• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not sure if he actually sold it, the page shows the listing "ended", and it doesn't show up when you search for "sold" items.

But there's a second dude with a new listing, auction starting at US$1000, buy it now at US$2500!

I think he's being a bit optimistic, to say the least.

"Optimistic" you say? :p

Guess i'll be selling mine... really thankful to have won but I'd much rather have ~$1000-$2000. I'm assuming nobody here is that anxious to get their hands on it but you can have first dibs :p

Sell it. Unless you're a hardcore collector, there will always be someone who wants to pay insane money for rare stuff. It was the same for me with Mr Gold. If it had been worth like $30, I would have kept it to have something neat. Worth as much as an entire lineup of sets? Here, take it!

neonglow

"Optimistic" you say? :p

Guess i'll be selling mine... really thankful to have won but I'd much rather have ~$1000-$2000. I'm assuming nobody here is that anxious to get their hands on it but you can have first dibs :p

I'd sell it if I was in your place but it comes down to how much it's worth to you. If the price people are wanting it for is much more than what it's worth it to me, I'd sell it. I ended up selling some of my Comic-Con minifigures for that reason.

It's crazy to think for the Bat-Pod, people are paying a big markup for basically the box and instruction manual. I think LEGO will eventually make a retail version of the vehicle a couple years from now when the next solo Batman movies come out.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
I've so far spent £40 on parts for my Batpod.

Spending 37 times that on a version with a box (as I don't think any of the parts are exclusive?) is mad.

Selling something at 37 times that price though, is smart. ;)

Ponn

Banned
Man as Dimensions gets closer I keep getting more hyped but im trying to stay strong. I want to at least hold out till black friday for some kind of deal. I am going to get the Portal, BttF and Wizard of Oz packs though because i think those could become hard to find. I might get pused over the edge if they have the starter pack on S@H during double vip points.

Man as Dimensions gets closer I keep getting more hyped but im trying to stay strong. I want to at least hold out till black friday for some kind of deal. I am going to get the Portal, BttF and Wizard of Oz packs though because i think those could become hard to find. I might get pused over the edge if they have the starter pack on S@H during double vip points.

I'm not getting the game for now, maybe on clearance. But I NEED the Portal set so I preordered that along with Rock Band 4. Then I'll look for the BttF, Dr Who and Oz sets if they go cheaper.

It's rather crazy though. Portal costs as much as the Rey Speeder set and that is already overpriced. I know there's some DLC included, but the price-per-part is pretty sick on these. $30 for basically a polybag with a level.

Ponn

Banned
I'm not getting the game for now, maybe on clearance. But I NEED the Portal set so I preordered that along with Rock Band 4. Then I'll look for the BttF, Dr Who and Oz sets if they go cheaper.

It's rather crazy though. Portal costs as much as the Rey Speeder set and that is already overpriced. I know there's some DLC included, but the price-per-part is pretty sick on these. $30 for basically a polybag with a level.

Its amazing how they got two groups over a barrel, those that want the dlc and levels and those that want the figs.

Fishlake

Its amazing how they got two groups over a barrel, those that want the dlc and levels and those that want the figs.

I think this is true with every toy to life market. Which is why they are so popular right now.

Got the Haunted Mansion delivered over the weekend but I'm going to hold off building it for now. We have guests coming over soon and I want to clean up the remaining Legos that I laid out for organizing so that we can use the space as needed.

I still don't even know what LEGO Dimensions is. Like, the gameplay, I have no idea at all.

I think that so far this lack of knowledge has saved me buying any of it.

I'm assuming that there aren't any codes involved with this, since the figures are universal across formats. That means that there will be plenty of activation plates sold separately on Bricklink, and I can just put my own Legolas or Superman on there if I want to. Having two collector groups desiring different parts of the sets might actually turn out cheaper in the long run.

Dimensions is powered by Synergy!

Will be interesting to see how big market will be for people that just want game piece (stand with RFID) and people that just want the minifig.

This year's Bricktober sets looked pretty uninteresting until I got to the last one.

vXplNS6.png

I love it.

The rest of the images are here:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-toys-r-us-bricktober-2015-official-images/

Edit: Actually, some of the sets look pretty nice. The bakery is well done.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I built my Wall•E over the weekend, and I'm in awe. It's really that good, and so much personality!

I fixed the head by simply applying a bit of tape to the technic piece, as someone in this thread suggested, and it works surprisingly well. Perfect even! So thanks for that :)

By the way, my Wall•E order had a fortunate side effect... I threw in a few Mixels in my order to get free shipping and the free poly bag. My girlfriend, who is at times a little critical about my LEGO hobby, was a bit bored, and I jokingly suggested she build some Mixels with me. Bear in mind, she never touched a piece of LEGO in her life. I was surprised when she said "yeah, why not?", and even more so when she ended up actually loving it! Maybe it's the fun nature of the Mixels or the fact that they're fast builds, but she was really excited about what she had just created. Awesome. She's also really likes of the Wall•E set, but that was a given as she's a big fan of the movie. But anyway, I hope we'll build some more fun stuff together in the future :)

Bricktober returns to TRU this year:

mAMOmHd.jpg

These dates are for Hong Kong TRUs, so I'm thinking the North American releases will be a couple weeks later.

This year's Bricktober sets looked pretty uninteresting until I got to the last one.

I love it.

The rest of the images are here:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-toys-r-us-bricktober-2015-official-images/

Edit: Actually, some of the sets look pretty nice. The bakery is well done.

I really like microscale. Those TRU microsale sets are nice if they are free with LEGO purchases over a certain price, but that ridiculous $20 price tag on the ones last year is well, ridiculous.

I really like microscale. Those TRU microsale sets are nice if they are free with LEGO purchases over a certain price, but that ridiculous $20 price tag on the ones last year is well, ridiculous.

They were free with an $80 purchase last year. Hopefully it'll be less this year.

Had a nice time with my daughter tonight where we built a part of a town together with my pieces. We decided to work on it through the week when I get home from work every night.

Oh, and it seems that one of the new interview tactics at work is they do group interviews and have the candidates do some sort of LEGO project together. I only heard the managers talk about it, but I wanna watch it next time. I am very curious.

Ponn

Banned
I'm strongly debating getting a second Santa's Workshop when they come back in stock to make a full reindeer team. I could also make Santa's house a little bigger but more importantly make the workshop part bigger.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Kitsuné;178762175 said:
I built my Wall•E over the weekend, and I'm in awe. It's really that good, and so much personality!

I fixed the head by simply applying a bit of tape to the technic piece, as someone in this thread suggested, and it works surprisingly well. Perfect even! So thanks for that :)

By the way, my Wall•E order had a fortunate side effect... I threw in a few Mixels in my order to get free shipping and the free poly bag. My girlfriend, who is at times a little critical about my LEGO hobby, was a bit bored, and I jokingly suggested she build some Mixels with me. Bear in mind, she never touched a piece of LEGO in her life. I was surprised when she said "yeah, why not?", and even more so when she ended up actually loving it! Maybe it's the fun nature of the Mixels or the fact that they're fast builds, but she was really excited about what she had just created. Awesome. She's also really likes of the Wall•E set, but that was a given as she's a big fan of the movie. But anyway, I hope we'll build some more fun stuff together in the future :)

the lego ideas birds set could be a good one to try on her - each bird is relatively small and easy to build but they look great.

taoofjord

Kitsuné;178762175 said:

Nice! I've done the same thing with my wife. She appreciates Lego and sees the value in it but hasn't had any interest in spending money to buy her own sets. So I bought 3 mixels and she put one together and really enjoyed it. A couple weeks later I bought the Lego Creator Rainforest Animals set for her since she love animals. It was another hit. The Lego Ideas birds set seems like a good next step but we'll see. It's a bit more expensive and she may not want to spend that much. Maybe for Christmas.

I still don't think she'll ever buy her own set but I'm glad she enjoyed what she built.

peely

Neo Member
the lego ideas birds set could be a good one to try on her - each bird is relatively small and easy to build but they look great.

I second this - my missus saw this on the Secret World of Lego documentary and we got it shortly after and she loved it. Was her first Lego set and now she wants Wall-E ... which is out of stock on the website :(

Had a nice time with my daughter tonight where we built a part of a town together with my pieces. We decided to work on it through the week when I get home from work every night.

You know what's up.

We only do it every few weeks, but whenever I build things with my girls we have such a blast. They LOVE the fact that everything is sorted so they know where to go to find pieces.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
If anyone's planning to Bricklink the Batpod, I'd get a wriggle on. Some of the parts are getting thin on the ground, and the tyres have jumped up to £30 each! LEGO was taking direct orders for the tyres according to Brickset but have stopped now, I assume they cottoned on to the scalpers (or needed themselves...)

If you have some of the bits though, and are in the UK, and want to order more, A Brick Ship House on Bricklink is a great store - the guy who runs it recognised what I was buying parts for, and was very friendly/helpful!

I'm strongly debating getting a second Santa's Workshop when they come back in stock to make a full reindeer team. I could also make Santa's house a little bigger but more importantly make the workshop part bigger.

I never heard anyone here every say never get two or more of a set. You can also subsidize the cost of a second one by selling the extra Mr. and Mrs. Claus.

Can always resort to Bricklinking the pieces you don't have for more reindeer.

You know what's up.

We only do it every few weeks, but whenever I build things with my girls we have such a blast. They LOVE the fact that everything is sorted so they know where to go to find pieces.

Yeah my daughter just leaves her legos all jumbled together with other toys, but she loves that she can find what she's looking for in the stuff I got.

So far we've only built a house, a space car, and a very well supplied lemonade stand.

Amiibro

What a great day. I went out shopping after lunch because the wife and daughter took off to go run some errands for her father. Stopped by a couple stores, found a few small Lego things marked down. I ended the day with a slam dunk though!

Mis-priced sets and I scored the two biggest Elves sets for $35!

Bii

What a great day. I went out shopping after lunch because the wife and daughter took off to go run some errands for her father. Stopped by a couple stores, found a few small Lego things marked down. I ended the day with a slam dunk though!

Mis-priced sets and I scored the two biggest Elves sets for $35!

Which stores did you go to?

Edit: I went to my local B&N and they didn't have any LEGO sets in the clearance section. I went to the LEGO stands where they normally are and spotted two sets that I saw someone else picked up. The Jedi Scout Fighter was still full priced but the LEGO Chima Sparratus' Spider Stalker was 50% off even when it wasn't labeled as such. So I grabbed that. I'm sure there are other sets there but didn't want to bother the workers price checking sets that I think that might be clearanced out.

Ryuuroden

Built the UCS Slave 1 today. Very sexy ship. Has a lot of nice curves and just the right amount of visible studs. Going to do either Ewok Village, Sandcrawler, or Tie Fighter next. I am leaning toward Tie Fighter in order to have a row of UCS ships while Sandcrawler and Ewok Village would be going on different shelves.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but is there any idea when the next double VIP event might happen? The only set I have left to buy from Jurassic World is the Indominus Rex one, and since it's so expensive, I'd rather nab it with a nice bonus if I can.

Cheers for any insight you guys can give.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but is there any idea when the next double VIP event might happen? The only set I have left to buy from Jurassic World is the Indominus Rex one, and since it's so expensive, I'd rather nab it with a nice bonus if I can.

Cheers for any insight you guys can give.

First two weeks of October.

Amiibro

Which stores did you go to?

Edit: I went to my local B&N and they didn't have any LEGO sets in the clearance section. I went to the LEGO stands where they normally are and spotted two sets that I saw someone else picked up. The Jedi Scout Fighter was still full priced but the LEGO Chima Sparratus' Spider Stalker was 50% off even when it wasn't labeled as such. So I grabbed that. I'm sure there are other sets there but didn't want to bother the workers price checking sets that I think that might be clearanced out.

I hit up Target, Walmart, Kmart.

The Elves deal was just total luck, they could have easily told me no but I was pretty nice about it. The department manager even went in the department and ripped all the tags down before a store manager got involved. Sadly for them I took pictures because I knew the pricing was probably wrong. Just one of those things where being nice and patient and saying the right things works in your favor.

My daughter always checks out the Elves sets but since they have tons of small parts I never really think about getting them for her. She is really only good with Mini Figures and bigger blocks right now. After checking out the boxes on the Elves sets they are really quite awesome. I kind of was against them because of the obvious girl colored blocks and my girl likes to get things she wants not based on colors. From TMNT to MLP to Disney to Dinosaurs, she loves everything.

I hit up Target, Walmart, Kmart.

The Elves deal was just total luck, they could have easily told me no but I was pretty nice about it. The department manager even went in the department and ripped all the tags down before a store manager got involved. Sadly for them I took pictures because I knew the pricing was probably wrong. Just one of those things where being nice and patient and saying the right things works in your favor.

My daughter always checks out the Elves sets but since they have tons of small parts I never really think about getting them for her. She is really only good with Mini Figures and bigger blocks right now. After checking out the boxes on the Elves sets they are really quite awesome. I kind of was against them because of the obvious girl colored blocks and my girl likes to get things she wants not based on colors. From TMNT to MLP to Disney to Dinosaurs, she loves everything.

Elves are great. Did you get the treetop hideout and the castle both for that price? I'm waiting for a price drop on the castle since I mostly want the new figure and there's plenty of parts that will be hard to find a use for, but the hideout is great with all kinds of rare colour combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom