• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

I attribute my soft spot for Asian guys to my grandmother's Korean-ness, but it can also be my rather heavy exposition to Japanese culture while growing up because of my relatives. Otherwise I'm not sure how I "caught" it. But then again, I like guys of all races, so who knows. For example I like black guys and I've had little to no exposition to them - Mexico's population ranges from native Mexican to European, everything else is insanely under-represented. Wikipedia says there's an estimated of 450,000 "Afro-Mexicans" in Mexico, and they're concentrated in a couple of states.

ivysaur12

Banned
Pride off to a great start -- met a really hot guy on Grindr who had a picture that had him shirtless with a nametag that said "KKK". When I asked him why his nametag said "Hello, my name is KKK", he goes "My nickname is Kick..."

KICK

The I and the C.

Ty4on

I wonder what cultural or environmental thing that caused me to like Asian guys. No one in my family ever dated an Asian person before and most gay Black men I've met never once liked Asian guys. Wonder why I am so different in that. It sucks at times since the majority of Asian guys likes.........

This survey is probably biased based on the people following his blog, but it is interesting to see how every single group is interested in its own group down to those giving themselves no label mostly saying looks don't matter.
tumblr_lo09sqKZ0K1qbbjkro1_r1_1280.jpg
Personally I'm totally opposite as a very underweight guy who rarely finds anyone smaller than average hot. I guess the big exception is chaser (you can see a bigger chart in the link) who's definitions are totally opposite, but then again the definition of chaser is liking someone not like you :p
Bulls are also different for some reason.

So are you never going to continue the discussion you started?

I haven't had a chance to be on the computer to read everything and reply, been on the road and accessing GAF on the phone all the time. And editing long posts from phone sucks. I'll get to it tomorrow, although I'm not sure what good it'll bring; nobody ever changes their opinion in these discussions. It's like religion/atheism debates, they go on forever and nobody comes out wiser at the end.

People complain I post too many Asian guys

I wonder what cultural or environmental thing that caused me to like Asian guys. No one in my family ever dated an Asian person before and most gay Black men I've met never once liked Asian guys. Wonder why I am so different in that. It sucks at times since the majority of Asian guys likes.........

I'm going to watch some Koh Masaki videos right now big sigh

Too many Asians? TOO MANY ASIANS?!?! There are never too many Asians...
You post as many men of whatever color as you want. Anyone that grumbles
is going to get the evil eye, bitchy face, stink eye, of whatever from me. I am
a white guy, and there are some damn fine white men out there, but anyone
who denies that men of other races are just as sexy is a fool.

Edit : Also Jubei, I will now read all your posts in the voice of Droopy.

Having canoodled with a black guy I can safely say I don't understand the whole "you never go back" thing. Just wasn't my thing.

EDIT: Also, as a bi guy I have to deal with liking straight guys and lesbians. Doesn't help that I love tomboys/androgynous people.

Oddly enough, straight crush count: 1
Lesbian crush count: 4

Rayis

On the topic of being attracted to straight guys, that's like the bane of every gay person's existence, ALL my crushes have been straight, I haven't met many gay people irl and I wish to fix that sometime, however, I get over those crushes really fast because I know it's a lost cause, it won't happen and it never will, and I feel good for getting over them fast

also, heck yeah, kissing boys

It's strange, I think GAF is what gave me this insecurity about the age gap, from threads about news stories, but yeah usually someone is underage there, I don't know why I extrapolated that to my situation today... maybe because I haven't been with someone that young in a very long time.

Anyway I don't think it's going anywhere; he's been courting me online since last year, and basically convinced me out of the blue today to meet him for a quick kiss in the car. Normally I never do anything spontaneously but I hadn't kissed anyone since last September and I surprised myself by taking him on his offer.

We ended up talking for about 30 minutes and exchanged a couple of kissing sessions. He's super cute but I don't think we really clicked, and I felt like I was an itch that he needed to scratch, and now he's over with it.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I mean, getting it from young guys is basically so we old dudes can feel a little temporary relief from the looming shadow of death.

It's a charity act! ;)

Dany

Banned
The oldest fella I've gone out with was 33. He had some grey hairs and a light scruff ;_; and it was totally hot. :D

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Can you recommend any text on this? It's pretty intriguing to me because in my experience it's absolutely not the case - and precisely because I don't think "I'm an island" is why I think we have innate preferences on pretty much everything. We -know- we instinctively like familiar features, this can be observed even in babies. But that's completely non-sexual and more of a survival instinct :p
Black Skin, White Masks is an interesting book on the topic of culture and the human being (in his case being a black man in a white culture). The author writes about the topics of race, colonialism, psychology, culture, and even sex. The books is a bit dated in one or two aspects, since it was written during the 1950s, but its main topics are still relevant today.

I'm not sure if it meets the requirements since it's somewhat broad, but I love the way it's written (even though it's an English translation from French) and the way he approaches the subjects he explores.

RM8

I'm guessing you're from Sierra Leone where the male life expectancy is 46. You're in your 20s, aren't you? Lol.

@hateradio: Interesting recommendation, it's not a topic I've explored a lot. Let's see if I can find it :p

BTW you're all immoral for violating the sanctity of dating people of similar age only :(
I dated a 30 years old when I was 22.

RM8

What's the last thing you ate, HomoGAF? I feel stuffed and lethargic because I had a HUUUUGE piece of lemon pie (actually lime pie, Mexico has limes and lemons mixed up for some reason). It was so worth the suffering, though.

Alrus

What's the last thing you ate, HomoGAF? I feel stuffed and lethargic because I had a HUUUUGE piece of lemon pie (actually lime pie, Mexico has limes and lemons mixed up for some reason). It was so worth the suffering, though.

A quiche with honey goat cheese, cherry tomatoes and grated zucchinis in it (plus eggs of course). Easy to make and delicious :)

Race does not equal ethnicity. Sigh I see The Clarke baby doll test and other discussions up in here. I wanna participate but I have no wifi yet anymlre and this 3G in this new house sucks. Wifi isn't coming until Sunday T______T

Sai-kun

Banned
I went out with Dany and kitchenmotors for 'dinner', and we had Thai food. It was delicious. I'm hungry again now though. What to make...

bsej87

I don't like seafood. :(

I don't know if we can be friends anymore :( A friend and I went out for seafood for dinner. Granted, I assume New Orleans prepares seafood better than what them there carpet baggers serve. Also, glad my friend visiting saved me from the Nature vs Nurture circular debate. I had to suffer through enough of those in every single psych class.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Race does not equal ethnicity. Sigh I see The Clarke baby doll test and other discussions up in here. I wanna participate but I have no wifi yet anymlre and this 3G in this new house sucks. Wifi isn't coming until Sunday T______T
And to think if you had an Xbox one you could not even play any games at all

RM8

^ Lol, so true.

Do you guys think PS4 is going to have similar DRM? I sadly think Sony's lack of "LOLOLOL COME TO THE PS4 SIDE WE DON'T HAVE DRM" attitude is pretty scary.

bsej87

I'm holding out hope, but I figure if PS4 was going to be blissfully free of DRM they'd be shitting all over MS by now unless they're saving that for E3

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Had some spicy pizza that I left out on the table overnight, and then some vanilla ice cream with caramel and pineapple. Then I went to see Star Trek.

Sai-kun

Banned
Had some spicy pizza that I left out on the table overnight, and then some vanilla ice cream with caramel and pineapple. Then I went to see Star Trek.

wat u think of star trek i still kinda wanna see it

also i decided that my late night dinner is gonna be a little piece of steak and some ramen!!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I had a good time with it, perhaps because I am not a person who analyzes movies but instead chooses to simply enjoy what is in front of me.

Also, if someone told me they dubbed Benedict Cumberbatch's voice I'd probably believe them. How does sound like that come out of a spindly British dork?

Sagitario

2 cups of this:

1pbstAn.jpg

Beat that!

wat u think of star trek i still kinda wanna see it

also i decided that my late night dinner is gonna be a little piece of steak and some ramen!!
I know it wasn't directed at me, but anyway... :p
I went to see it without having any knowledge about the film (still haven't seen the first one).
I freaking enjoyed it, I would definitely watch it again. I found it really entertaining (I am not a fan of Star Trek, though).
The friend I went with (a girl) was crazy for Quinto and I kinda was for Pine... that was odd and fun :b

Sai-kun

Banned
I had a good time with it, perhaps because I am not a person who analyzes movies but instead chooses to simply enjoy what is in front of me.

I'm the same way :) That's probably why I enjoyed Fast 6 and Iron Man 3 so much. Just fuckin' cool movies, man.

I know it wasn't directed at me, but anyway... :p
I went to see it without having any knowledge about the film (still haven't seen the first one).
I freaking enjoyed it, I would definitely watch it again. I found it really entertaining (I am not a fan of Star Trek, though).
The friend I went with (a girl) was crazy for Quinto and I kinda was for Pine... that was odd and fun :b

I'm sold! :D Thanks, you two. I'll have to check it out soon.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Is anyone well-versed in Corbin Fisher videos? I may or may not be interested in knowing where a gif is from... ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom