• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

Chittagong

Gold Member
Mkl1ypq.jpg

original.gif

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I'll be at mine 2+ hours early lol
I'm thinking of getting there at 4:20am with a loaded vape pen, coffee, and 3-4 apple turnovers. I'm not sure if I should be worried about getting an Xbox here. Nintendo fans are freaks, there were like 50 of us lined up outside the store overnight to get a Switch at release.

DavidGzz

I'm thinking of getting there at 4:20am with a loaded vape pen, coffee, and 3-4 apple turnovers. I'm not sure if I should be worried about getting an Xbox here. Nintendo fans are freaks, there were like 50 of us lined up outside the store overnight to get a Switch at release.

Wow, I may be too late if people are lining up that early. I live in a rural area so hopefully I am one of the first. I get off of work at 7am and I'm in central time so I can feasibly be there almost 3 hours early. Gamestop opens at 10am here for pre-orders. Maybe I'll go straight there.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Wow, I may be too late if people are lining up that early. I live in a rural area so hopefully I am one of the first. I get off of work at 7am and I'm in central time so I can feasibly be there almost 3 hours early. Gamestop opens at 10am here for pre-orders. Maybe I'll go straight there.
I wouldn't worry too much, in the case of the Switch it was the console release and BoTW launched with it. However, I'm expecting some pathetically low amount of stock at GameStop. Like 6 of each, or even less. If I get there that early I'll probably end up all alone and the only one who cared. At worst I got high and ate donuts outside the store for a few hours. Like the homeless guys in front of the liquor store.

Last edited:

Esppiral

Honest question to those that usually pre order, should we expect to receive the console on launch day? Or it takes longer? Amazon.es says I'll receive my item between 18-19 of November... I just cancelled it....

DavidGzz

I wouldn't worry too much, in the case of the Switch it was the console release and BoTW launched with it. However, I'm expecting some pathetically low amount of stock at GameStop. Like 6 of each, or even less. If I get there that early I'll probably end up all alone and the only one who cared. At worst I got high and ate donuts outside the store for a few hours. Like the homeless guys in front of the liquor store.

Yeah, I'm not worried if I'm alone, I have nothing else to do between getting off of work and getting in line and I just got a new Note 20 I can play with while waiting, I guess I could hit the Planet Fitness nearby but I can't risk it. My luck I'd come back at 8 and there will be a line.

Dr.Morris79

Right. I've got two series X pre ordered. I dont need my Amazon one as i've bagged one from where I wanted

Is there anyway to transfer it to someone who wanted one? Maybe someone here wants it?

No idea. Will cancel it later regardless.

NeonDelta

Honest question to those that usually pre order, should we expect to receive the console on launch day? Or it takes longer? Amazon.es says I'll receive my item between 18-19 of November... I just cancelled it....
I got my ps4 on launch day from amazon uk

Raphael

I ordered from media markt where it required just a 25€ downpayment. I ordered but it forces me to pay the whole thing. I dont want to do it cause i have vouchers. Their CS is crap, waiting now for them to correct it. Hopefully they dont cancel.

It was a bundle with valhalla, where the game was for 30€! Very nice.

Madevil

Haven't read the rest of the thread, but just looked at EB games Aus hours after the 3pm second round went to shit and just secured one for a December pick-up.

Reactions: TLZ

INC

Gonna be real interesting to see the pre order ratio (availble/sold) compared to ps5

I would of thought ps5 would be ahead, but with gamepass and now the buy out yesterday, who knows

Certainly been a rollercoaster so far and this gen hasn't technically even started

Last edited:

turtlepowa

Banned
Gonna be real interesting to see the pre order ratio (availble/sold) compared to ps5

I would of thought ps5 would be ahead, but with gamepass and now the buy out yesterday, who knows

Certainly been a rollercoaster so far and this gen hasn't technically even started
PS5 will be clearly ahead for 2 reasons:
- Xbox = PC Ports and xCloud
- PS = Very big fan(boy)base

Dr.D00p

I just don't get the buzz about this console, I really don't.

As a Pc Gamer first and foremost, but who has no objection to dabbling in consoles, I cannot find a single reason to justify investing in Microsoft's consoles any more, what is the actual point?

As a Pc Gamer first and foremost, but who has no objection to dabbling in consoles, I cannot find a single reason to justify investing in Microsoft's consoles any more, what is the actual point?
If you have a good gaming PC, none. Not everyone has, hence the interest.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

The SS is also still available on Amazon.de too.

Hmmm, I wonder if my PS5 preorder will be canceled or if MS put a restriction on Xbox shipping cause I can't check out on Amazon.de either.

Also, I ordered my PS5 hours later and still got it so I guess no one wants one of those either. I was asleep when they started taking orders.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Try looking from a different perspective perhaps?

SCB3

I'll post this from another post:

Let’s see...off the top of my head, from worst case to best case:
  • PSU problem
  • RAM problem
  • PCI-E bandwidth issue
  • Driver problems that Nvidia will have to sort out later on
  • Nvidia profile issue
  • Game setting issue (system config or similar file)

And people wonder why most games prefer consoles

Compare that to if an issue happens to a console, a hard reset will usually fix it and you see why most people prefer something that "Just Works"

Flintty

I have a decent gaming PC but my time is split between that and console. I’m day one for the SXS because I like new things!

Looking forward to not being able to make a cup of tea whilst I wait for GTA to load.

LostDonkey

Very had their up for about 20 minutes which is quite a long time considering other retailers, you just need to be more on the ball!
Yeah right, I've been on both Game and Smyths all access sign up pages since 7 AM. I couldn't have been any more on the ball.

IDappa

Different strokes I guess, I have a gaming PC also but still bought a xbox. I find that I prefer to play singleplayer games on the couch I also find PC gaming very isolating as I game in the office with headphones on where as Xbox is in the living room, I realise I can game in the living room with my PC but I'd rather just have a dedicated box under the tv. Just ease of use I suppose, plus I find it hard to game on a PC with kids running around.. everybody games differently, just because you can't find a reason to own one doesn't mean the next person can't.

Dibils2k

well if you are a PC Gamer then its only logical you feel that way, but thats what MS has done on purpose... they dont want/need you to buy an Xbox, so just be thankful

Dunnas

Haven't read the rest of the thread, but just looked at EB games Aus hours after the 3pm second round went to shit and just secured one for a December pick-up.
Same. Couldn’t be fucked dealing with things earlier, but just thought I’d have a look on the website 10 minutes ago and saw they were available still, so grabbed one.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
In all likelihood, the people who will mostly buy the XSS aren't even aware it exists yet. The hardcore Xbox base will go for the XSX as shown by the poll.

People like me will get the XSS Nov. 10th and start showing it off. By Black Friday and Cyber Monday the casuals like granny and mom will be all over it for Christmas presents.

Orky

Banned

MS doesn’t care as long as you are in their ecosystem and since you using your PC, you are in their ecosystem.
This is the beauty of it, MS allows you the choice to play wherever you want, as long as you are in their ecosystem.

Madevil

I get what you're saying, but you have to realise that a lot of people couldn't be arsed fucking about with PC building. That's where I am now from about a decade of PC gaming. And if you work on computers (even if it isn't the main focus) and don't like gaming at a desk it's more appealing.

Top Bottom