• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

Madevil

MS doesn’t care as long as you are in their ecosystem and since you using your PC, you are in their ecosystem.
This is the beauty of it, MS allows you the choice to play wherever you want, as long as you are in their ecosystem.
What? I was just referring to trying to pre-order a new console. I know they do operating systems for pc and consoles, but not everyone wants to play on pc.

Njocky

Banned
Managed to get a Series X from Amazon UK just 10 mns ago (didn't expect it, so try if you still haven't got one) and I was in the queue at GAME at 8 am this morning. Bringing my total to 2 series X.
Can pre-orders be transferred? I wouldn't mind swapping one of my Series X pre-orders for a PS5 one.

Matt_Fox

From a UK perspective both PS5 and XSX have sold like hot cakes, and the preorder stock of both vanished within minutes.

This doesn't really tell us anything as we don't know how many units of each console were available (it does prove console warriors wrong who were dismissive and said one console or the other would be readily available).

For US buyers across the pond, I will say be quick and ready on the dot if you want to bag an XSX when your pre orders go live.

ThirdC

zt6K6lr.jpg

Danny 117

I think that the people logging on to preorder this morning aren't the kind that will go for Series S. That will be the impulse holiday purchase Moms buy for their kid / people buy as their second console.

I wouldn't worry about Series S not selling out at this point.

Last edited:

IDappa

What do you do I guess, I've beeb fucked around all day by these shitty websites, can't believe I couldn't just go down to the store and pre order, they should of allocated stock for walk in pre orders and whatever wasn't pre ordered on day made available online. Today was a shit show

What do you do I guess, I've beeb fucked around all day by these shitty websites, can't believe I couldn't just go down to the store and pre order, they should of allocated stock for walk in pre orders and whatever wasn't pre ordered on day made available online. Today was a shit show

Apprently Amazon went up an hour ago of which I'm assuming we're launch units

Last edited:

draliko

Got 2 preordered, amazon and ma store, I'll keep to first that will get home and sell the other. Feels strange to me, it's the first time in my life I've preordered both the console (luckily got a bit of disposable income and will probably not play anymore on pc)

Dr.D00p

Show me a same spec PC for £449
I'll wait.

It will be a long wait then because its not Possible, but that wasn't really my point.

All I was trying to say was that there was a time when Microsoft's consoles & their games, gave you reason to want own both a PC and a console, and for people such as myself their strategy of late seems to have completely stripped away that desire.

Miutojo

Neo Member
I think that the people logging on to preorder this morning aren't the kind that will go for Series S. That will be the impulse holiday purchase Moms buy for their kid / people buy as their second console.

I wouldn't worry about Series S not selling out at this point.

Yeah, the Series S is for the casual gamer who might get caught up in the hype for a game and decided to upgrade/buy on a whim. The dedicated gamer will probably go for the X.

I would be shocked if the XSS isn't the more popular console when all is said and done.

Last edited:

Mmnow

It will be a long wait then because its not Possible, but that wasn't really my point.

All I was trying to say was that there was a time when Microsoft's consoles & their games, gave you reason to want own both a PC and a console, and for people such as myself their strategy of late seems to have completely stripped away that desire.
Is that a bad thing? I keep seeing this argument, but... Microsoft saved you money. You can either upgrade your PC and not bother with the SX, or if the SX is better than your PC you have a cheap new upgrade option.

I still do.
Because all games come to both platforms and Game Pass is on both platforms.
I can play on Console or Pc

Whatever I feel like that moment and for that game.

Same here for the PS5, it took me going to an actual store and Website have still not figured this out

Maybe first batch is small, some retailers here have said that they get them on early 2021 because first batch were too small to get any

And on biggest electronic retailer here 3-4hours after they started to sell preorders today = both x&s are still available.

PS5 sold out in less than a minute.

So xbox isnt clearly selling out here as fast as ps5 even with small batches

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Just went and put down €250 on an XsX. Will sell my x for 150, then pick up the console and an expansion drive day one.

I don’t need to buy anything else. GP subscriber already, and 1.1 Gbps fiber means that I will be able to download a game whilst having some breakfast on launch day

THE:MILKMAN

I can't believe the allocations are so tiny. Even PS5's were ridiculous but 2-12 units per shop even for the likes of GAME is poor from Microsoft. They have been supposedly making these consoles since June so they say (far longer than previous consoles) yet they have like 20-30K S and maybe 100K X for the UK?

I guess I'm even more shocked I could just amble onto Argos and add a XSS to my basket!

Dr.Morris79

Which is a fair point. Most games now days are like for like so I personally end up playing them on either console, strictly PC games mostly still play pretty damn good on my 970GTX

So from my point of view there is zero reason to buy £1200 graphics cards. It'd be nice but as you say the days of building a top notch PC are dying, sadly. I loved all that.

Gaming just seems to have become one big faceless mess.

SCB3

I just chatted to Smyths and they said you can't even pre-order via All Access in store due to a website issue. What a clusterf**k .

They were not prepared at all, the good news with that, is keep an eye on the Website as it'll free some consoles up later when less people are looking

Top Bottom