• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Mononoke

Banned
Well, [minor spoilers from throughout the series]
if you're cruel there is an instance where a dog can get hit by a car but you pretty much have to choose it (overwhelming majority didn't!), also there is an instance where a bird hits a window and dies but you can save it so it survives, but the only thing you can't change is the fact that animals are dying from an unknown cause (doesn't seem manmade but rather a part of the general weirdness that is happening).

Would be a mind fuck if that actually played into the main plot. I guess it's probably more along the lines of, a symptom of what COULD be happening (the main plot). Definitely. Didn't really think about those instances as being that. But yeah. Interesting.

I made some more avatars. I'm just doing them for fun. Some of them look really silly. :)

DhZy4bY.png
Pgw0PPa.png

EtEyhrq.png
iXgG5BX.png

CXxEhOR.png
sG6WdMS.png
Lol I love these

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you, this is really helpful. Any violence toward animals? ��

Not that I remember EDIT: Oh I remember, nvm. Only cruelty to plants (that one is a joke, you'll get by episode 3).

Mononoke

Banned
Wait, no
sex so far. I thought it was implied something was going on between Nathan and Victoria. Especially that scene at the end of Episode 2? Maybe I read too much into that. I guess technically even if that were true, it's not really sex in the main plot.

Loakum

Banned
This game really blows me away! It's like the movie, "The Butterfly Effect", but much better! Your choices really effects the past, present, and future! Not only that, but the voice acting is really top notch! Be warned, you may shed a tear or two...I know I did!

Next is "Dark Room".

maxcriden

Well, [minor spoilers from throughout the series]
if you're cruel there is an instance where a dog can get hit by a car but you pretty much have to choose it (overwhelming majority didn't!), also there is an instance where a bird hits a window and dies but you can save it so it survives, but the only thing you can't change is the fact that animals are dying from an unknown cause (doesn't seem manmade but rather a part of the general weirdness that is happening).

Thank you. As Zelda has the option to harm cuccoos and reap the emotional or otherwise consequences I can be OK with a similar dynamic existing in this game.
When you say animals are dying en masse, do we see this happening in explicit or upsetting ways?
Thanks all for the info!

Wait, no
sex so far. I thought it was implied something was going on between Nathan and Victoria. Especially that scene at the end of Episode 2? Maybe I read too much into that. I guess technically even if that were true, it's not really sex in the main plot.

Oh, I really just meant in terms of explicit sex scenes being shown, like in an HBO show or R-rated film. Thank you, though. :)

PensOwl

Banned
Wait, no

What about
Rachael and Frank?

Thank you. As Zelda has the option to harm cuccoos and reap the emotional or otherwise consequences I can be OK with a similar dynamic existing in this game.
When you say animals are dying en masse, do we see this happening in explicit or upsetting ways?
Thanks all for the info!

Oh, I really just meant in terms of explicit sex scenes being shown, like in an HBO show or R-rated film. Thank you, though. :)

No blood or gore is seen from the scene with the dog you just hear it happen. They are mostly just instances with animals that are already dead. Most upsetting thing imo would be one particular dead animal that is surrounded by ants.
I imagine that this game has a mature rating for its themes and language more than anything.

Mononoke

Banned
Thanks all for the info!

Sorry, I was being too literal. Got ya.

Mononoke

Banned
So, I was wondering. I'm sure this has been talked about before. I'm sorry, I came in late to this thread. But what if...

Chloe was actually happier in the ult. timeline. Like, yeah she's paralyzed from the waist down. But I mean, mentally, and spiritually, what if she was happier and better. If she was actually truly happy. That despite her physical problem, she has her family, and her friends.

Would you still want to return her to the old timeline? I mean, I get the knee jerk reaction would be yes. Because that's not the Chloe we know. And people obviously have come to love that Chloe (although some hate her lol). But I mean purely on a plot level, would you still rather return her back to the old timeline, where she seems miserable, and her life is spiraling out of control? Let's face it, if you weren't around, she would probably be dead. And I don't just mean with Nathan shooting her. I mean in general, she has a lot of insane stuff surrounding her, that I think would have killed her eventually.

I guess the point of this discussion might be moot because....

In the timeline above, they show fucked up shit happening in the world. So clearly it won't ever be a stable timeline.

Would be a mind fuck if that actually played into the main plot. I guess it's probably more along the lines of, a symptom of what COULD be happening (the main plot). Definitely. Didn't really think about those instances as being that. But yeah. Interesting.
Episodes 1-3 spoilers
Yeah, I just assumed with tornadoes, eclipses, and freak snowstorms, a mass death of animals wasn't too far from the rest.
So, I was wondering. I'm sure this has been talked about before. I'm sorry, I came in late to this thread. But what if...

Chloe was actually happier in the ult. timeline. Like, yeah she's paralyzed from the waist down. But I mean, mentally, and spiritually, what if she was happier and better. If she was actually truly happy. That despite her physical problem, she has her family, and her friends.

Would you still want to return her to the old timeline? I mean, I get the knee jerk reaction would be yes. Because that's not the Chloe we know. And people obviously have come to love that Chloe (although some hate her lol). But I mean purely on a plot level, would you still rather return her back to the old timeline, where she seems miserable, and her life is spiraling out of control? Let's face it, if you weren't around, she would probably be dead. And I don't just mean with Nathan shooting her. I mean in general, she has a lot of insane stuff surrounding her, that I think would have killed her eventually.

In the timeline above, they show fucked up shit happening in the world. So clearly it won't ever be a stable timeline.
More episodes 1-3 spoilers
I highly suspect that she's happier here. I'm 99% sure that she wouldn't trade her dad for a lack of paralysis although her dad might have the exact opposite feeling. Besides William seems like such a wonderful fellow (really liked how they made me extremely warm to him in such a short time) and having him throughout her teenage years would do wonders as compared to having David there instead. I do agree that with the path she's on she's not long for this world.

Main thing I'm wondering about is the status of Rachel Amber, is she still missing? And if not, can we gain any useful information that we can bring over back to our universe. But suspect something worse is happening in the alt. universe (whales>birds). I also can't wait to read alt. Max's journal.

maxcriden

No blood or gore is seen from the scene with the dog you just hear it happen. They are mostly just instances with animals that are already dead. Most upsetting thing imo would be one particular dead animal that is surrounded by ants.
I imagine that this game has a mature rating for its themes and language more than anything.

Ah. That is probably a bit much for me, to be honest. Can you specify further?
And which other dead animals are encountered? :-/
Thank you.

Sorry, I was being too literal. Got ya.

Nah, I appreciate it a ton. Thanks man. :)

Ah. That is probably a bit much for me, to be honest. Can you specify further?
And which other dead animals are encountered? :-/
Thank you.

Nah, I appreciate it a ton. Thanks man. :)

Well, there are dead birds around throughout the town at one point but surrounding a particular bird there is a bunch of ants spiralling around it. The bird doesn't look decomposed or anything. It is easily missable (although I believe there is an achievement tied to taking a picture of it). The other animals are beached whales in a cutscene.

maxcriden

Well, there are dead birds around throughout the town at one point but surrounding a particular bird there is a bunch of ants spiralling around it. It is easily missable (although I believe there is an achievement tied to taking a picture of it). The other animals are beached whales in a cutscene.
Is the achievement kind of in poor taste there, or am I misunderstanding?

I dunno about the bird, man. Might have to check out. It's too bad b/c I was interested in the game for sure but that might be a bit much for me.

Thanks for all of the info, truly.

Is the achievement kind of in poor taste there, or am I misunderstanding?

I dunno about the bird, man. Might have to check out. It's too bad b/c I was interested in the game for sure but that might be a bit much for me.

Thanks for all of the info, truly.

Every episode there are 10 photos you can take of various situations for an achievement (main character is a photography/art student and she does remark that it is a sad sight).

Some other examples are: Person on the ground after getting hit himself with a skateboard after failing a trick, picture of a squirrel (alive), a picture of a bird (alive), abandoned bus, and various people. There is no achievement name like "dead bird" or anything, actually they are all photography terms I believe.

You're welcome for the info. Better that you are informed about a game that you might not enjoy before buying. Unfortunate that you won't be playing, it really is a great game. But I do understand that some things aren't for everybody.

Fireblend

Banned
So I just binged through all of what's been released of this, thanks to the ongoing Steam sale.

Holy shit. I need more of this yesterday. There's a ton of decisions I'm having second thoughts about, specially
defending David so he wouldn't get sent to a hotel
, but I don't want to go back and change my choices now that I'm done with the chapters. Guess I'll just be patient and wait til the whole thing's over before I do a second playthrough.

I see why people consider this GOTY material now. Consider me one of you now.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
One of us, one of us...

Glad you liked what you played!

...I was about to start episode three and I just accidentally deleted my Life is Strange save.
Fuck.

I don't suppose anyone has a complete episode 2 save where
kate lives & where we continue to point Nathan as the bad guy.

Bawls.

Have they mentioned a ballpark release estimate for the next episode? All I know is that they tend to release new episodes on the same day as big retail releases. Bloodborne, Witcher 3, etc. and then I end up not playing it for a few weeks after release.

Opto

Banned

She's paralyzed from the neck down, not the waist. Her head has to be supported and she can't breath on her own. I've had similar thoughts and yeah, if Chloe is happier in this timeline, I can't see myself changing something unless something even more terrible happens to someone. Not only would I want Chloe's take on everything, but also William's, since it's his existence we're really playing with. Maybe Max will be able to use a photo to make another timeline, but god knows what that would entail.

Anyone know if a Pentium dual-core (not a Core series; specifically Pentium E2200 2.2ghz) can handle this on low? It looks like "officially" it's a no, but just curious if anyone had experience with something similar. Thinking of grabbing the game for my sister.

No, the three slots say start a new game, but a save does exist with a recent timestamp, meaning I think the game created some kind of default save?

Edit: Ah darn, double post, this has clearly thrown me for a loop.
You may just want to start a new game. It shouldn't take too long if you already played through and know what choices you want to make.

Anyone know if a Pentium dual-core (not a Core series; specifically Pentium E2200 2.2ghz) can handle this on low? It looks like "officially" it's a no, but just curious if anyone had experience with something similar. Thinking of grabbing the game for my sister.
I think that should be okay for low settings, I have a 2,3 ghz dual core one and I can run it just fine.
And if it doesn't you could always ask for a refund, as long as you get it directly from steam of course.

BTW, if anybody here has a steam friend who wants to try the game out I still got a gift copy in my inventory, I bought a bunch of episodes 1 and season passes for my friends and I still got one episode 1 left, can't trade it though so they'd have to add me on steam for the gift.

Have they mentioned a ballpark release estimate for the next episode? All I know is that they tend to release new episodes on the same day as big retail releases. Bloodborne, Witcher 3, etc. and then I end up not playing it for a few weeks after release.
I think it'll probably release at the beginning/middle of July (7th or 14th, betting on the 14th though). Mainly based on the fact that it is 7-8 weeks after episode 3 and episodes have come out after that amount of time.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Why did I start playing this now? Played all three episodes since yesterday. Damn you episodic gaming. This shit is fire.

Dontnod need to finish the game, rewind and put it out right now.

I think it'll probably release at the beginning/middle of July (7th or 14th, betting on the 14th though). Mainly based on the fact that it is 7-8 weeks after episode 3 and episodes have come out after that amount of time.

I hope so. Should give me enough time to finish Arkham Knight, first.

danm999

Honestly, it seems like the reset to OG timeline is going to be mandatory.

Your choices are bound up in that timeline, so doing a Bioshock Infinite halfway through the game doesn't seem very likely. Putting your name on the Vortex Club party list at the pool for example doesn't make sense if there's the possibility of a timeline where you're invited anyway.

Then again, the game does point out that optional photo you take in the past as being a decision, and the game has hinged pretty huge plot turns on those sorts of small decisions before (Kate jumping for example), so Max may find a way to create a third optimal time line.

Who knows. Game keeps me guessing and I love it for that.

Mononoke

Banned
Thanks, i took the first one.

Hah, awesome. I feel bad changing my avatar from Max. I just, felt bad because someone had wanted a zoomed out version of mine, and I actually came off like a jerk. So I just wanted to offer all of them to everyone.

She's paralyzed from the neck down, not the waist. Her head has to be supported and she can't breath on her own. I've had similar thoughts and yeah, if Chloe is happier in this timeline, I can't see myself changing something unless something even more terrible happens to someone. Not only would I want Chloe's take on everything, but also William's, since it's his existence we're really playing with. Maybe Max will be able to use a photo to make another timeline, but god knows what that would entail.

Oops, you are right. My apologies.

She seems happier. I can't make that assumption I guess. I was just speaking in what ifs. Like WHAT IF she was more happier, mentally, spiritually. Even though it's awful she's paralyzed, if she's truly happy as opposed to what she is now, and how she probably would have been dead without you. I dunno. But thanks for pointingout my error. Because that's really harsh on a physical level. Much worse than the waist down. Especially the breathing aspect. I mean, even if she was happier on every level, that's a really huge sacrifice to make for that happiness. I don't even know if I could make that sacrifice.

I mean even on a friend level, it would be hard to justify that. Even if you saw Chloe happier, just knowing the sacrifice she now has to pay. That would be hard to accept. Damn your last points were really spot on. Thanks for posting. Interesting stuff.

I do think my question was kind of moot, since the game WILL make you switch back. Or at least, that is my guess. I was just curious how people would react if they were given that choice. Life, if the game had actually given you that choice. Would you choose Chloe physically damaged, but mentally/spiritually happy? Or would you choose damaged Chloe, that is miserable, and who's life is spiraling out of control. She would actually be dead without you.

I guess there is some wisdom to the fact that, damage Chloe, still could live a full life if you get out of this alive. That she can become better, and healthier. She can reach that place of happiness again, and still have her full body in tact.

Only bad thing I hate about this game is something that could also be thought of as a boon: the timing of the release of each episode!

2 months just seems such a long period of time! But then again, quality over quantity.

Eklesp

Only bad thing I hate about this game is something that could also be thought of as a boon: the timing of the release of each episode!

2 months just seems such a long period of time! But then again, quality over quantity.

Excactly. Because the game is so captivating it seems like a long time. But, I think that is pretty quick for dev time.

Reedirect

Honestly, it's getting easier and easier for me to wait. Not that the game's getting weaker (the opposite, really), but I feel like I'm always invested enough in the "buzz" surrounding the game (this thread, crazy fan theories, the official Facebook page etc.), that it doesn't really seem that long to me.

Doesn't hurt that Dontnod's/Square's community management for this has been exceptional so far, keeps me in the loop constantly.

Top Bottom