• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's all gawk at gorgeous stylized/minimalist/abstract art styles

Love this thread. Tons on here I've never seen. My personal faves are
Persona
Journey
Catherine
Wolf Among Us... so Fables
Borderlands
Hitman Go
Fez
PT
Rayman

It can be explained as where the game features geometry that isn't possible in real life. Portal is the most basic example. As soon as a portal exists in the world the world becomes non-euclidean. Manifold Garden is another example, that game looks neat.

It's a description that's independent of the style of the architecture, which as you say, does appear brutalist.

Ah, then no I don't think the game has any of that.

Necropolis
NECROPOLIS-14.png

Poyunch

Always bums me out when I see a bunch of these and then I look them up and they're in Early Access. Not all of them obviously but the sting hurts.

Always bums me out when I see a bunch of these and then I look them up and they're in Early Access. Not all of them obviously but the sting hurts.
House of the Dying Sun is essentially complete, all missions and campaign content is there; EA is for bug and quality, and to add a seperate wave clearing mode

The Long Dark is already very solid, some would say the best survival game and the one that does realism best, and gets regular substantial updates

Nice thread but we need more amazing Wii U shots from Mario Kart 8, Nintendo Land, Splatoon, Captain Toad, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Zelda Windwaker HD, Star Fox Zero, Super Mario 3D World, Smash 4, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Yoshi's Woolly World, Animal Crossing Plaza, Rayman Legends and many other Indie stuff.

And these games look better in motion.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm in the mood to try out Grow Home. I have the PS+ freebie, but how is the PS4 performance after patching, is it improved? I read the PS4 version was plagued with screen tearing, is it better now?

Love this thread, many games I hadn't heard of yet. I have to look into that Devil Daggers game. Time to add more stuff to the Steam wishlist, and go crazy when the summer sale hits.

Schlomo

Pixeljunk Eden (much better in motion too)

PixelJunk_1_3_05.jpg

Btw, why do people post screenshots in quote tags? That way you can only see the pics too small or too big. When posting them normally they get adjusted to the window size.

SOR5

I still love the look of SNES Star Fox and Virtual Fighter 1. Most see it as outdated, I see it as style.

YES

Especially with Star Fox SNES, absolutely adore the look

Would love a full game done again purely in that style and soundfont, maybe use SF64 gameplay

Pixeljunk Eden (much better in motion too)

http://pixeljunk.jp/contents/1-3-0/images/PixelJunk_1_3_05.jpg[IMG]

[B][U]Btw, why do people post screenshots in quote tags? That way you can only see the pics too small or too big. When posting them normally they get adjusted to the window size[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]

Since when?? They used to just make posts crazy big and fuck up threads.

Edit: Holy crap, it's true.

kungfuian

One of the best things about modern gaming IMO is that the gap between concept art and in game execution is so much closer than ever before. Artists just have much greater influence over the final products (less lost in translation) and as a result all these unique and amazing art styles can actually be realized more fully!

One of the best things about modern gaming IMO is that the gap between concept art and in game execution is so much closer than ever before. Artists just have much greater influence over the final products (less lost in translation) and as a result all these unique and amazing art styles can actually be realized more fully!
Yup. Like Transmission, which is a direct example of the dev doing a "concept art in motion" style

Top Bottom