• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth | Launching January 26th 2024 | Was that Virtua Fighter 3? Danny Trejo?

El Muerto

I'm so fucking ready
hmOXIY3.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This looks amazing. I started the series with Like A Dragon (and have since played through about 75% of Judgment). Have the new Gaiden pre-ordered from Asia. Definitely getting this!

Comandr

HO-LY SHIT. I just watched the gameplay trailer. I've done a replay of 0-7 this year in prep, and I'm really trying to avoid any unnecessary spoilers with 8's story trailer. I can't believe how much there is in this game. I am over the fuckin moon with excitement. Sujimon battles killed me.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
HO-LY SHIT. I just watched the gameplay trailer. I've done a replay of 0-7 this year in prep, and I'm really trying to avoid any unnecessary spoilers with 8's story trailer. I can't believe how much there is in this game. I am over the fuckin moon with excitement. Sujimon battles killed me.
that's a lot of yakuza in one year. i feel like i can play one of these games every 2-3 years

diffusionx

Gold Member
The games aren't that long. Maybe 20ish hours for the story. You're saying it would take you 16-24 years to play through the series? Jesus.

they're all so similar, except for y7, which still used the same setting. so yea i will never play through all these games.

the new setting for this new one does look nice though.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
The Deliveroo mini game is a mix if Crazy Taxi and Top Skater.

Comandr

they're all so similar, except for y7, which still used the same setting. so yea i will never play through all these games.

the new setting for this new one does look nice though.
Oh man. What a shame. Getting to experience Kiryu's story over all these games, him passing the torch to Ichiban. The ups, the downs, the side quests and little stories, the reoccurring characters - The whole journey has absolutely been one of the biggest highlights in my long gaming history. Kiryu performing Tonight in any of the later games hits so much different after playing through 0 and 1. The absolute gut churning PTSD I feel whenever I hear So Much More!.. I am so glad I can look back on all of these experiences.

The Deliveroo mini game is a mix if Crazy Taxi and Top Skater.

The delivery game was bringing big Crazy Taxi energy and I am HERE for it.

Last edited:

graywolf323

what an absolutely insane ~8 day period for RPGs with this, Persona 3 Remake, and GranBlue all launching and then ~4 weeks after that is FFVII: Rebirth 😵

Comandr

Welp fuck me I guess. I'm scrolling through my Google News feed and there's a major spoiler from the story trailer in a headline from thegamer.com. I've never even been to that website. Guess I'll watch the story trailer and just be mad.

YCoCg

Welp fuck me I guess. I'm scrolling through my Google News feed and there's a major spoiler from the story trailer in a headline from thegamer.com. I've never even been to that website. Guess I'll watch the story trailer and just be mad.
I hate when websites do this, like yeah RGG showed it themselves but even during the live stream there was hundreds of people shouting "SPOILERS!" and asking "why show this in the trailer??" Since there was a lot of big story points revealed but especially THAT one about a certain character.

Ozrimandias

I'm so mad I saw the trailer, they didn't hold anything back. The plot twists and mysteries are a fundamental part of the saga, why the hell did they show at least 4 scenes that could have been not only surprising in the game but also are crucial...aghh I want to go back in time For the love of God, DON'T WATCH THE DAMN TRAILER, DON'T WATCH THE DAMN TRAILER.

Comandr

I'm so mad I saw the trailer, they didn't hold anything back. The plot twists and mysteries are a fundamental part of the saga, why the hell did they show at least 4 scenes that could have been not only surprising in the game but also are crucial...aghh I want to go back in time For the love of God, DON'T WATCH THE DAMN TRAILER, DON'T WATCH THE DAMN TRAILER.
I pussied out. I'll take my shitty headline and keep away from the story trailer. I'm sorry this happened to you but your reaction kept it from happening to me.

Labadal

Keeping it spoiler free, but it seems to me like we might have two parties at some point, like some of us expected.

Bry0

Combat looks like a decent improvement over 7. I don’t love the turn based but I still enjoyed the game overall so I’m down for another. Hawaii looks super cool. And with gaiden coming too I’m pretty dang happy to play both so close together.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Read they are making New Game + into DLC, hope that isn't true.
I'm on the fence but actually kind of okay with this - especially if they change up some of the story beats or remix the game in some sort of cool way.

The previous game's New Game+ was... pretty lame. Cool, I get to run around town in my battle costume... and there's a slightly harder version of the final dungeon I can rush to...

bender

What time is it?
Just saw the pre-orders on PSN.

Regular: $69.99
Deluxe: $84.99
Ultimate: $109.99

We are getting into Ubisoft territory with those pricing tiers.

stn

Not that I've been to Hawaii or anything, but how come the streets in the game look like the streets in Japan, lolz. Day one, looking forward to this and Gaiden.

Bridges

Heh. I like how the Japanese handle these stories. I want to binge this series. They simply keep making so many of them!
Start as soon as you can. I started with Yakuza 0 during the Pandemic and have been trying to catch up, but I still have Like A Dragon, Ishin! and Lost Judgment left before Gaiden and then this. Playing the series is a massive undertaking and you need to space them out a bit too to avoid burnout.

Couldn't recommend it enough though. You'll have a lot of fun.

Synless

Why is Kiryu in this game as a playable character? I thought that dude retired.

I was good with his cameo in LaD 7, but this seems too much.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Why is Kiryu in this game as a playable character? I thought that dude retired.

I was good with his cameo in LaD 7, but this seems too much.
Initially, they were never planning to actually retire him, just have him appear in another way. Besides, he didn't really have a happy conclusion and it's a bit difficult to separate him from Ichi.

This one might be it though if you watch the story trailer.

Last edited:

F31 Leopard

Not that I've been to Hawaii or anything, but how come the streets in the game look like the streets in Japan, lolz. Day one, looking forward to this and Gaiden.
I'm from Hawai'i and Waikiki is structured similar to some places in Japan. Also Japanese culture is heavily influenced here due to the high amount of Japanese immigrants from sugar plantation workers. We celebrate a lot of Japanese customs. 40% of the population here is Asian which Japanese used to be the the largest. Filipino immigrants just recently past them. Don Quijote has 3 locations and they also bought out a local Hawai'i grocery store chain.
We have tons of Japanese Okazuyas, restaurants, stores etc. For international tourists Japanese make up the largest group of visitors they come in 2nd overall.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I'm from Hawai'i and Waikiki is structured similar to some places Japan. Also Japanese culture is heavily influenced here due to the high amount of Japanese immigrants from sugar plantation workers. We celebrate a lot of Japanese customs. 40% of the population here is Asian which Japanese used to be the the largest. Filipino immigrants just recently past them. Don Quijote has 3 locations and they also bought out a local Hawai'i grocery store chain.
We have tons of Japanese Okazuyas, restaurants, stores etc. For international tourists Japanese make up the largest group of visitors they come in 2nd overall.
Yeah, one of the criteria for an international city was where Japanese could reside and Hawaii fits the bill

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Anyone know why Infinite Wealth is getting a physical release but The Man Who Sold His Name isn't?

F31 Leopard

Yeah, one of the criteria for an international city was where Japanese could reside and Hawaii fits the bill
I forgot to mention we also have Japanese hostess bars too. I don't know about now because of covid. We still have Korean hostess bars. Mayor from Big Island got caught spending tax payer money.

I've seen a lot of politicians, lawyers, doctors, union bosses in hostess bars when I used to go.

Last edited:

stn

I'm from Hawai'i and Waikiki is structured similar to some places in Japan. Also Japanese culture is heavily influenced here due to the high amount of Japanese immigrants from sugar plantation workers. We celebrate a lot of Japanese customs. 40% of the population here is Asian which Japanese used to be the the largest. Filipino immigrants just recently past them. Don Quijote has 3 locations and they also bought out a local Hawai'i grocery store chain.
I would've never guessed that. Blew my mind. Thanks!

Top Bottom