• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth debuts Daniel Dae Kim's voice work and Danny Trejo's unforgettable face

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
GOTY 2024 coming super early, can't wait. The demo was so good already and Gaiden the perfect lead up to this (well, after 7, duh). But yes, play with the Japanese VA as God intended, duh, who cares who the english VA are.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I've never seen so much focus on voiceover actors, specifically for this series. The heck is going on?
What focus, it's a normal trailer, similar if not the same to a previous Japanese trailer, just dubbed in English (dubbing a common thing to do and advertise for all kinds of media as certain circles for some reason I don't get prefer it over subtitles).

Though this series in particular has had various famous people take part not just as VA but also their likeness and performances before (mostly Japanese actors but not only) so it's hardly the most prominent example in the series.
DuWXLBRW4AImKiQ

Also certain actresses or otherwise known ladies with their likeness, performance, or even real footage included, of course when anyone pays extra for someone known they mention it for hype in their circles.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

What focus, it's a normal trailer, similar if not the same to a previous Japanese trailer, just dubbed in English (dubbing a common thing to do and advertise for all kinds of media as certain circles for some reason I don't get prefer it over subtitles).

Though this series in particular has had various famous people take part not just as VA but also their likeness and performances before (mostly Japanese actors but not only) so it's hardly the most prominent example in the series.
DuWXLBRW4AImKiQ

Also certain actresses or otherwise known ladies with their likeness, performance, or even real footage included, of course when anyone pays extra for someone known they mention it for hype in their circles.

Yeah, the series right now always use famous actors for the characters.
Here's one from the latest game:

DeVeAn

The video is in English otherwise I personally don’t care since I’ve play this in Japanese for years.

Japanese VO is Kiryu at this point. Hard to hear any other voice. It’s a trend in the US to swap voices so often anyway. Sonic has had 50 voices and in Japan it’s still the same actor since the Dreamcast.

EDMIX

I've never seen so much focus on voiceover actors, specifically for this series. The heck is going on?
huh?

Soooooo I think you need to look back at when the very first game was released.

None of this is new.

So..no disrespect, the question should not be what "the heck is going on", it should be do you even know this series to pose this question?

Keep in mind, I've heard this before, folks asking questions, yet failing to even look up if this has occurred in the past.

So nothing is going on any different then any other Yakuza.

Thats it..

Hudo

Holy fucking shit YongYea's voice acting doesn't fit at all. Oh god...

I really liked the English dub of Like A Dragon. But man, I might play this one in Japanese, depending on how frequent Kiryu is on screen (and as he is depicted as a party member, he probably has a lot of screen time). Fuck, man...
The fuck are you doing Sega (of America/of Europe)?

NanaMiku

Holy fucking shit YongYea's voice acting doesn't fit at all. Oh god...

I really liked the English dub of Like A Dragon. But man, I might play this one in Japanese, depending on how frequent Kiryu is on screen (and as he is depicted as a party member, he probably has a lot of screen time). Fuck, man...
The fuck are you doing Sega (of America/of Europe)?
Well, with the newest trailer, it seems Kiryu will have pretty big screentime

StereoVsn

Sega’s 4D chess move is to get most players to play in Japanese Dub so they can kill off English dub for future games. 😉

Fbh

Kiryu: Trying to stay out of the spotlight and not stand out for story reason
Also Kiryu: Goes with hairstyle that will instantly attract attention when worn by a 50 years old dude.

Top Bottom