• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange Episode 1 Review Thread

Fret

Come on, it's either a huge overstatement or you don't have a very long history with video games. It's not THAT bad.

Like I said, it doesn't ruin anything. But it is pretty bad. Since it's a story driven game and the dialogue is so important, it sticks out much more than other games.

What other games have you seen thats worse?

To ease your disappointment on this matter to me it felt like the lip-sync got better towards the second half of the game.However it felt like the only really really bad lip-sync was on the teacher.

Great, I'm excited to keep playing

This is just a case of PSN store updating whenever the hell they get to it, but it'll probably worse this time around since it's not on a tuesday. They really need a damn schedule with that.
and here I thought that this generation we could avoid the slow store updates with pre-loading but alas :(

Oh shit!

Life Is Strange
‏@LifeIsStrange US PS4 users - Life is Strange Complete Season will be available on Tues Feb 3rd. We apologize for the delay

Goddamit PlayStation Store!

kubus

Oh man, that doesn't sound good :O

So just so I get the information in the OT right, the PS4 release is delayed in the US, but the PS3 version is out? And Xbox versions are also released normally?

it fucking is, we should loudly complain about it, write them an email or something, the Store schedule has always been so bloody lazy.

I do not believe the developer would have said the game would come out on the 30th had Sony not given them the OK, so yes, this fucking shit is unacceptable, it just ruined my weekend

Persona7

Banned
Sony just doesn't want my money. This happened constantly last generation when the PS Store would not be updated but the new release would be available on every other platform so I got it there instead.

Manu

Oh man, that doesn't sound good :O

So just so I get the information in the OT right, the PS4 release is delayed in the US, but the PS3 version is out? And Xbox versions are also released normally?

Nothing on the PS Store for either PS3 or PS4.

kubus

The wording in that tweet is a bit weird. "Life is Strange Complete Season will be available on Tues Feb 3rd." makes it sound like the first episode *will* be available, but the season pass won't. :/

Man, I'm sorry to hear this for you US folk :(. We had something similar in Europe not too long ago with the release of Costume Quest 2. Released everywhere in time for Halloween except on PSN in Europe ~_~. Seriously Sony, fix your store updates.

Nothing on the PS Store for either PS3 or PS4.
:(

Persona7

Banned
It's definitely available on Xbox One and 360 right now, I can see it for purchase in the marketplace. It is available on every platform except for PSN.

The worst part is I skipped buying it hours ago on steam because I thought it would be available on PS4 in the morning. I think I am just going to not bother buying multiplatform games on PSN any more. Sony definitely doesn't want my money and that's ok.

Lucifon

What the fuck, Sony.

They really need to fix their store updates, this is ridiculous.

PS Store updating on 1 day a week is downright stupid. The Xbox store always used to update whenever they wanted to add something, yet with Playstation throughout the whole of last gen Sony bundled everything into 1 day a week, as if it's too much effort to roll out an update at any other time.

It's beyond me how this is still the case 9 years later...

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
PS Store updating on 1 day a week is downright stupid. The Xbox store always used to update whenever they wanted to add something, yet with Playstation throughout the whole of last gen Sony bundled everything into 1 day a week, as if it's too much effort to roll out an update at any other time.

It's beyond me how this is still the case 9 years later...

The weirdest thing is that the Japanese PSN store used (maybe still?) be updated on a daily basis. I don't know why they made it so that it updates only once a week (with exceptions).

I promise you it was there before, they probably deleted it, which hopefully means the game will be up sometime later today ::crosses fingers::

Oh, I don't doubt it.

And yeah, I hope the same.

That said, between this and Grim's launch - Sony REALLY needs to step up here with PSN. It's just all over the place these days.

Ricker

I see the episode 1 on the N.A. PSN but no demo and no season pass option so far...maybe they are working on putting it up slowly...

Kinyou

I have to say, after playing the demo I feel like the dialogue is pretty awful. At least mostly the stuff that Max is "thinking". Kind of turned me off the whole thing.

UrbanRats

I have to say, after playing the demo I feel like the dialogue is pretty awful. At least mostly the stuff that Max is "thinking". Kind of turned me off the whole thing.

Remember Me's writing wasn't really good at all and filled with clichès, so that's my biggest hang up at the moment, especially given the trite setting.

inm8num2

IGN - 6.5/10

Life is Strange suffers from awful voice acting and writing that doesn’t do its characters and world justice. Dontnod has created great scenarios for a story I’m eager to learn more about, but the moment-to-moment interactions with people in Max Caulfield’s life are pretty painful. Archetypal characters with weak lines and worse delivery don’t ruin everything, but they make it harder to buy into a story that’s trying so hard to have heart.

snyderman

Neo Member

Life is Strange suffers from awful voice acting and writing that doesn’t do its characters and world justice. Dontnod has created great scenarios for a story I’m eager to learn more about, but the moment-to-moment interactions with people in Max Caulfield’s life are pretty painful. Archetypal characters with weak lines and worse delivery don’t ruin everything, but they make it harder to buy into a story that’s trying so hard to have heart.

Sounds just about right.

Top Bottom