• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get flags back for the World Cup - WorldCupify your avatar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I think this would be cool, wasn't here last time. I obviously support the United States of Awesome.

Ian

I'll be down for an England flag. Really looking forward to watching all three of their games.

Laieon

I think the Sweetwater All-Stars have it in the bag, the only real threat they have is the Stonewall Stormers, although the past few Puddlemere United games have been pretty impressive as well.

Overall, should be a good tournament.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Lets do it, USA!

GCq2y5S.jpg

obin_gam

Fuck it, I'm going with Australia! Even though their in the same group as fucking Spain and Holland... rooting for underdogs are fun :)

Randdalf

Is there even a point putting an England flag on? We'll just Hodge it to the 2nd round then go out on penalties.

Is there even a point putting an England flag on? We'll just Hodge it to the 2nd round then go out on penalties.

Can't wait

England 0-1 Italy
England 0-0 Uruguay
England 1-0 Costa Rica

England 1-0 Spain

England 1-0 Brazil

England 1-0 Argentina

England 0-0 Germany (Germany win 1-0 on penalties)

Arise, Sir Royston.

roy-hodgson.jpg

iFootball

I don't think we'll get Flags this time around so, I've started by changing my Avatar =D

From this
nLf3VH6.png

<-- To that

... I have no other option than to support my own country of origin... while we have one of the weakest WC teams in a long time, I must show support while they last... after that, it's Spain all the way lol

I don't think we'll get Flags this time around so, I've started by changing my Avatar =D

From this
nLf3VH6.png

<-- To that

... I have no other option than to support my own country of origin... while we have one of the weakest WC teams in a long time, I must show support while they last... after that, it's Spain all the way lol

Could you make me one with the Bradil flag?

Askani

The problem last time was that Wes was having to do it manually for everyone.

There has to be a way to parse the thread and do it automatically by now, right? Like people reply with a very specific string that has their username and country, and the flag gets added automatically?

Then just set them to expire like a month after the World Cup.

The problem last time was that Wes was having to do it manually for everyone.

There has to be a way to parse the thread and do it automatically by now, right? Like people reply with a very specific string that has their username and country, and the flag gets added automatically?

Then just set them to expire like a month after the World Cup.

we have enough smart tech savvy people that can figure something out right? They do it for GOTY thread right?

Wes

venison crêpe
i never even got mine last time.

Then you probably didn't follow the rules I laid out correctly! It was supposed to be a fun thing but more people complained than seemed to enjoy it.

Myself and particularly WasabiKing spent a heck of a long time doing it. I haven't spoken to the admins about it but it's unlikely to happen this year. I would think it is all just too much of a kerfuffle.

What I had in mind as an alternative is exactly what iFootball has done above by "WorldCupifying" your avatar by adding your chosen flag to the top right corner.

Juz

Would be cool.

I'll probably root for Germany in this WC because of Özil, Merte & Poldi. And also cause Finland didn't qualify yet again :(

Chuckie

Then you probably didn't follow the rules I laid out correctly!

It seems I am having this discussion with you every year ;)

I followed the rules. You guys did 'batches' and after a while stopped.
Not everybody who did exactly as asked got their flags. That is ok, it was way too much work for you guys, but it isn't true that if you didn't get the flag, you didn't follow the rules you laid out.

Herr K

Banned
Vamos Honduras
Vamos España
Forza Italia

/pulga

Edit: I guess I'll support Italy. Mostly because of De Sciglio <3

Niks

What I had in mind as an alternative is exactly what iFootball has done above by "WorldCupifying" your avatar by adding your chosen flag to the top right corner.

Yeah I guess that could work too. Just make the flags a standard size for everyone.

Then you probably didn't follow the rules I laid out correctly! It was supposed to be a fun thing but more people complained than seemed to enjoy it.

Myself and particularly WasabiKing spent a heck of a long time doing it. I haven't spoken to the admins about it but it's unlikely to happen this year. I would think it is all just too much of a kerfuffle.

No way that certain trusted members of footy-gaf can be given permission to do it as well, so there'd be 10 people spending 3 hours each doing it rather than 2 people spending 15 hours (those numbers were pulled out of my bunghole)?

Wes

venison crêpe
It seems I am having this discussion with you every year ;)

I followed the rules. You guys did 'batches' and after a while stopped.
Not everybody who did exactly as asked got their flags. That is ok, it was way too much work for you guys, but it isn't true that if you didn't get the flag, you didn't follow the rules you laid out.

Haha yes we do. Probably some fell through the gaps, apologies for that, but there were (doing a quick rough count) over 700 requests in 9000 posts that I had to manually check and even more laboursome WasabiKing then had to add to each profile.. It was a task and a half.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
World Cup > EURO

Come on mods!

World Cup is also when even non football fans take a bit more interest.

Usually I'm a Sweden supporter but I guess I'll have to go with my other half and support England if I'm going nationalistic. However I know they'll lose so I don't really want to support them.

Wes

venison crêpe
Yeah I guess that could work too. Just make the flags a standard size for everyone.

I have already collected the same flags we used last time (along with those of the nations who qualified this time) for inclusion in the World Cup OT. We're a couple of weeks out from that being posted yet.

No way that certain trusted members of footy-gaf can be given permission to do it as well, so there'd be 10 people spending 3 hours each doing it rather than 2 people spending 15 hours (those numbers were pulled out of my bunghole)?

Members of football gaf given ability to alter tags?

ETBKq0n.gif

England flag will look terrible as an avatar on the light theme :(

Wes, stop being lazy. And apologise for losing yesterday.

edit: Are you telling me you wouldn't trust Wooden, Wilbur and pulga to wield that power responibly? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom