• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth only lists NG+ in premium editions of game (extra $15 and $40)

NanaMiku

I'm sure yongyea is going to post a ragebait video like he does with all his videos because that's his market/shtick for YouTube revenue and call out Sega on this, and not just write a pathetic tweet on X, by slightly sugarcoating and handwaving Sega on how NG+ paywalls are not okay and how he has a history of fighting this evil as the self-righteous savior of the games industry.
I don't know about video, but

xrnzaaas

I wonder if it's worth it to get all that bad press because of being too greedy and locking out existing mode. People still would've paid extra if NG+ wasn't a part of the deal, because you've got stuff like extra costumes (including swimsuits ;)).

I do hope Inifnite Wealth sells well despite the controversy, both the story and gameplay look very promising.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Pretty sick. I am so sick of scummy companies trying to monetize everything. I don't play many games 2x, but I have kids and in some cases giving them the new game + makes the game better for them because it reduces griding.

BWJinxing

Given how long this game will take to explore, I don't see new game plus as a deal breaker.

Heck, I launch kawamii 2 for the hostess game sometimes.

But I've not had the urge to do a ng+.

I do generally enjoy the Yakuza series, and shelled out for ultimate.

Rac3r

I still remember when Yakuza released a standard edition in a steelbook case and all the DLC was free. Then since the name changed to Like a Dragon, the monetization became worse than Ubishit.

Funny how the series started going downhill around 20-21, about the same time the name changes to 'Like a Dragon', debuts on Xbox/Game Pass (ridiculous next-gen exclusivity for Series X), and Nagoshi departs. Sega's greed is showing.

Hudo

Locking NG+ behind a paywall is shit. Sorry, Sega. I usually like the stuff you guys put out, but big fucking L move, right there.

xrnzaaas

Given how long this game will take to explore, I don't see new game plus as a deal breaker.

Heck, I launch kawamii 2 for the hostess game sometimes.

But I've not had the urge to do a ng+.

I do generally enjoy the Yakuza series, and shelled out for ultimate.
Yes and no. The game will likely still have "free" Premium Adventure so you'll be able to do a complete playthrough without paying extra for the higher versions.

On the other side it also seems that besides NG+ the base version lacks the option to choose a difficulty level - they're also a part of the Master Vacation Bundle. Which can suck on your first playthrough if you'll find the default setting too easy. I know that Legend mode was locked for most Yakuza's for the first playthrough, but it wasn't like that in all of them (I think Yakuza 6 had it from the start??).

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

I would never play NG+ on a Yakuza game but still this is some BS.

Also, its a damn shame Atlus were acquired by SEGA and not by a better publisher.

Phase

Johnny Depp Drinking GIF

DeVeAn

I knew it was time to worry when they changed the name in the west and that YongYea click bait fucker was involved.

No.....not like this

giphy.gif
I actually played 7 dubbed. It was pretty good. Can’t with this one because Kiryu sounds awful in English. Yeah SEGA of America got greedy with the NG+ and the rebrand seems to forget the OG fans played the the past 6 or more games. The low effort to cast a decent voice or even just use the original voice like they did in 7 is just wack. At least they ain’t charging extra for the Japanese language track, ugh forget I even mentioned that.

Top Bottom