• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth | Launching January 26th 2024 | Was that Virtua Fighter 3? Danny Trejo?

YCoCg

Latest RGG Summit just wrapped up and had a whole ass info dump on Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth, aka Yakuza 8 to most people, the Story trailer features heavy spoilers so I'd advise skipping that and going into the Gameplay Trailer instead (though that has some character spoilers too). Dub cast confirmed that Danny Trejo and Daniel Dae Kim are voicing major characters in the game and the release date has been revealed, it's January 26th 2024!

YukiOnna

Ahh so she'll be on Kiryu's side...
image.png

StereoVsn

Those are some great trailers. I am going to start FFVIIR first, bit definitely will be grabbing this game down the line.

And I am getting Gaiden physical which I probably won't even get to before this game releases so no hurry really.

Day 1 for Ichiban is what I WANT to say

But that overly informative trailer with its twists and reveals showed that just about everyone I care about in the whole yakuza universe is along for the ride

just whet my appetite next time okay fellas

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Much sooner than expected. May need a refresher before playing this as I beat Like a Dragon over a year ago.

I had to stop that 10 minute video though. Way too much to show. I'm all in as is and don't need any more or the game spoiled.

SCB3

Fuck me thats early.
Yea I was expecting Summer at the earliest, I wonder if this will be on Game Pass Day 1, I liked the last game a lot (I really need to go play the rest of the Yakuza series, only played Zero and LAD if were not counting Judgement)

Metnut

I’m really looking forward to this but the release date is so odd. They have another Yakuza game coming out only a few months before this one. I def want to play the kiyru game before this so I probably won’t be able to get into this before launch.

Also still have to play BG3 at some point in 2024. First world problems for Metnut!

Hugare

Have yet to finish Yakuza 7 (and Judgement ... and Lost Judgement)

This looks incredible. The amount of content is overwhelming, so I always end up droping these games.

Yakuza is the only franchise that despite not having played many (only 0 to completion) I want all the success in the world for it

I'm honestly super skeptical on these two upcoming games, there has just been so much change at the studio and frankly I think the fact they are dragging Kiryu back is troubling (normally I'd consider that a sign of lacking confidence and new ideas).

That said I have The Man Who Erased His Name preordered on Playasia and I will be preordering this as soon as I can too :messenger_grinning_sweat: Just trying not too overhype myself going in.

Chukhopops

Incredible trailer with everything I loved about the previous Ichiban episode. I will pass on Gaiden for now as this seems a lot more appealing.

Absolutely Day 1, looks like Rebirth will have to wait a couple months.

Top Bottom