• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy!!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So will it get a GCN release along side the PS2 and Xbox? Or will they greatly delay it like the first one?

border

I wonder if Eidos will publish this again?
Mejilan said:
What was the first one like?
A floating-cam action game that was mostly aimed at kids (very easy), yet still somehow ended up being 10 times better than the Lucasarts ROTS game.

I remember playing the demo at BestBuy and liking it a lot, might pick it up when its cheaper. Just got done watching the IGN video review and it looks like there's a lot to the game too, pod races looked better than the pod racing game for the N64 :lol

Edit: wait the game is only $20? Consider it bought.

Cheebs

Awesome. You know what? Totally random but know what would be the best lego game ever? A DS lego game, no purpose. Just building lego's with a touch screen.

Still anyway, any word on a Cube or PS2 release?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Fuzzy said:
So will it get a GCN release along side the PS2 and Xbox? Or will they greatly delay it like the first one?
I hope a GCN version is released along with the others so that I can buy it for GCN. I got the first one on PS2.

Cheebs said:
Awesome. You know what? Totally random but know what would be the best lego game ever? A DS lego game, no purpose. Just building lego's with a touch screen.

Still anyway, any word on a Cube or PS2 release?

I think a PS2 release is pretty much guaranteed, GC? Probably.

Amir0x

Banned
Cheebs said:

They already had a lego building game for PC, although it had some rough netcode especially once you got some huge buildings in the rooms. It was free too. I built huge towers leading up into the top of the boys room. I would fly up to the top and fall and be crushed!

Cheebs

Amir0x said:
They already had a lego building game for PC, although it had some rough netcode especially once you got some huge buildings in the rooms. It was free too. I built huge towers leading up into the top of the boys room. I would fly up to the top and fall and be crushed!
Yeah, BlockLand wasn't it? Something like that on a handheld + touch screen would be a lot of fun. Doubt who owns the licence to lego(Eidos?) would do it though.

Amir0x

Banned
Cheebs said:
Yeah, BlockLand wasn't it? Something like that on a handheld + touch screen would be a lot of fun. Doubt who owns the licence to lego(Eidos?) would do it though.

nah, resolution is too low for that i think. Plus it would be kinda difficult to make the type of graphics engine that would scale well for an online game on DS. PC version wasn't exactly pushing boundaries, but it's definitely much better than an N64 game and could hold a shit ton of blocks. And a 2D version of Blockland would be terrible.

bumpkin

I hope it comes out on GameCube alongside PS2 and Xbox this time. That way I can have my complete LEGO SW Saga on the 'Cube!

Link

The Autumn Wind
I've gotta say, I played the first Lego Star Wars at my cousin's house with his kids at Christmas, and it was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. I may have to pick this up.

Which one was the best version, the GC version? I heard that the Xbox version looked a bit nicer than the PS2 release, but had several problems with bugs. The GC version was released much later, though, so hopefully it got about the same graphical treatment without as many issues?

Kulock said:
Which one was the best version, the GC version? I heard that the Xbox version looked a bit nicer than the PS2 release, but had several problems with bugs. The GC version was released much later, though, so hopefully it got about the same graphical treatment without as many issues?

All 3 were somewhat buggy. The xbox version has a slight visual edge but they all look great.

Thank you god! Thank you Eidos! Thank you Traveler's Tales! Thank you Lego! Thank you Star Wars! Thank you George Lucas! Thank you Mom and Dad! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Can't wait!

Amir0x

Banned
This is apparently coming out for Nintendo DS too, so I'm going to go ahead and assume it'll be out for PS2, GCN and PSP as well.

the first lego SW game was stupid fun, especially in co-op. When it came out, we were like, what the shit is this nonsense? and yet, it owned us all, for free.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Amir0x said:
This is apparently coming out for Nintendo DS too, so I'm going to go ahead and assume it'll be out for PS2, GCN and PSP as well.

For some odd reason, I feel like I really want the DS version.

Amir0x

Banned
DavidDayton said:
For some odd reason, I feel like I really want the DS version.

I don't, since almost every DS game that tries to ape a console counterpart is a heaping pile of dog shit. I mean if they made it 2D or something it'd be cool, but from what I hear it's not.

BEST.CROSS.LICENSE.EVER!

Star Wars (original trilogy) and Legos consumed the vast majority of my childhood so this is beyond awesome for me personally :D

Xbox version +1 Sale

ohamsie

Were there any differences between the versions on each system for the prequel Lego Star Wars? I want to get this game, I want to know which system to get it for.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Man, why can't this work on the 360? I am seriously going to have to pick up either a PS2 or a XBox soon.

ohamsie

Mr_Furious said:
No difference other than the xbox version having a slight edge over the others graphically.

Cool, that was the one I was going to get if they were the same anyways.

Top Bottom