• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Like a one man human centipede"

Dylx

After playing a brief game of NBA 2k14 I quit and inserted my battlefield 4 disk. The system prompted for an update, so while watching the progress bar (Around 20%) my controller light turned from blue to white. Hasn't worked since...

Get those extended warranties ready! and SCEA on speed dial!

**UPDATE**
Went thru a number of "fixes" with customer service and none of them worked. They are shipping me a box to get the unit serviced.
Safe Mode on the console no longer works.

**UPDATE** 2

For shits and giggles, swapped the hard drive for a fresh one, that also didn't work.

**UPDATE** 3 I AM NOT THE TWITCH GUY!!!!, also the hdd trick didnt work for me.

t3MHnEY.gif

It broke already? Wat

Did you already have the day 1 update active?

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
After playing a brief game of NBA 2k14 I quit and inserted my battlefield 4 disk. The system prompted for an update, so while watching the progress bar (Around 20%) my controller light turned from blue to white. Hasn't worked since...

Uh oh. Hope mine is OK.

DieH@rd

Banned

Did you tried to start up console in recovery mode? Hold power button for ~8 seconds.

You can download 1.50 update on PC, put it on USB stick and load it in recovery mode. Recovery [safe] mode maybe even has option for wiping current account and OS. Possibly its called "Initialize console".

Seanspeed

Banned

Nah. Just gonna need some Day 1 patching, probably.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Have you tried downloading the update to a USB drive and then booting into safe mode to install it?

PJV3

I am gonna stay in this thread and argue with anybody who denies this could be a serious problem.

I guess it determined you weren't ready for Greatness?

Pop

So instead of reading the boot up screen, where it says to download the system update, you just decide to start a game up.

I ain't buying this

Top Bottom