• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

Freeman76

Cant get one in the UK, hopefully have more luck when shopto or simplygames go live with theirs, otherwise could be a few weeks wait after release I guess, demand for these is mental

Dokku

I wasn't even trying to preorder but accidentally stumbled upon it across smile.amazon.co.uk

Got it one minute after preorders opened.

Managed to snag a X on amazon uk, took a few attempts. not easy to find on their website

*** Came with a 40% off 3 month Gamepass Ultimate too which is a bonus ***

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Mmnow

Got it on Amazon - eventually. Smyths crashed and then appeared to sell out, so congratulations to anybody who managed there. Game is still telling me to register my interest, but it was also going to take an hour for me to login according to their queueing system.

I didn't expect for it to be this hard to get a Series X, but I'm kinda glad it was.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Secured the bag

607b2037931fec6902256532ab33d193.gif

Freeman76

Blimey, looks like its sold out on Amazon UK already. That was about a six min window...
Amazon are a nightmare for this sort of thing anyway, they cancel preorders, dont ship on time etc, I would never use them for something you want on release day

Orta

Banned
Logged into my gamestop account, was able to preorder a series s & x without any hassle. Didn't buy them, just wanted to see if they were readily available.

Data Ghost

MS store totally failed for me at add to cart. Managed to get one at Amazon, and Simply Games. I got the Simply Games one first and could only see bundles so I ordered the cheapest one even though I didn't want the other stuff. Once amazon is locked in I may cancel the Simply Games bundle.

Cant get one in the UK, hopefully have more luck when shopto or simplygames go live with theirs, otherwise could be a few weeks wait after release I guess, demand for these is mental
Amazon uk have some back in, staggering it like ps5 i think. Also Microsoft store have some.

**Edit just read you wont use Amazon :)

**EDIT 2 Amazon have sold out again

Last edited:

pasterpl

Got myself series x and series s (for a gift) from Microsoft store in the UK. Amazon, game, shop.to and curry’s all crashing on me

Reactions: TLZ

Valt7786

got mine from amazon, nice n simple. simplygames ran out of stock before i could even put my card details in. Mental, didnt think demand would be this high for them. kinda glad though, they were only offering bundles including fifa or AC Valhalla with extra controllers n shit.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Have a friend who got a series X through Argos, 15 mins after it went live, he said they charge full straight away though.
Argos are just all round fucking terrible with the shit they get up to. No idea how they're still traiding personally.

dalekjay

Just got on FNAC

But got sold out on Worten in a second, on fnac store for some reason the preorder was buried, went there and went smoothly, other stores where sold out same minute as it was available? Must be bug or too many people at same time

Last edited:

Freeman76

got mine from amazon, nice n simple. simplygames ran out of stock before i could even put my card details in. Mental, didnt think demand would be this high for them. kinda glad though, they were only offering bundles including fifa or AC Valhalla with extra controllers n shit.
simplygames never changed from register interest for me and i have been refreshing since 8am

Argos are just all round fucking terrible with the shit they get up to. No idea how they're still traiding personally.

I've heard horror stories, haven't experienced them with Argos personally but Currys are just awful and have stolen money from me before.

Charging straight away would put me off Argos anyway.

Spaceman292

Banned
Preorder starts tomorrow... getting two Xbox Series X at launch for wife and i. Was going to get two Series S for the kids but talked to them and thought about it and decided to just get two more Series X since one will be in the living room anyway. It'll be more expensive but i also want to be able to continue to use game discs for the kids and movie discs for the living room.
Can't you just all share one?

LostDonkey

Absolutely nothing available on Smyths, I'm in the queue for Game. Really don't want to get my console from them though.

Ugh

pasterpl

by the way, I have noticed that xbox series s is sold by some retailers for £299 while on ms official website I have got one for £249

Top Bottom