• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Import Thread

The goddess....

btvm6Fn.png

Hedge

Sorta interested to watch this stream, but I'm on my phone. D:

Will I be able to watch it later?

Also, how's the time-aspect presented so far? Does it seem like he's got ample time to run around?

Faustek

Sorta interested to watch this stream, but I'm on my phone. D:

Will I be able to watch it later?

Also, how's the time-aspect presented so far? Does it seem like he's got ample time to run around?

Well it works on the Twitch app for Android(should work for iOS).

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Found some images

OZgUQrw.jpg

M5NmLgc.jpg

jUAMdla.jpg

Full or Quick installation
e1rQpdc.png

Don't recall seeing the above screen for synthesising abilities before.

U8Luvwy.jpg

Lightning Box

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
That lightning box is pretty insane. Now that is a LE worth spending money on if one is a fan of the trilogy.

Japan is good for things like that:)

When and if Perfo gets his we should be expecting more pictures :)

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Looking back at the Lightning Box, I realised that it comes with 3 CDs worth of soundtrack. Kind of cheap to not have the full soundtrack. I guess it makes sense to have a selection from each game and not just the full one for LR.

This will be my first time importing a game. I'm currently looking at $75.99 free shipping (up to 21 days) or $14.90 1-3 day shipping from Play Asia. Is this the norm for this type of thing or should i look elsewhere? To be honest the price is less than i imagined, though i cant decide if i want to pay for the expedited shipping.

This will be my first time importing a game. I'm currently looking at $75.99 free shipping (up to 21 days) or $14.90 1-3 day shipping from Play Asia. Is this the norm for this type of thing or should i look elsewhere? To be honest the price is less than i imagined, though i cant decide if i want to pay for the expedited shipping.

That's about right.
Expedited shipping one or two games from Asia will typically run $10-20 depending on location.

dramatis

It's dependent on how long you want to wait. If you really want to play it before Feb, I'd actually advise maybe waiting a bit longer to see if the price drops. $75.99 is cheap for a new release (from Play Asia) actually, so if you're willing to shell out the extra money to get faster shipping might as well. Usually they bump up the price if there's great demand.

Like I anticipated, my copy shipped while I was sleeping.
It's now Wednesday so I think it's fair to assume I may get it by Monday or Tuesday next week.

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
A personal note on the naming of these games.

FF XIII-2; the name implies a sequel but you can actually play it as a stand alone game. You don't really need to play XIII nor does XIII really need this one.
On the contrary, Lightning Returns is a direct sequel to XIII-2 (it's like XIII-2-2) but they don't name it FF XIII-3 cause they wanna make it sound like it's a stand alone game. And it's a horrible idea when it comes to brand recognition.

In retrospect, I would have named these games with a simple subtitle: FF XIII: The eyes of the Goddess & FF XIII: The Advent of God.

It would be a good idea for the inevitable FF XV sequels or spin-offs. Instead of FF XV-2, use a subtitle like FF XV: Avenging Noctis... or something.

Nice stream (didn't get to post last night).

The varying quality of textures is off putting. Some look great, but then others are like "WTF were they thinking?" Entire hallways look like smooth, shiny concrete until you get up close and are like "oh, that was SUPPOSED to be bricks" and then other places just look muddy. I would have preferred if they just made everything look the same even if that sacrificed all high quality textures. Seriously, some places have high, low, and medium quality textures all in the same shot. It gives the game a "thrown together at the last minute" look that doesn't do it any favors.

The combat looks pretty good. Looks like customization plays a heavy role, to which I am glad.

Toth

Wasn't there a Hard mode? Or do you need to beat the game to unlock it?

Nvm: yes, there is. You do indeed need to beat the game for it.

Toth

BTW watching the stream just a little, it seems any concerns about time running out are rather nil. He is constantly using the GP ability to stop time and allowing him to have PLENTY of time to explore the environments.

Goli

Downloadable version still not up on HK PSN despite it already being the release date there. -_- The silliest part is they added a page for the Disc version and some custom themes.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looks like I'll be streaming this game tomorrow hopefully. Fiance decided to get me a PS3 capture device.

Riposte

I think the final boss theme is pretty good. I like it more than that FFXIV ARR final boss battle music that Kagari posted. Neither of them tops Dancing Mad for me, though.

Maybe FFXV will have the best final battle music ever.

You mean when they recycled Behemoth's theme for the final boss (or perhaps it was the other way around)?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Finished the LR FATE in ARR (and n.3 and 4. were actually good stuff – even mobs from LR made an apperance!), got me so hyped with this game. I love Lightning, I must confess. Best char in the series evah T.T (her XIII Light!). Unmasked.

NOW SENTENCE ME TO DEATH! (and by doing so send me to Valhalla to meet her T.T)

Lain

Finished the LR FATE in ARR (and n.3 and 4. were actually good stuff – even mobs from LR made an apperance!), got me so hyped with this game. I love Lightning, I must confess. Best char in the series evah T.T (her XIII Light!). Unmasked.

NOW SENTENCE ME TO DEATH! (and by doing so send me to Valhalla to meet her T.T)

I'm a fan of yours, Mr. Toriyama! But Lightning is mine.

Time to subscribe to the thread, wanna watch that stream when you get the game Kagari.

Toth

I wonder when we have first week sales numbers. I am quite curious to see how this will do given the more exposure than XIII-2 had.

I wonder when we have first week sales numbers. I am quite curious to see how this will do given the more exposure than XIII-2 had.

Preorders in Japan are apparently well under half what XIII-2 had, which were already half of what XIII had. I don't think it would have mattered if LR was the single best JRPG in 20 years, it's fate of being the lowest selling XIII game was already set in stone. XIII was divisive and XIII-2 didn't bring people back into the fold as planned. Add that to it being just before a new console launch and... yeah.

Toth

Preorders in Japan are apparently well under half what XIII-2 had, which were already half of what XIII had. I don't think it would have mattered if LR was the single best JRPG in 20 years, it's fate of being the lowest selling XIII game was already set in stone. XIII was divisive and XIII-2 didn't bring people back into the fold as planned. Add that to it being just before a new console launch and... yeah.

Last I saw on game faqs, they were not half at all

linky: http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/67850742

with XIII-2 there was a huge backdrop in sales compared to XIII, and the pre-orders were already indicating this. XIII-2 got 365,000 pre-orders in the night before launch, when XIII had more than 1m.

> http://www.********.com/article/88620/the-japan-preview-121811-edition-vita-launch-ffxiii-2-launch/

It seems LR will not suffer that much, the pre-orders of the game are not that far of what XIII-2 had;

> http://gamrconnect.********.com/post.php?id=5807904

with 5 days remaining LR have 278,000 pre-orders and probably will reach 320,000 by the last day, so it will probably sell slightly less than XIII-2, but still a good amount.

This game also gives me a feeling that if it is good, it will create far better word of mouth, and perhaps bring more people back in.

zeopower6

Just where is your info coming from?

Asd202

It will sell less even in Japan. Heck it will have hard time reaching 1 million sales WW IMO and I mean sold to customers not shipped.

All of the armor looks really nice and sharp, wish this was on the PS4/One has well just to have less aliasing in the backgrounds. Looking forward to seeing more of the game and how all time elements come together.

Top Bottom