• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like all of us, Kratos needed to grow up sometime.

Silent Duck

The article should have been titled “Reeee: the Dissertation of a Eunuch”.

lHIesBM.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just wanted to pop in and say that God of War 1 and 2 are really good games. Played them both for the first time recently. I've extensively played DMC, Ninja Gaiden, and Bayonetta. Yes they are fantastic (well maybe not so much Bayo), but God of War is great in its own right. The QTEs are not intrusive, they are fluidly incorporated into the combat which maintains its aggressive rhythm at all times.

Can't wait to get around to GoW3 and 2018.

Jigsaah

Gold Member

The cure for toxic masculinity is growth, as the ascendant new God of War franchise demonstrates. It doesn’t rewrite its history, and neither should we. You shouldn’t ignore the shameful shit you did in your past; if you’ve grown, you should lean in to the contrast and be able to say that’s not who you are anymore. And if you’re lucky enough to be a father, you have to show your child it is not only possible, but necessary, to grow.

As Kratos says, we must be better.
Not sure if you are aware, but grown men still like boobies...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wait... But didn't he need to go back to how he was towards the end because it was needed?

Stuart360

Kratos is a viideogame character, he's not real, and shouldnt be held up to 'real life' views. There was nothing wrong with his character in the older games, given the story and world he inhabited, if anything he should of been worse really,
Pussying down characters like Kratos is NOT a thing to be applauded, whether you care about it or not. It may only be a tiny step, but these steps get bigger and bigger, and 20 years from now Kratos is nursing old people back to health in a nursing home.
Also the games are adult rated games, they are made for adults. If as an adult, you like being preached to and treat like a child, well the current world is right for you.

As for the person who said they should of made it more like DMC with the new one, yeah i kind of agree, at least we could still of had the older style gameplay, but with a new 3rd person camera. Its not like we needed another slow walking 3rd person Sony game. GOW3 will always be the pinnacle for me. That opening hour was more epic than anything in the reboot.

He had sex with womyn and didn't explicitly asked if he could fuck them beforehand because he is not on the spectrum and can read body language.

If that is Jaffe's reason to call it misogynistic then it should apply to GoW 1 as well.

Last edited:

njean777

Oh I don't mind him growing up, but the shitty combat and camera can go fuck off. I played about 15 hours of the new one and finally had enough then just looked up what happened (story wise). Make better combat and a camera and we will be back in business.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
I don’t know, am I?

One thing I do know however, is that people calling abortion murder gives me the creeps.

At what point does killing a baby become murder in your opinion?

on topic god of war 2 was best one but to give jaffe credit killing ares was pretty dope

LordKasual

Banned
Do people really think the media is out to destroy their masculinity?

You'd think men turning gay and having their balls chopped off was some kind of rampant affliction with the way some of you people act.

If your manhood is so fragile that it can be challenged by Sony making Kratos raise a son, then i seriously fear for some of you guys' futures. This amount of insecurity should be considered clinical.

Here's a more interesting question:

What's the fundamental difference between a growing fetus and a parasite?

Last edited:

Woodchipper

I pretty much agree with the written law, which is after it’s born. Before that it’s child destruction (Unborn fetuses older than 24 weeks) and before that it’s abortion. Child destruction is not something pregnant women usually does to themselves though, so what we’re talking about here is abortion.

Barakov

The cure for toxic masculinity is growth, as the ascendant new God of War franchise demonstrates. It doesn’t rewrite its history, and neither should we. You shouldn’t ignore the shameful shit you did in your past; if you’ve grown, you should lean in to the contrast and be able to say that’s not who you are anymore. And if you’re lucky enough to be a father, you have to show your child it is not only possible, but necessary, to grow.

As Kratos says, we must be better.

lTYLpz7.jpg

ExpandKong

Banned
Here's a more interesting question:

What's the fundamental difference between a growing fetus and a parasite?

Found the edgy 15 year old.

I pretty much agree with the written law, which is after it’s born. Before that it’s child destruction (Unborn fetuses older than 24 weeks) and before that it’s abortion. Child destruction is not something pregnant women usually does to themselves though, so what we’re talking about here is abortion.

Ah okay, so if she goes in there at 23 weeks and 6 days it’s abortion and all good, but if she goes in there 24 hours later it’s “child destruction.”

But that’s all moot in your eyes anyway because the day before she goes into labor it’s still fair game right? At that point what’s the difference between a day before and a day after?

Is it the passage through the birth canal that bestows humanity upon a child? Is it the legal documentation in the form of a birth certificate? Can an argument be made that drowning a five month old in a bathtub is just “child destruction?” What difference is five months right?

MrA

I don’t know, am I?

One thing I do know however, is that people calling abortion murder gives me the creeps.
Calling a spade a spade gives you the creeps? Mass murderer 101 is calling the victim not human, but hey scrambling the brain of a defenseless voiceless human in the name of pleasure and irresponsibility is somehow the moral high ground

Woodchipper

Found the edgy 15 year old.

Ah okay, so if she goes in there at 23 weeks and 6 days it’s abortion and all good, but if she goes in there 24 hours later it’s “child destruction.”

But that’s all moot in your eyes anyway because the day before she goes into labor it’s still fair game right? At that point what’s the difference between a day before and a day after?

Is it the passage through the birth canal that bestows humanity upon a child? Is it the legal documentation in the form of a birth certificate? Can an argument be made that drowning a five month old in a bathtub is just “child destruction?” What difference is five months right?
You have to draw a line somewhere, and 24 weeks is what scientists have found out to be reasonable.

Do you seriously not understand the concept of birth?

Going by your logic a guy using a condom and ejaculates in it is a murderer of millions. Are you saying condoms and masturbation should be prohibited? Yet, a women who is raped and gets pregnant should not be allowed abortion? Yes, I’m putting words in your mouth, just like you do with me.

Terenty

I cant even translate "toxic masculinity" in russian. Thank God this degeneracy mainly exists in the west so far

Geki-D

Banned
If that is Jaffe's reason to call it misogynistic then it should apply to GoW 1 as well.
I'd assume it would have more to do with the "Poseidon's Princess" who is pretty much Poseidon's rape slave. When Kratos meets her (as she cries to be saved from her plight), he pushes her around handcuffed, keeps her alive only to use her as a wedge for a door mechanism at which point, when Kratos gets past she is crushed to death. In the original PS3 version there was a trophy after she dies called "I didn't do it... But I wish I did! " which obviously refers to fucking the skimpy dressed, big boobed rape victim. It was removed in the PS4 version.

I imagine Jaffe may be referring to this 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

GymWolf

He had sex with womyn and didn't explicitly asked if he could fuck them beforehand because he is not on the spectrum and can read body language.
he also kills a shitload of FEMALE monster creatures because they want to rip his face off, how he dares?
Prova-God-of-War-GIF.gif

Gargus

Banned
At this point whether it be an article on a website or a thread created on a forum, if I see "toxic" mentioned I immediately stop reading and lose total interest.

It's one of those common words that when I see the word I stop reaing6, post a common that doesn't feed into the word and simply move on without reading or clicking anything.

I'd assume it would have more to do with the "Poseidon's Princess" who is pretty much Poseidon's rape slave. When Kratos meets her (as she cries to be saved from her plight), he pushes her around handcuffed, keeps her alive only to use her as a wedge for a door mechanism at which point, when Kratos gets past she is crushed to death. In the original PS3 version there was a trophy after she dies called "I didn't do it... But I wish I did! " which obviously refers to fucking the skimpy dressed, big boobed rape victim. It was removed in the PS4 version.

I imagine Jaffe may be referring to this 🤷‍♂️

I guess that can be but Kratos is like that with everyone irrespective of whether they are male, female, human, god or monster so him just separating that out wouldn't be fair. He does cruel and brutal things to females in GoW 1 and 2 as well.

If someone talks to him on twitter or any other ways, could you please ask him why he said that?

Geki-D

Banned
I guess that can be but Kratos is like that with everyone irrespective of whether they are male, female, human, god or monster so him just separating that out wouldn't be fair. He does cruel and brutal things to females in GoW 1 and 2 as well.
Sure but he could be referring to the game as whole rather than just Kratos' character. That throphy has nothing to do with Kratos but was pretty edgy.
If someone talks to him on twitter or any other ways, could you please ask him why he said that?
He hasn't been online for some time but we can try here?
Hey yo, davidjaffe davidjaffe ! You wanna clear this up? Also if you do drop on by, I saw you said in that Twitter thread (or whatever they're called) that you think "sexist" & "misogynistic" aren't the same thing. Would you say GoW1 was maybe sexist then, but not misogynistic but GoW3 is, probably both?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Sure but he could be referring to the game as whole rather than just Kratos' character. That throphy has nothing to do with Kratos but was pretty edgy.

He hasn't been online for some time but we can try here?
Hey yo, davidjaffe davidjaffe ! You wanna clear this up? Also if you do drop on by, I saw you said in that Twitter thread (or whatever they're called) that you think "sexist" & "misogynistic" aren't the same thing. Would you say GoW1 was maybe sexist then, but not misogynistic but GoW3 is, probably both?

How is GoW3 either?

Top Bottom