• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lemme Smang It Girl.....Smash It & Bang

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Jon said:
I think Tummiscratch is also in one that Facade trailer...well done to Detective-GAF, but still, the illusion has been shattered! :lol

Nah. I mean, the bottomline is that these guys are genius at what they do. They make hilarious and yet very catchy music. That won't change. I'll still laugh my ass off every time I see Humma strokin his hurrrr.

Like Donkey said: they are who they are. They don't need disguises and aliases to hide behind.

Cohsae

Seeing the Jeep live would be a life-changing experience. Pity there's about zero chance of them ever being in Australia.

AlphaSnake

Ford Prefect said:
Oh shit dudes... tha Jeep is crackin down! Them shits is private now!

Did anyone save that shit?

Ohhhh shiit. Wow. They must post on Neo-GAF or something. What the fuck? Well, I do remember their real names:

Anthony "Trini" Mongolas - Whatchymacallit
Daq Ofori - Flynt Flossy
Evan Padgett - Slick Mahoney

Never figured out who Pretty Raheem and Yung Humma (Hmmmmmmmmm) are. :)

AlphaSnake

AlphaSnake said:
Yung Humma in a Flynt Flossy produc-shizzle. Scroll to 27-seconds. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JowniuhHudU&feature=related

Flynt Flossy's real name is
Daq Ofori.

Damn, this shit was made private too! Well at least I can confirm I wasn't seeing things and recognized all of them without their disguises. :)

Edit: Holy shit. The WHOIS on the domain is now private too. I can guaran-fucking-tee these guys post or read Neo-GAF.

AlphaSnake said:
Damn, this shit was made private too! Well at least I can confirm I wasn't seeing things and recognized all of them without their disguises. :)

Edit: Holy shit. The WHOIS on the domain is now private too. I can guaran-fucking-tee these guys post or read Neo-GAF.
They read NeoGAF, but probably only after we gave them quite a few hits on their videos (since the creation of this thread). We've been mentioned on their Twitter and Facebook a few times, I wouldn't be surprised if they check out this thread every once in awhile.

Pein

Banned
Who care's if we know who they are. I'm still playing their tracks all day.

It's neat that they read GAF though. I can only hope slick Mahoney can post and drop some wisdom on me.

AlphaSnake

FromTheFuture said:
They read NeoGAF, but probably only after we gave them quite a few hits on their videos (since the creation of this thread). We've been mentioned on their Twitter and Facebook a few times, I wouldn't be surprised if they check out this thread every once in awhile.

Very good point.

What I don't understand is that these guys clearly have a ton of ambition. Whatchya and Flynt both produce and record hip-hop videos, and the quality of their work is absolutely fantastic! So why are they hiding behind this veil? They should be out there showing their work off as much as they can.

I'm happy they're opening for Big Boi, and I really hope it doesn't end there for them.

AlphaSnake

h3ro said:
Ignore list is a fantastic feature.

Oh would you quit being a baby.

Hell, discovering their real names will only help make interested people (i.e. executives, agents, talent scouts) get in touch with them easier.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
LOL I hopped on here and missed a whole page and a half then just caught up... wow Alphasnake went in...

With that being said... KTJR is still the only album I have purchased in the last 2 years... I bought the Tshirt and was complimented twice already while wearing it out in public by fellow Jeep riders that I didnt know. They have nothing to be ashamed of, and I can see if they want to block that stuff before it gets out there. I am going to get in the next video .

h3ro

AlphaSnake said:
Oh would you quit being a baby.

Hell, discovering their real names will only help make interested people (i.e. executives, agents, talent scouts) get in touch with them easier.

I have no issue with you revealing their real names. What I do have a problem with is how you handled revealing that info. You posted them, and when people didn't like that, you told them not to click links/unspoiler your post. That's fine since you're giving those that want to know the ability to see that information while those that aren't interested and have expressed to you that sentiment the option to go on without seeing it.

I have an issue with you then following that up with a nice list of all the information unspoilered and not linked to.

It's cool that you want them to get more attention and all that, fine by me, I want them to succeed and keep doing their thing. But if people asked you to refrain from leaving that information in the open, why not abide with that simple wish?

No big deal, just courtesy to others on the forum.

AlphaSnake

h3ro said:
I have no issue with you revealing their real names. What I do have a problem with is how you handled revealing that info. You posted them, and when people didn't like that, you told them not to click links/unspoiler your post. That's fine since you're giving those that want to know the ability to see that information while those that aren't interested and have expressed to you that sentiment the option to go on without seeing it.

I have an issue with you then following that up with a nice list of all the information unspoilered and not linked to.

It's cool that you want them to get more attention and all that, fine by me, I want them to succeed and keep doing their thing. But if people asked you to refrain from leaving that information in the open, why not abide with that simple wish?

No big deal, just courtesy to others on the forum.

Well, that's my screw up. I totally missed on spoiler tagging that last post - I barely slept so I'm not 100%.

h3ro

Thanks bud.

*hi-five*

Let's keep that jeep ridin' y'all! Back to playing GT5 with the best possible custom soundtrack. :D

Baha

AlphaSnake said:
Very good point.

What I don't understand is that these guys clearly have a ton of ambition. Whatchya and Flynt both produce and record hip-hop videos, and the quality of their work is absolutely fantastic! So why are they hiding behind this veil? They should be out there showing their work off as much as they can.

I'm happy they're opening for Big Boi, and I really hope it doesn't end there for them.

Why can't they continue hiding behind this veil? I mean a lot of people in the music industry do the exact same thing. Maybe it's easier to for them to breakthrough using these personas than by going by their real names. I like their music and the personalities they bring to the table so it doesn't bother me if they're not using their real names.

krae_man

To all the people saying Flynt Flossy is the one who makes the group look fake: You're all nuts.

Flossy's Facial Hair=Fake and breaks the illusion

But Whatchamacallit's Name and identical facial Hair are fine? Pretty Raheems green Mohawk and chest hair too?

They're all equally absurd and that's what makes them awesome.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I just watched a bunch of their Serious videos that they produced and their work is very good... Flynt is really good with the Production. Its weird seeing him without the facial hair and all but he does some great work... Trini too... it was funny seeing Whatchamacallit in that Bowling video with Slick at the beginning

_Alkaline_ said:
I'm dumbfounded when I show the jeep to someone...and they don't get it. Shameful stuff.

Yeah I tried to show a few friends at work...same thing. Either they think it's shitty rap/R&B or not funny fake rap/R&B :(

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
krae_man said:
To all the people saying Flynt Flossy is the one who makes the group look fake: You're all nuts.

But Whatchamacallit's Name and identical facial Hair are fine? Pretty Raheems green Mohawk and chest hair too?

Don't forget Slick's sexual predator glasses

though, that could be intentional

Chorazin

DrFunk said:
Don't forget Slick's sexual predator glasses

though, that could be intentional

Slick wears no such thing as mere glasses, they are cybernetic sex goggles made to tell when a honey is primed up for some Licky Sticky with nothing but a glace.

Shaneus

krae_man said:

But for a lot of people, Lemme Smang It was the first video they saw (look at the thread title). The video is full of subtle genius... the disinterested woman, angry Humma, sexy-dance Humma, it's all just a little "off". Then you see Flo$$y then it loses any subtlety it had. So for pretty much everyone in this thread (except maybe the OP) the first shattering of any cleverness that video had was when he came on. If he didn't have that facial hair or was wearing something less obvious, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Chorazin said:
Slick wears no such thing as mere glasses, they are cybernetic sex goggles made to tell when a honey is primed up for some Licky Sticky with nothing but a glace.

I don't what you just said kid, but it touched me. In the heart.

Shaneus said:
But for a lot of people, Lemme Smang It was the first video they saw (look at the thread title). The video is full of subtle genius... the disinterested woman, angry Humma, sexy-dance Humma, it's all just a little "off". Then you see Flo$$y then it loses any subtlety it had. So for pretty much everyone in this thread (except maybe the OP) the first shattering of any cleverness that video had was when he came on. If he didn't have that facial hair or was wearing something less obvious, it wouldn't have been a problem.
You mean Flynt Flossy isn't real?

=(

mcrae

MWS Natural said:
They definitely read GAF, one of the videos is set to private now lol

or maybe the views on the vid jumped a lot in one day, from multiple sources, so they set it to private after looking at the refering sites statistic?

why people think gaf has so much power ill never understand.

AlphaSnake

mcrae said:
or maybe the views on the vid jumped a lot in one day, from multiple sources, so they set it to private after looking at the refering sites statistic?

Because it does.

And there's no reason to make a video private after many years, unless they were trying to hide something.

mcrae said:

FromTheFuture said:

Also, you underestimate GAF's sway. At the very least, in the gaming side, many industry leaders/insiders come to GAF. I don't see why that couldn't happen to OT, or maybe a specific thread, such as this one.

AlphaSnake

FromTheFuture said:

Also, you underestimate GAF's sway. At the very least, in the gaming side, many industry leaders/insiders come to GAF. I don't see why that couldn't happen to OT, or maybe a specific thread, such as this one.

Indeed. We've had more than our fair share of celebrities or famous people visit and post on the forum.

mcrae said:

Turquoise Jeep Twitter said:
SPECIAL TJR SHOUTOUT TO NEOGAF ! WE HEAR YALL BEEN KEEPIN THE JEEP RIDIN' STRONG N WE TRULY APPRECIATE THAT, NUFFIN BUT LOVE FROM THE JEEP!
2:02 PM Dec 21st, 2010 via web
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom