• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level-5 announces LBX Armored Girls (PC/mobile), drops pretense of dignity

Sterok

I thought Level 5 made their money from kids. Or maybe they're hoping to get multiple demographics. Maybe someday they'll figure out what to do.

Slayven

One of these days someone will have to explain why is Japan the way it is.

Don't mistake this for japan, this is to appeal to the whales . They are the only ones that really play the crazy prices for dvds, figures, and shit. So they get catered too.

Fbh

"hey, for a Japanese game with anime aesthetics that actually a pretty cool armo........of course "

Aaron D.

Level-5 brought me Jeanne d'Arc (PSP) a decade ago and they've always been in my good graces on that feat alone.

So I'll keep an open mind and see how this turns out on mobile.

Cyframe

Wait really? Whats wrong with it?

Many weren't fans of the disjointed storylines(cases). Layton games usually had an overarching plot, Mystery Journey doesn't have the best narrative according to opinions I've seen. The new puzzle master isn't really up to snuff compared to the previous one who passed away. And the sales are rather muddling. But, I suppose we'll really see how it's received in October.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuh.......
I thought Level-5 was above shit like this. I guess not.
I'm now awaiting the announcement of Hayao Miyazaki directing the La Blue Girl reboot.

Beartruck

Medabots, Bomberman, now this?

f3c.gif
They'll never stop. I can't wait for the Megaman game where you play as Roll and every time you use a boss weapon your panties change color to match the bosses' colors.

Just typing that makes me want to die.

VariantX

Designed for a specific audience. An audience that eats up the gross shit that repulses everyone else. But hey as long as they got money, then everything is justified.

Pbae

LBX for the 3DS was a great game that was a bit of Custom Robo, a dash of Metabots, and a hint of Virtual On. Bummed LvL5 is going the mobile gacha route though...

When and where can I download this?

Well, AGE is garbage but I'm pretty sure L5 didn't write it. That was some other schmuck.
No, that was Hino as head writer, who didn't actually give a shit and just showed up to writing meetings, gave the other writers barebones notes that were full of logic holes, and didn't realize that the problem people had with the show was that it sucked at character and plot development.

Crap, I played this on Vita. It was a pretty fun action game where you can customize the heck out of a bunch of neat robots.

Well, I guess now you can customize your waifu's cup size.

kliklik

Banned
I'd rather have a series dead. Lady Layton wasn't well received apparently and I don't even want to imagine what they'd do with the Professor Layton franchise moving forward.

I swear to GOD, if Level-5 turns the next game into destroying Katrielle Layton's clothing by solving puzzles and tucking hint coins into her g-string, I'm out of gaming altogether and will be playing the stock market instead.

Johndoey

Banned
They'll never stop. I can't wait for the Megaman game where you play as Roll and every time you use a boss weapon your panties change color to match the bosses' colors.

Just typing that makes me want to die.

You've willed this concept into being so when it eventually happens you only have yourself to blame.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Welp. Guess this signals the end times for the Vita. A game like this would normally be a shoo-in.

Aters

I like how in the first sentence it says "countless" while the next sentence gives a very specific number: 60.

scamander

Banned
I really don't know what to say. Level-5 is one of my favourite developers. I always hated how they milked their popular franchises to death, but to see them turning one of their franchises into fucking Ecchi is just sad.
For the longest time I wanted a real Fantasy Life sequel, now I'm not so sure anymore. :/

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Crap, I played this on Vita. It was a pretty fun action game where you can customize the heck out of a bunch of neat robots.

Well, I guess now you can customize your waifu's cup size.

Great, now you've put the idea in my head of a new Armored Core game where the mecha are anime girls, and now I've got to deal with the fact that game doesn't exist.

This is the video game equivalent to finding an old elementary school classmate 10 years later turning tricks behind a Burger King dumpster.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Preordering
Achilles has the best outfit if you ask me.

Where do I pre-order?
Screw it, give it to me.

Stood with the LBX series since it started, why stop now.
Time to save a couple hundred for this game
Are y'all begging for an avatar quote or...

Whats worse? A Franchise dying or being converted to moe?
The latter by far.

Top Bottom