• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

.hacked

I would be in for a X today but with recent developments think I’ll just save the cash I was going to spend on the ps5 and the new Xbox and just upgrade my laptop when the 3000 series models hit this summer.

PC gamepass FTW

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
X6ghqiW.png

rqEhyQ6.png

sK1k3qZ.jpg

Series S is doing well on Shopto. It shows you how many people are currently buying it in a live view. It's just as high as Series X was before it sold out.

It's a shame that we don't know how many units were available for each console. We can't really do any interesting comparisons unless we know that.

The_Verecocha

Neo Member
Here in Sweden after almost 5 hours after preorder opened on Swedens biggest electronic shop Elgiganten there is still Series X open for preorder.

At same shop PS5 was sold out in minutes.

That’s awesome mate, how many of each were available so we’ve got a proper comparison?
Thanks for this.

Here in Sweden after almost 5 hours after preorder opened on Swedens biggest electronic shop Elgiganten there is still Series X open for preorder.

At same shop PS5 was sold out in minutes.
The same here. Or it is not selling well or Sony really fucked up with the preorders

chonga

Series S is doing well on Shopto. It shows you how many people are currently buying it in a live view. It's just as high as Series X was before it sold out.

It's a shame that we don't know how many units were available for each console. We can't really do any interesting comparisons unless we know that.
But when they were both available it was heavily skewed toward SX. So it is probably more people going well dang I want *a* console I'll have to get the SS.

The same happened with the PS5, much more people wanted the physical edition according to their figures but when the physical sold out the numbers went up heavily on the digital edition.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

replicant-

Got my pre-order in right on 8 for the X and then 5 mins later for the S.

Went via MS UK official store and it was pretty robust. No time outs. Glad that is over. Thankful I secured both a PS5 and XSX.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
GAME website is down :messenger_unamused:

Not even the PS5 crashed their website. Checkmate, Sony :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Luckily they said in their tweet that pre-orders will be available when the site goes back up
They must have had big error for it still to be down, not sure it's 100% traffic related.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Yikes! Worried there’s no stock sign, but glad to be first. I ain’t moving to another store. Hoping for best. Thanks for the input.
I misunderstood the first time. That’s strange there’s a sign like that. Does it say no stock for Xbox? I called yesterday and the wouldn’t disclose the amount, but he said limited and get here early.

Damn. Good luck.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

Something like this
1kevIeW.png

I find it amusing they had that many hours after it sold out
I don't think I saw Xbox Series X or S go over 500 when they was both available 😳

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

HUELEN10

I misunderstood the first time. That’s strange there’s a sign like that. Does it say no stock for Xbox? I called yesterday and the wouldn’t disclose the amount, but he said limited and get here early.

Damn. Good luck.
No, I meant there is no sign stating how many they have as some other stores I’ve seen on Twitter.

Roufianos

The S is still available because:

1. It's primarily aimed at casuals, not the kind of person who's on the internet at 8am to pre-order a console.
2. Its price suggests it's for people who want to game on a budget which means it's not a target for scalpers.

Last edited:

Vasto

Looking foward to preordering a new Series X or Series S? This video has some good info on how to increase your chances and making the process as quick as possible.

Last edited:

IDappa

Here's the only tip you'll need. If it's anything like the Aus launch..

1.Don't bother

There you go easy PZ...

For real though it's going to be a struggle. I only got one at the end of the day and that's later 2020 stock.. Good luck though

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I don't know. After the last few console launches and the PS5 disaster, I trust MS directly more than Amazon.
Understandable. I got that email on amazon. My hope is they are just covering their asses and I'll get mine on launch day. Not a huge loss if I don't.

saintjules

I'm gonna try. My local one doesn't open until noon, gonna head there at 11 after (hopefully) securing a backup option on Amazon / Best Buy

Make sure you double check. All gamestop locations by me are opening at 11am EST. Microsoft confirmed that's when they go live with the pre-orders for these stores. Mine usually opens at noon as well.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
The S is still available because:

1. It's primarily aimed at casuals, not the kind of person who's on the internet at 8am to pre-order a console.
2. Its price suggests it's for people who want to game on a budget which means it's not a target for scalpers.
we will see in the long run, maybe jimbo was right and people dont take to 2 skus of a console especially when it is weaker than its counterpart.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I managed to scalp an X. Here's hoping my extra PS5 and Xbox series X pay for my own PS5 :D

Go to Era with these childish antics. The post is meant to stir up crap. Scalping isn't illegal but trying to set people off is lame. Someone should get this guy out of here.

Top Bottom