• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let’s look at gaming’s most ancient, epic revenge story.

In the new article, I received a really nice comment from Mike Wikan, the Senior Game Designer for all three Metroid Prime games:

I just thought it was awesome of him. I'll keep that torch lit.

He was the last of the "design" team from the original Prime team to leave Retro :(. Cool that he acknowledged your great work though!

cilonen

I'd just like to say thanks. I've just read both parts of the Kotaku version and it's made my evening.

It's also given me the best painting of Samus I've ever seen.

ku-xlarge_zps651cda59.jpg

Courtesy of this talented deviantartist...
http://poojipoo.deviantart.com/art/Samus-Portrait-317783378

Simply amazing article and research went into this. It's epic, thanks again.

Nice bump with the MPT reasing digitally today. Never saw this thread before, awesome read.

I only read the first page but I was always under the assumption that Prime 1 did indeed take place immediately after the first game....within a day or two.

nynt9

Amazing. Read all of it. I was already aware of bits and pieces of it, but the whole story is just great.

fuck other m

now if only the incorporated that properly into the games in an exciting manner. It's an interesting story but i really dislike the storytelling methods.

bomblord1

Banned
Good job OP well written and interesting story based off of the metroid lore. The artwork is a nice touch and a good way to break apart different chunks.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Wow.

Guess I'll play some Metroid this weekend.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh thank fuck.

I half expected/dreaded some God of War love fest reading the thread title.

Blarg

Neo Member
Amazing thread. I agree with the OP's interpretation that the Chozo must have created Metroids on Phaaze. Metroid Prime/Dark Samus crashing on Tallon IV is what started everything. So the Space Pirates didn't know about Phaaze until after Dark Samus came to their homeworld.

Jofamo

Great thread. I'm a really massive fan of the entire Metroid franchise, and can't wait to see where Nintendo takes us next.

Also, I was very pleasantly surprised to see one of my own pics being used in the OP! (Metroid 2, dark cavern pic). Thanks!

Ezalc

I never even knew about this thread but wow. Metroid is one of my favorite series and this lore that I was basically ignorant of just made it even better in my eyes. Damn it Nintendo, bring this back in earnest PLEASE.

mantidor

Oh I remember this thread...

It kind of makes me even more pissed off at the existence of Other M, Damn what a disgusting way to throw out such amazing lore.

Top Bottom