• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk about DMCV: Can we agree that it was a lame design choice?

Can we agree that it was a lame design choice about 3 playable characters?

• Yes absolutely

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • No it was dope choice from Capcom

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • IDK i'm neutral about it

Votes: 27 25.7%

• Total voters

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Not played the game and personally don't care for it but someone post some high level V play. I'm curious on if this character wasn't for brainlets or was just trash.

WolfusFh

I also disliked their change of art direction, and that they downplayed Trish and Lady, that went from badass female characters to being pretty useless in 5.
Yeah, I also disliked the art direction. Going for the "realistic" human design was sort of a downgrade imo.

I also think that this game had much less action cutscenes compared to 3 and 4.

In regards to OP, I think all characters are fun to play and we'll balanced, but I did dislike the shifting a little bit, and it did generate some filler in a story that already doesn't have much going on. I don't think it was lame or even a bad decision, since they were probably avoiding the gameplay becoming stale. But I think that developing levels for 2 characters should be enough. Level design was very linear, and when we get in the tree, the aesthetics also suck.

Top Bottom