• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange 2 Episode 5 or this is what people mean when they do not want politics in their games

Renozokii

Literally Police here. Please provide the reason for your use of the word "literally" in this sentence. Unless you can provide ample justification for the aforementioned use of the word "literally" we will have no choice but to suspend you from using it for the next 48 to 72 hours.

Thank you for your time.
The word has a real definition. I wasn't asking a rhetorical question.

Renozokii

lol So you actually don't know what a stereotype is. The mere existence of something in the real world doesn't mean its not a stereotype. If I made a story where every black character you meet is an violent gang member. Or every priest you meet is a child predator. Or every blonde is superficial with a room temp IQ. Or every conservative is an ignorant hick / racist. That would be me stereotyping that group. Pick any group be it racial, ideological or otherwise... The fact that you can point to real world examples of people who conform to a stereotype doesn't invalidate it as a stereotype.

You could literally defend the most racist fiction in the world with your argument. "lol but violent black people do exist! acknowledge the reality!" Learn how to engage with fiction.

Also I picked quotes from 5 different characters so you cant count either lmao. Am I supposed to go through the entire game and show every example in painstaking detail? It's a forum post not a PhD thesis, my dude. What I posted was absolutely sufficient enough to get my point across.

But there are several white characters in the game that aren't portrayed this way. So that point doesn't really make sense.

>The mere existence of something in the real world doesn't mean its not a stereotype. If I made a story where every black character you meet is an violent gang member. Or every priest you meet is a child predator. Or every blonde is superficial with a room temp IQ. Or every conservative is an ignorant hick / racist. That would be me stereotyping that group. Pick any group be it racial, ideological or otherwise... The fact that you can point to real world examples of people who conform to a stereotype doesn't invalidate it as a stereotype.

But it's not every white character. If you made a game from the perspective of a black kid growing up in the ghetto, it would be a realistic portrayal to show how prevalent gangs can be in those types of neighborhoods, and not many members of those gangs would be white right? Would that be stereotyping all poor black people as being in a gang?

brap

Banned
I guess whatever trump says, does, promotes is sacred here...
They have touch the holy wall...
Blasphemy.
In case you don’t know trump is hated almost universally except in the USA .
It’s a french developper , here we think he is an extremely rude and uneducated clown.
Rather have trump as my president than have a bunch of refugees running wild throwing acid in peoples faces. Enjoy france becoming a turd world country in the coming years.

Tiamat2san

Rather have trump as my president than have a bunch of refugees running wild throwing acid in peoples faces. Enjoy france becoming a turd world country in the coming years.
Yeah of course...
We are invaded, they’ll steal our money, jobs, impose sharia law and rape our wives , you’ll vote marine lepen here.
We have less crime here and a good healcare system.
Religion is appart from state (difficult to say in the US)
5 weeks of holidays + bonuses (2 weeks)
And one of the best food in the world.

Gargus

Banned
While I agree this is hilariously cringe worthy, can we stop pretending that anything in Death Stranding even remotely qualifies as subtle.

Not sure what death stranding has to do with life is strange at all really.

And it must be subtle because I'm not seeing anything. Then again I don't go looking for it either. I turn off the real world when I play games so I can enjoy the fictional one. Then again I'm fucking sick of the real world so I pay it very little attention.

-Arcadia-

Banned

Also a president that looks like he’s about to be on Blacked. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

c4pRNiD.jpg

Renozokii

I never said anything about white characters in LiS 2.

Before we continue this conversation prove to me you can count to five. I need video evidence.

>I made a story where every black character you meet is an violent gang member. Or every priest you meet is a child predator. Or every blonde is superficial with a room temp IQ. Or every conservative is an ignorant hick / racist. That would be me stereotyping that group.

That is your writing not mine. I pointed out there are countless white characters that are nothing like what you are posting

>I made a story where every black character you meet is an violent gang member. Or every priest you meet is a child predator. Or every blonde is superficial with a room temp IQ. Or every conservative is an ignorant hick / racist. That would be me stereotyping that group.

That is your writing not mine. I pointed out there are countless white characters that are nothing like what you are posting

That isn't about white characters in Life Is Strange 2.

Top Bottom