• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Costume for FFXIV:ARR

sublimit

Banned
Have mercy SE...please...
force-feed_616.jpg

Yeah. This may work out fine in Japan, but I have to wonder how much it will hurt the game globally.

Honestly if I hadn't heard of the comparison to a boy band I would have never thought anything of it. Now I can't unsee.

Thanks internet for ruining another game for me.

Parfait

Tactics, Ehrgeiz, those FF7 prequels... IDK.

Cloud was in Final Fantasy 7, Tactics, Ehrgeiz, Dirge of Cerberus, a movie, an anime ova, crisis core, and those fighting games on the psp I forget the name of.

Lighning's been in FF13, 13-2, Lightning Returns, Dissidia Duodeciem,, Parasite Eve The Third Birthday, and now XIV as a minor cameo and her costume. It's not even nearly a major part of XIV yet nerds are still getting mad over this, why? Do you guys not notice all the other FF stuff they shoved into XIV?

Edit: Ty for the corrections I didn't really pay attn much to the PSP games

vazel

Banned
I know FFXIV is going to have fan service for longtime FF fans but this is just stupid. Her outfit appearing in the game would've been ok but how are they going to explain Lightning herself appearing in Eorzea?

Kyon

Banned
Cloud was in Final Fantasy 7, Tactics, Ehrgeiz, Dirge of Cerberus, a movie, an anime ova, crisis core, and those fighting games on the psp I forget the name of.

Lighning's been in FF13, 13-2, Lightning Returns, and now XIV as a minor cameo and her costume. XIV is her first foray outside of a main canon game. It's not even nearly a major part of XIV yet nerds are still getting mad over this, why? Do you guys not notice all the other FF stuff they shoved into XIV?

You forgot Lightning was in Dissidia Duodecim and was shoved to the front over more relevant characters than her, made the main character even though her character was completely worthless and shit.

Next time I see Yoshida I'll throw something at him. :|

I assume someone higher up asked him to do it. I dunno.

----

I really can't believe they are doing this, though. So weird.

That said, the little taru/lalafell with Lightning's outfit on is hilarious.

Hey guys, at least it's the XIII outfit which was her best one, eh?

Whompa

You forgot Lightning was in Dissidia Duodecim and was shoved to the front over more relevant characters than her, made the main character even though her character was completely worthless and shit.

She was also in Third Birthday.

Silky

Banned

Lighning's been in FF13, 13-2, Lightning Returns, and now XIV as a minor cameo and her costume. XIV is her first foray outside of a main canon game. It's not even nearly a major part of XIV yet nerds are still getting mad over this, why? Do you guys not notice all the other FF stuff they shoved into XIV?

I think it's because people are curious as to how that effects the story. But much with like the other FF stuff in the game, those parts are probably non-canon. I wouldn't know, I haven't played much in the beta.

But that's at least something to assume, that, this isn't canon to XIV or XIII (I mean come on she's not even displaying her LR attire.)

SE's not that stupid to make her inclusion canon...unless they go the Cid route...and make her as ever-appearing and changing as Cid or a Moogle.

her first foray outside of a main canon game.

When will this madness end? Just let FF XIII and Lightning die. Please. For all our sakes!!

At this rate she'll end up as the end boss on FF XV. Calling it now

it's more funny than annoying as I won't be in to this stuff.

now put her in KH3 for added hilarity!

She's going to be in KH3.. There's just no way around it. It's like a 99.999% chance Lightning will be one of the new FF characters in that game. People better prepare for it!

Cloud was supposed to be in most of those things though and FF7 is and was far more loved than FF XIII and Lightning.

sublimit

Banned
So like it or not now i'll be forced to see Lightning again in my XIV...man i wish there was an option to make people running with Lightning outfits to be invisible in my game. :(

I'm seriously considering to not buy XIV now.

So like it or not now i'll be forced to see Lightning again in my XIV...man i wish there was an option to make people running with Lightning outfits to be invisible in my game. :(

I'm seriously considering to not buy XIV now.

C'mon, you know no one is actually going to wear that thing.

dark_chris

Gold Member
Geezuz christ. Come on!
LIghtning is an alright character but they make her off as the most significant character out there in the history of this series since Cloud. I dont get it.

At this rate, Square should just put battles from previous FF games from 12 below. I'd find it super fun and forgivable if they added a Kefka battle.

Top Bottom