• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk about "creepshots"

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelseph

I never denied that. I said it's stupid to assume you know what that motivation is.

And that is where we disagree. I believe motivation can be deduced.

1cover.jpg

OTIX

Girls
or guys
wearing sexy clothes in public is something i fully endorse. I cannot for the life of me understand how supposedly straight men can suggest that women should wear less sexy clothes in order to feel more safe from creepershots or harassment. That's so backwards. The creeps making girls feel uncomfortable are ruining shit for everyone else.

Some of the pictures are really hot though.

Is there proof that the snorkeling picture is creepy? Couldn't that one just be someone taking a picture of his friend who is snorkeling? Maybe I'm crazy on that one.

I'm also dubious of the gym one, but yeah...

The rest are definitely creepy though.

Here's the thing, some people could wear a Muumuu or loose fit clothing in order to try to distant themselves from attention but creeps will be creeps. You don't really help anything by policing what victims do, you only shame them for their choices when it doesn't really matter because of the intentions of those who would creep or harass.

I've said that in nearly every single one of my posts.

I'm just saying if you don't want people seeing your thong, pass up on the leggings. That's what I'm getting at.

It won't guaranteeing anyone from not getting creeped on, but it'll prevent people from starring at your ass, because walking around with your underwear visible really isn't the "normal" thing.

I've said that in nearly every single one of my posts.

I'm just saying if you don't want people seeing your thong, pass up on the leggings. That's what I'm getting at.

It won't guaranteeing anyone from not getting creeped on, but it'll prevent people from starring at your ass, because walking around with your underwear visible really isn't the "normal" thing.

Some people have an ass you can spot regardless of their clothing choice, should they get surgery so people don't leer?

Sex

Banned
I usually don't have much to post if anything but as a woman, I know better than to wear anything suggestive if I'm not ready to be looked at. People taking the photos are creeps. Yes. This kind of voyeurism crosses a personal line for me but everyone has their own limits. It's not shaming to suggest I probably shouldn't leave a boob lying around. I wish other vocal women in this thread that are making blanket statements about women would stop speaking for me as everyone is different, everyone has their own lines, and your mileage will vary.

And yeah. It's not all about whether or not the dude taking the picture is attractive or not - that will make you ugly real quick - but a lot of women, a lot of them have that double standard so it isn't unreasonable to bring it up. Let's just be realistic here. I realize the irony with a username like mine.

No, that's impractical. Have you read ANYTHING I've posted, or do you just like slinging shit until something sticks?

How am I slinging shit, you've said don't wear stuff that brings attention to your ass. I'm asking you what people with obvious ass should do and now you're getting defensive because you don't have an answer.

Snakeyes

Some people have an ass you can spot regardless of their clothing choice, should they get surgery so people don't leer?

Come on, I don't even agree with Phosphor but that's a pretty stupid example. Clothing is something you can easily choose yourself while your general body shape is not.

OTIX

The thread is not about "looking". If a girl has her thong on display then she obviously doesn't mind people seeing it. The thread is about taking creepy pictures and posting them on the internet. Telling women to wear less sexy clothes to avoid that is some serious bullshit.

How am I slinging shit, you've said don't wear stuff that brings attention to your ass. I'm asking you what people with obvious ass should do and now you're getting defensive because you don't have an answer.

Look, I have an ass that girls like to look at. I'm a married man, so you know what I wear clothes that are a little more loose. If I get a comment? I get a comment. I'm not going to chop my ass off.

You're the one constantly bringing hyperbole. I'm only saying if you don't like attention to your ass then try not to wear something that would accentuation it, WITHIN REASON. And what's "reasonable" is up to that person.

The thread is not about "looking". If a girl has her thong on display then she obviously doesn't mind people seeing it. The thread is about taking creepy pictures and posting them on the internet. Telling women to wear less sexy clothes to avoid that is some serious bullshit.

For the love of God.

Creeps will be creeps. I've said this time and time again. If you want to chime in mid argument, get your facts straight first.

Come on, I don't even agree with Phosphor but that's a pretty stupid example. Clothing is something you can easily choose yourself while your general body shape is not.

Uh yes that happens to be my point. If someone has a curvy body that a garbage bag can't hide, what do you say to them when creepers creep? You don't need to shame people for looking a certain way, you need to admonish the creeps for generally shitty behavior.

Look, I have an ass that girls like to look at. I'm a married man, so you know what I wear clothes that are a little more loose. If I get a comment? I get a comment. I'm not going to chop my ass off.

You're the one constantly bringing hyperbole. I'm only saying if you don't like attention to your ass then try not to wear something that would accentuation it, WITHIN REASON. And what's "reasonable" is up to that person.

No, reasonable is up to you, you've made this clear about what clothing you deem unacceptable if worn by people who don't want attention.

That's kinda Devo's point. If people stare at your ass even in "modest" clothing...then what?

depths20XX

What about the people who end up on that mullet site? Should they be forced to cut their mullet to avoid having their pic taken?

Who is shaming the women though?

It's not shaming a woman to discuss the reality of what is likely to occur in situation A vs. situation B.

And you can shame a creep while still having that conversation.

Bottom line is though? It is hard for a lot of people to fathom why you'd care that people find you sexually attractive enough to be a little creepy about it.. I honestly can NOT relate to the idea. Even being straight and having homosexual men do the same to me isn't something that upsets me enough to where I demand they be ashamed of themselves.. or be shamed by society.

I can try to be sympathetic, but it also just seems like it's not something to get upset about. The reality is no matter what the intention you may or may not end up in someone's photo when you go outside. It's something to get over, not to spend too much effort being upset about.

No, reasonable is up to you, you've made this clear about what clothing you deem unacceptable if worn by people who don't want attention.

I already said it's in the eye of the beholder. If she thinks leggings are reasonable, she should expect responses because having a nearly visible ass isn't a norm in most western social protocols.

That's kinda Devo's point. If people stare at your ass even in "modest" clothing...then what?

Shrug it off, give harsher reactions to those idiots making stupid comments.

depths20XX

Who is shaming the women though?

It's not shaming a woman to discuss the reality of what is likely to occur in situation A vs. situation B.

And you can shame a creep while still having that conversation.

Bottom line is though? It is hard for a lot of people to fathom why you'd care that people find you sexually attractive enough to be a little creepy about it.. I honestly can NOT relate to the idea. Even being straight and having homosexual men do the same to me isn't something that upsets me enough to where I demand they be ashamed of themselves.. or be shamed by society.

I can try to be sympathetic, but it also just seems like it's not something to get upset about. The reality is no matter what the intention you may or may not end up in someone's photo when you go outside. It's something to get over, not to spend too much effort being upset about.

Another good point. Is this even really a big deal? No, it's not. No one cares when people get their photos ridiculed online and I don't really care about some butt shots online either.

TRios Zen

This thread is all over the place I think.

Taking pictures of women, without their consent is creepy.

Believing that women can't wear what they want to, whenever they want to, is small minded.

Believing that a women can wear whatever she wants to and that should not draw any attention, regardless of what that is, is unrealistic.

Note, that last statement does NOT imply that women deserve to be raped, molested, photographed w/o their knowledge or in any other way harmed for what they wear. All it means is that if a women is showing all the curves of their body, someone is bound too look, EVEN if that wasn't what she was aiming for. To be honest though I don't think a woman has to to be wearing anything provocative for a "creep" to want to take a stealth photo though.

All that being said, I will never take a picture of a woman without her consent, but I do appreciate the female form, so I got nothing against women wearing yoga pants or pretty much anything really. And not because I want to run home and fap to them either; I don't think it's that hard to appreciate a woman's beauty AND believe she can contribute more to life than just leaning over for you.

G-Fex

I already said it's in the eye of the beholder. If she thinks leggings are reasonable, she should expect responses because having a nearly visible ass isn't a norm in most western social protocols.

Shrug it off, give harsher reactions to those idiots making stupid comments.

Dude.

It doesn't matter what she's wearing, see through or not. That doesn't make it ok for some jerkoff to go and blatantly take a cell phone pic of her ass.

But they can be just as lewd and revealing as candid yoga pant shots?

How so? They're there posted on sites like peopleofwalmart for the sole purpose of making fun of them. Not sexualizing them.

doesn't make it right either.

This thread is all over the place I think.

Taking pictures of women, without their consent is creepy.

Believing that women can't wear what they want to, whenever they want to, is small minded.

Believing that a women can wear whatever she wants to and that should not draw any attention, regardless of what that is, is unrealistic.

Note, that last statement does NOT imply that women deserve to be raped, molested, photographed w/o their knowledge or in any other way harmed for what they wear. All it means is that if a women is showing all the curves of their body, someone is bound too look, EVEN if that wasn't what she was aiming for. To be honest though I don't think a woman has to to be wearing anything provocative for a "creep" to want to take a stealth photo though.

All that being said, I will never take a picture of a woman without her consent, but I do appreciate the female form, so I got nothing against women wearing yoga pants or pretty much anything really. And not because I want to run home and fap to them either; I don't think it's that hard to appreciate a woman's beauty AND believe she can contribute more to life than just leaning over for you.

Yeah this. People are gonna look but if anything they don't have to leer or go the full creep of taking candids without permission. I don't see how shaming people about what they wear really tackles the creep problem. If you got everyone to wear sweats tomorrow, creeps would still creep.

Dude.

It doesn't matter what she's wearing, see through or not. That doesn't make it ok for some jerkoff to go and blatantly take a cell phone pic of her ass.

I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.

Understood?
K.

Yeah this. People are gonna look but if anything they don't have to leer or go the full creep of taking candids without permission. I don't see how shaming people about what they wear really tackles the creep problem. If you got everyone to wear sweats tomorrow, creeps would still creep.

I never said this either. Jesus Christ.
What's up with selective reading!?

G-Fex

I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.
I NEVER SAID THAT.

Understood?
K.

Then.

I ask this.

itca4guYz7e5z.gif

akira28

stop caring so much what others think, and try not to be too obnoxious.

and if you are going to do that, try to do it so it doesn't attract attention and start a thing. Voyeurism is probably not the great issue of our age.

It is a John Cena WWE gif.

Lol that doesn't help. =P

stop caring so much what others think, and try not to be too obnoxious.

It's only very annoying when people keep trying to say I think creeps should be allowed to take pictures of girls in leggings because they deserve it.

I've never said that.

It's only very annoying when people keep trying to say I think wearing "modestly" would prevent creeps from being creeps.

I've never said that either.

Sorry for being obnoxious.

Out of curiosity, I checked Reddit creepshot.

This is pretty creepy (they even known which ones are repost). And I have no idea how can people navigate reddit, such a badly designed website, barely know how it works.

So people have been arguing with the guy not knowing what his point even is.

Yes, because, those have actually been my points the whole time.

Women should be raped for having vaginas. They should have sutured their privates up.

Yup.

That's exactly what my point has been. Criminalizing the victim. Thanks for breaking it down for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom