $59.99

twin_peaks_dale_cooper_001.jpg

Twin Peaks is in the same universe as X-Files

If you are going to do the Cooper thumbs up right, it's gotta be animated.

X6fvllG.gif

And my wife and I might be heading to Nashville this weekend, which means being at the same mall as a LEGO store. Sigh. I wanted to be strong and wait for September 1st for Wall-E, and October for double VIP. But if I am in the same location as a store, I will be weak.

I have a sneaking suspicion I will be coming home with a Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu this weekend. And no money afterwards.

If you are going to do the Cooper thumbs up right, it's gotta be animated.

And my wife and I might be heading to Nashville this weekend, which means being at the same mall as a LEGO store. Sigh. I wanted to be strong and wait for September 1st for Wall-E, and October for double VIP. But if I am in the same location as a store, I will be weak.

I have a sneaking suspicion I will be coming home with a Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu this weekend. And no money afterwards.

Depending on the time and gas money, you may be saving more money by getting it sooner when you are in the area. :)

Markus

Went through a box of some of the instruction books from what I got from my haul on the weekend. These are some of the more interesting ones that should all be in there somewhere, just got to make sure they are complete.

11138637_10206505956980867_2401019277891418967_n.jpg

Depending on the time and gas money, you may be saving more money by getting it sooner when you are in the area. :)

Tax is higher in TN than here in KY, so it will actually be more expensive. But, it is instant gratification. The smart thing is to wait. Maybe just a PAB cup or two depending on the selection there.

Besides, a new set will just delay me from continuing on my Halloween MOC. Speaking of which, I finished the church and the grounds around it now.

That is taking up a whole 48x48 plate now. Now I need to finish the graveyard plate, then move onto my creepy forest.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Fair shout! Might pop down and see first, it's probably worth getting for £39.99 as I have a feeling that isn't the proper price, if they're selling it in the US for $59.99

I was wondering that to, but Amazon uk are showing £39.99 (but out of stock). If they have some, grab two ;)

Rootbeer

Banned
Found a Poe's X-wing at target but the register wouldn't let me buy it due to the 9-4 street date. Foiled again!

Rough! I plan on hitting Target on Force Friday though so it is somewhat comforting knowing that they aren't selling stuff because I want there to be plenty when I get there. Course that wouldn't stop me from feeling bummed if I were in your shoes!

Since everybody is turning nostalgic...

There's plently of sets I remember fondly (the 6392 airport being one). I'm lucky enough to still have them, including boxes and manuals, although I can't see myself displaying them (a bit bare for that).

I don't have real regrets about not being able to put my hands on a set, but if there's one, that probably would be this one~:
8094closed.jpg

I'd still be interested in it today, although I've a couple Mindstorm boxes (the first one being the Robotic Inventions box including a RCX offered by friends twelve years ago... I hadn't touch a Lego for years, and a couple days later, my parents were surprised to see me digging them out of storage ^_^ )

I had that set still do In the box etc... So annoying I cried at it when I got it as it was frustration.

I had 7 pages or so to go of the manual so I was very close to completion and bang... The part wouldn't fit. I don't know how, so I was absolute frantic. Turned out in one of the first instructions I placed a 4 long teeth section one more to the left than it should have been.

Destroyed it and put it back in the box.

TheFuzz

Tax is higher in TN than here in KY, so it will actually be more expensive. But, it is instant gratification. The smart thing is to wait. Maybe just a PAB cup or two depending on the selection there.

Besides, a new set will just delay me from continuing on my Halloween MOC. Speaking of which, I finished the church and the grounds around it now.

That is taking up a whole 48x48 plate now. Now I need to finish the graveyard plate, then move onto my creepy forest.

Awesome work, Phon! I love the front facade. Any chance we can get a closer pic? I'd love to see the front, especially towards the top. I'm adding a third floor to my Arkham Asylum modular and I think I see an idea in there I'd like to use.

Ponn

Banned

Nice work Phon. You are keeping me motivated to work on mine so keep posting pics and updates. I really like your broken section of the building and the roof.

Has the $25 off $100 for Lego Star Wars at Target been confirmed yet? I'm wondering if that will be available on their website that night. I'm not sure I can weather the crowds at Target but if I can order the Millennium Falcon off the Target website with $25 off I will be in.

MXRider

Nice work Phon. You are keeping me motivated to work on mine so keep posting pics and updates. I really like your broken section of the building and the roof.

Has the $25 off $100 for Lego Star Wars at Target been confirmed yet? I'm wondering if that will be available on their website that night. I'm not sure I can weather the crowds at Target but if I can order the Millennium Falcon off the Target website with $25 off I will be in.

I posted this a few days ago. It doesnt count LEGO.

So the $10 off $50 and $25 off $100 on Star Wars stuff at target excludes Lego.

It's a sad day.

Link to ad
http://www.freestufffinder.com/ads/target-ad-preview-830-95/

TRU Sweden claims to have 20% off "all Star Wars" products. Remains to be seen if that includes Lego, but if it does, the Falcon is a definite get.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Check back in this thread around 9PM PST on Aug 31st if you want to order one from a NA retailer. Other countries, give or take several hours but they will be near that timeframe most likely.

Does the Lego store online update at midnight EST? I remember the birds set didn't come online until the following morning.

Calcium

Banned
Thanks to the Force Awakens hype I bought the Ultimate Collector's Series Slave 1. This is my first LEGO set I've built since I was a kid and holy hell LEGO has come a long way. The entire time I was building the ship I just kept thinking "How the hell did someone create this?!". It took me a little over 6 hours to put it together and I have to say I'm definitely picking up more LEGO sets from now on.

Wall-E is amazing, an incredible piece of engineering.

The arms move forwards, backwards, up and down, the hands spin round and are fully articulated, the neck is hinged in two places and the head spins round, the eyes tilt, he can move around on his treads, he opens up, he can hold stuff in his hands. It's basically as amazingly faithful a representation of Wall-E as you could possibly imagine, and putting it all together yourself is excellent. The eyes in particular are such a brilliant part of the build, so many interesting techniques.

The set is basically essential, I'd say.

Thanks to the Force Awakens hype I bought the Ultimate Collector's Series Slave 1. This is my first LEGO set I've built since I was a kid and holy hell LEGO has come a long way. The entire time I was building the ship I just kept thinking "How the hell did someone create this?!". It took me a little over 6 hours to put it together and I have to say I'm definitely picking up more LEGO sets from now on.

That's exactly how I felt after being away from Lego for so long. Builds have come a very long way and continue to improve.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

The arms move forwards, backwards, up and down, the hands spin round and are fully articulated, the neck is hinged in two places and the head spins round, the eyes tilt, he can move around on his treads, he opens up, he can hold stuff in his hands. It's basically as amazingly faithful a representation of Wall-E as you could possibly imagine, and putting it all together yourself is excellent. The eyes in particular are such a brilliant part of the build, so many interesting techniques.

Sounds amazing, I hadn't realised the ideas set was put forward by one of the Pixar designers on Wall-E

To me, it was essential the day it was announced based on the character alone ;)

Wall-E is on S@H now, and at a very reasonable price. I'll actually have to add stuff just to get to free shipping. Might throw in a Scooby set or something. Or get two.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Stoked, my set should be at my door next Thursday.

Here is a video review of the set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t86Ti9aPEnY

chidrock

You must mean EU because i just checked and was disappointed to find nothing :(

lol that post threw me off too! I jumped over to S@H as soon as I saw it and was wondering why I didn't see the set anywhere. I guess I should've read the next post.

I was at the local Lego shop today and asked if they knew when they were going to get it, and the manager said that she thought they would have them this week but it looks like it was pushed back. She said she got a notice that it was going to be delayed.

On a side note, they had the new CMFs out and went through 4 of their 6 boxes of them already. (They got them in on Tuesday) I'm glad I didn't wait until 9/1 for them...

3N16MA

Banned
I'm a a little disappointed in the seasonal Halloween set. Seems like a step back from the Valentine's day and Easter sets. It's not horrible just not great.

I actually quickly planned my first MOC a couple months back which is similar to the Halloween set. Front porch with a door, stairs, small path with a tree, and would be trick or treat themed. I had a feeling TLG would do that for the seasonal set. I think I will eventually get around to putting it together.

The Thanksgiving set seems like a cross between the Valentine's Day and Eater sets.

JANG reviewed the Ninjago Temple

http://youtu.be/qgqErKN8MAY

Very positive impressions.

God, that set is so sexy looking. I am trying to hold off for double VIP, but that set is speaking to me on so many levels. I think my expectations are maybe too high on it.

And a question for those that hate opened back playsets like this and Orthanc and whatnot: When you display stuff, is it in a spot that people can see it from any angle? I see so many complaints about opened back sets and wanting to get multiples to close them off, but I genuinely wonder how many people have things displayed where every side is easily viewed when on display.
I would think the open back stuff just means put it on a shelf and only the front or side is visible, but you can easily turn it around to show off the interior if needed.

I actually have Orthanc displayed on top of a terrarium which is near the wall so no one that isn't actively looking for it can see the backside without turning Orthanc around at least a little...

In that way, it DOES look totally enclosed to bystanders. I'd recommend this as well, otherwise if you place it in the middle of a room or whatever, it'd look awkward imo.

also: i just put a couple things in my cart in a Bricklink shop only to notice at checkout it won't let me buy since i didn't hit their minimum buy of, get this, a THOUSAND DOLLARS.

WTF??? is this common? Normally in my experience BL shops have minimum buys of 5, 10 or at the most 20 dollars. So you're telling me i couldn't even buy 2 freakin Death Stars off of this guy if i wanted to since it wouldn't fit the minimum buy criteria? Is this a bulk only store or what?

I'm building the Ninjago Coty of Stiix for display at work, and I just built the skeleton minifig - since when did they have like fully moulded ribs and a ridged spine that sticks out?! I've never seen this before, super cool.

Wish they still had the dangly arms though, I really don't like the new arms. I mean I know why they changed it but still, the old arms looked so much better.

willp2003

I put an order in with Amazon UK for wall-e (even though it was out off stock) and it's now saying the delivery estimate is sept 1st, and is preparing for dispatch. It's a shame we've got a bank holiday on Monday otherwise it may have turned up a bit earlier.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I put an order in with Amazon UK for wall-e (even though it was out off stock) and it's now saying the delivery estimate is sept 1st, and is preparing for dispatch. It's a shame we've got a bank holiday on Monday otherwise it may have turned up a bit earlier.

If you are in a hurry, John Lewis seem to have them in store, or order online at John Lewis and collect at a nearby JL/waitrose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom