• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Matush

Quick question, can someone tell me why Episode 1 is showing that I need it to add to card? I bought Complete season, both Episode 2 and 3 were "free". Is it because I had Trial installed, or is it already unlocked with Complete Season Pass?

Anyone know when 4's coming out?

No, but the episodes always come out on Late Monday/Early Tuesday depending on your region

If it is next Monday/Tuesday we should know today/tomorrow. If not, then wait for next Wednesday/Thursday and try again (and again) until it does come out

Nice. Gonna buy this now.

Wait, do you have to buy episode 1 separately? It doesn't come in the season pass?

You either buy Life is Strange Complete Season

or

Life is Strange Episode One + Life is Strange Season Pass

It looks like Life is Strange Complete Season is cheapest by small bit

If you buy Life is Strange Episode One first, you will then be unable to buy Life is Strange Complete Season and be forced to buy Life is Strange Season Pass to compete the set

PSN Sale incoming!

cP2Wzx6.png

So is Life is Strange going on sale at some point today then?

Edit - Oh, nevermind, just saw the post above. £12 is still way too steep, I'll wait.

Omikaru

I have already convinced one friend to take the plunge. Let's see how many more I can get over the next week.

Edit - Oh, nevermind, just saw the post above. £12 is still way too steep, I'll wait.

:'(

"way too steep"? Damn. I paid full price and only three episodes in, I think this season has been worth it. But whatever.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Episode 3 ending....

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Edit: Need Episode 4

:'(

"way too steep"? Damn. I paid full price and only three episodes in, I think this season has been worth it. But whatever.

Too steep? TOO STEEP?

3562037-2837106678-jagua.gif

For the full season? You kidding, right?

What a joke. This game is worth much more than £12.

I read the wrong deal. I'd need to get the complete season as opposed to the season pass, so it would actually cost me £14!

Relax guys, we all have different perceptions of value when it comes to each game out there. I played the demo and had LiS pegged as something of a curio; definitely a breath of fresh air, but too janky and shoddily written to be worth splashing anything more than £8 quid on. I'll play it eventually, but right now I can wait, especially since all the episodes aren't even out yet. I treat Telltale the same way these days.

Would like to say that some clunky dialogue =/= shoddy writing. It has fantastic characterisation, atmosphere and narrative, as well as great internal consistency for the powers and how they operate. I'd actually call it pretty well written because of that.

edit: SomTervo gets it!

SomTervo

I read the wrong deal. I'd need to get the complete season as opposed to the season pass, so it would actually cost me £14!

Relax guys, we all have different perceptions of value when it comes to each game out there. I played the demo and had LiS pegged as something of a curio; definitely a breath of fresh air, but too janky and shoddily written to be worth splashing anything more than £8 quid on. I'll play it eventually, but right now I can wait, especially since all the episodes aren't even out yet. I treat Telltale the same way these days.

I've got insanely high standards for writing and game-quality, and money is tight so time-value is important to me, and Life is Strange is one of the greatest games in recent years. It blows anything Telltale has made out of the water by far.

Remember dialogue isn't writing. The dialogue is often flawed (it's by a mainly French team) but often great, too - and the overall universe, character and plot writing is phenomenal.

And PS I'm not even a Life is Strange fanboy. I don't fawn over it like some others here. I'm happy playing other games and, while I'll play LiS Ep 4 when it comes out, I'm not hyped or anything.

It's just legitimately a classic game and £14 will net you 8+ hours of incredible art and entertainment right now. When the whole series is out it'll probably be 14 hours for £14 at that price. And it is highly replayable once you get to some of the plot developments in Episodes 2 and 3. Comparing it to anything Telltale is very misrepresentative.

Would like to say that some clunky dialogue =/= shoddy writing. It has fantastic characterisation, atmosphere and narrative, as well as great internal consistency for the powers and how they operate. I'd actually call it pretty well written because of that.

edit: SomTervo gets it!

Word, yo!

A-V-B

Just finished episode 3.

Max is so totally, utterly dead at the end of this season. The only way to stop what's going to happen is undo everything, but that much use of her powers will kill her.

I still really don't understand complaints about the writing/dialogue. Y'all need to listen to pacific northwest teens talk. The dialogue is for the most part shockingly accurate.

Fret

Were we expecting the announcement of Episode 4 today?

Episode 2 was announced 9 days before release, so maybe its not coming out on the 14th after all?

Persona7

Banned
Were we expecting the announcement of Episode 4 today?

Episode 2 was announced 9 days before release, so maybe its not coming out on the 14th after all?

Was there a rumor about the 14th? The only rumor I saw was for the 21st but I don't know where it originated.

Fret

Was there a rumor about the 14th? The only rumor I saw was for the 21st but I don't know where it originated.

Well the 14th is exactly 8 weeks after the release of 3, so it would keep in line with the release schedule. But apparently some big French holiday is happening on the 14th so maybe not

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I didn't see any rumor, but looking at the dates of the previous stuff(ep1 January 30th, 2 on March 24th, and 3 on May 19th) would put this one around the 14th.

But yeah, I imagine we would know by now if it was that soon so I'm not expecting it. Really hope it makes July atleast.

Dr. Buni

I still really don't understand complaints about the writing/dialogue. Y'all need to listen to pacific northwest teens talk. The dialogue is for the most part shockingly accurate.
For someone like me, who didn't grow up with the English language, it is hard to see what is so bad about the dialogues. I think it fits well with the atmosphere of the game.

A-V-B

Lipsync's still below standard. I remember there being dialogue in Ep3 where Chloe's mouth wasn't even moving.

I try not to let it bother me too much though :p

Liberty4all

Banned
How long does each episode take to complete? I just finished the demo and have 10 bucks left ... Thinking about getting ep 1.

Really like it so far

So I just started looking into this game and was wondering if someone could summarize what it is in their experience so far. I've played games like Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, etc, would you say it's almost like a mashup between them all in terms of mechanics and story telling? Any differences between PS4 and Xbox One versions in performance/visuals? Any talk of a condensed full release after all the episodes are out?

I think it works better than heavy rain. Theres no awkward tank controls, the voice acting is better as is the story in general. Its not the best looking game ever, but it looks nice and it has a good sense of style.

Top Bottom