• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters
crap, what to decide.

was only going to do one console this November and the other in 2021 but I want both now. maybe just try to get a pre-order and sit on it.

when does pre orders start in the us I live in Texas and I think they said 8am pt so it should be 10 am my time right I want to get one on amazon

chonga

The S is still available because:

1. It's primarily aimed at casuals, not the kind of person who's on the internet at 8am to pre-order a console.
2. Its price suggests it's for people who want to game on a budget which means it's not a target for scalpers.
3. Microsoft grossly over-estimated demand and made comparatively too few Series X.

Though if the ratios given by some US stores is similar in Europe then oh boy no one wants that thing...

Why do people like you feel the need to do this shit man you come into a pre order thread about a console you don’t want to preorder to talk about the console you’ve already preordered to be negative 😂 it’s an Xbox pre order thread.
Because they are jealous that their desired piece of plastic is inferior to the consoles that this thread is about. Console Wars 101

Last edited:
Depends of the country.

In mine they are still available after 6.5 hours of pre-orders being open.

So maybe check different countries if you really want to get it

Can't believe the XSS is still available from Amazon, Argos and ShopTo and is yet to go up on John Lewis especially with the ultra low allocations.

Doesn't surprise me at all. The vast majority of gamers are casual and I bet most won't even know the date and time they can pre-order a console or have interest in that matter. lol

Come Christmas or whenever they're ready to buy them and they will.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Because they are jealous that their desired piece of plastic is inferior to the consoles that this thread is about. Console Wars 101
Yes because what you said isn't console warring nonsense. Come on. A more powerful console isn't the be-all end all-determining factor of its quality. That's middle school thinking.

Why do you think? Some people don't want to deal with bots scalping everything. In store you're more likely to get a pre-order without too much difficulty, assuming there aren't 100s ahead of you.

I would never leave the comfort of my house to wait outside with the "hope" of pre-ordering something. But to each his own.....

You don't even know how many orders the store will even take "in-store".

But I could be wrong, we will know for sure at 11:00am est .... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Make sure you double check. All gamestop locations by me are opening at 11am EST. Microsoft confirmed that's when they go live with the pre-orders for these stores. Mine usually opens at noon as well.

Good call. I checked their website but it still said noon. Did you call them or something?

I have the Microsoft Store, Best Buy and Gamestop websites open. I'm like a hawk zeroing in on his prey. I really want to get the All Access plan, I can pay it off before the 18 months with no interest and get Game Pass Ultimate for a long while. 1 hour and 15 minutes to go!!!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I have the Microsoft Store, Best Buy and Gamestop websites open. I'm like a hawk zeroing in on his prey. I really want to get the All Access plan, I can pay it off before the 18 months with no interest and get Game Pass Ultimate for a long while. 1 hour and 15 minutes to go!!!
Question. Is the all-access plan any cheaper than just buying the console outright and the gamepass ultimate on top of it?

Rikkori

People don't understand how few of these items are going to be available compared to the demand, same story as GPUs. These won't really be available in mass quantities until well into the next year.

Don't get too stressed about getting one for launch day, there's little chance.

Madflavor

Why do people like you feel the need to do this shit man you come into a pre order thread about a console you don’t want to preorder to talk about the console you’ve already preordered to be negative 😂 it’s an Xbox pre order thread.

Yes. But why you are in this thread?

Cause I wanted to know if it's worth preordering an Xbox Series X if I have a good PC. Maybe there's features with the console that'll make the investment worth it?

Bartski

Gold Member
not sure about other countries but MediaMarkt.pl has preorder still up and it even shows sales numbers:

XsX+AC:V bundle: 5013

XsX : 4774

XsS : 416 (wtf???)

EDIT:
can't check PS5 as it's all sold out to compare but really, Series S only 1 in 20 units???

Last edited:
Question. Is the all-access plan any cheaper than just buying the console outright and the gamepass ultimate on top of it?
Honestly I'm not sure. Hopefully someone can answer that question. The allure for me is that I can pay little by little without having to drop the full $449 plus taxes at once. Also I have really good credit, so I always pay a bit more than the minimum, finish up paying ahead of time and that helps increase your credit. Win win.

saintjules

Some stores are showing the number of pre-orders. Not to say it's a waste of time but definitely take a look before going on a line.

This isn't my image. The one at my store says 8 X and 2 S. Number could change when they open.

k9oqAsz.jpg

Edit :

My image
noaOSmk.jpg

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

Doesn't surprise me at all. The vast majority of gamers are casual and I bet most won't even know the date and time they can pre-order a console or have interest in that matter. lol

Come Christmas or whenever they're ready to buy them and they will.

I'm not sure that covers it to be honest. The numbers available seem to be 20-25% of the already low numbers of XSX. It is still available in many places right now after 6 hours.

Also a lot of XSX peeps claimed they would pick a XSS up for the bedrooms or for the kids so a lot of the small amount of XSS available should have gone right there.

saintjules saintjules What City is that from in the I guess the US?

Last edited:
I'm also wondering... How does the trade in work? I'm planning to trade in my Xbox 1 S and I also have my 360 laying around. With almost full BC I won't need those consoles. I could always go to Gamestop down the line and trade them in for games or accessories.

wolffy71

Banned
I dont see anyone other than an enthusiast lining up early to buy a console. I dont see an enthusiast buying the series s. The S will sell but its gonna be to budget conscience casuals mostly. Or maybe casuals is insulting for some, but people who have to be more careful with spending.

Last edited:
Uk be quick

NullZ3r0

Banned
Eastern time is about a bitch...

Now my anxiety is high. I'm going to do a SX with XAA. Hopefully its bot proof.

Last edited:

frogger

Wtf, I went to GameStop one hour early, and found out people camped outside overnight. Doesn't look I am getting one this way.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Just did a drive by at my local gamestop -- there were at least 10-15 people in chairs out there. Looks like I'm relying on online, and I guess I'll just try and sell my One X on facebook or something.

Top Bottom