• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Super Mario Kart announced for 2025 (lego set not lego game)

Robb

Gold Member
Neat, but I just can’t stand the design they’ve decided on for the characters. Very ugly.

Just seeing LEGO Mario fade in from the shadows in that teaser looks like something out of a horror movie.
cMTinLH.jpeg

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I would have killed for all this Nintendo LEGO about 10 years ago when I was bigger into collecting it.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
News outlets are indicating it’s an announcement for Lego sets as opposed to a game. Huge missed opportunity, though, if there’s not at least some sort of game tie-in.

No way they need that long of a lead up to create a cheap AF Lego Set. I bet 2025 is when we get the next Mario Kart game.

GametimeUK

Fucking sucks that the set looks like it will be tied in to the horrible line up they have already. Would have preferred this set to be separate and have actual mini figs.

It's unfortunate, but I may still pick it up depending on how it looks.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Fucking sucks that the set looks like it will be tied in to the horrible line up they have already. Would have preferred this set to be separate and have actual mini figs.

It's unfortunate, but I may still pick it up depending on how it looks.

Nintendo just doesn't allow mini figs so we end up with this trash. There's some great licensing where it's happened with the NES, Bowser, N64 cube etc.

But cheaper, more enjoyable sets just don't exist. These may be fun for kids I just don't know but not for adults

GametimeUK

Nintendo just doesn't allow mini figs so we end up with this trash. There's some great licensing where it's happened with the NES, Bowser, N64 cube etc.

But cheaper, more enjoyable sets just don't exist. These may be fun for kids I just don't know but not for adults
The Piranha Plant is sick too. Its such a shame because there's an awesome Sonic set I need to pick up one day, but Mario just doesn't get the same treatment.

Fingers crossed for Zelda, but even then id rather have OOT inspired sets. We'll end up getting BOTW / TOTK.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
Flashback to this banger which WILL be proven true.

I bought a sonic lego set, Haven't had time to find a table that I can use to put it together. I need my lego's in VR I think. Less likely to lose a piece.

gamer82

im not into lego sets personally abit old for them now sadly lol but wouldn't mind a lego game set in the nintendo world add some of that lego humour for a change to the formula.

Top Bottom