• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lily Bergamo details and screens

Dascu

Deep Down, Yakuza Ishin, Lily Bergamo, Knack?, MGSV and FFXV.

Looks like Japan has a lot to look forward to.

And it seems Suda51 might finally make a good game again
Curious, why do you think so? We have damn zero information, other that it's going to be yet another hack-n-slash game.

Some Nobody

It won't be good. Better to accept that now than carry false hope he might finally deliver a good game.

There are a ton of people who would disagree with you. I have no opinion; have never played his games before.

Did anyone read the article? Apparently the smartphone component is some separate stuff. AND it sounds like we won't see it until 2015. "It'll be playable at the next TGS". Well, I can cross that off the list of games I have to figure out how to fund for next year.

nib95

Banned
Nice cutscene
cg
screens, what does the game look like?

Definitely not CG. You can tell from the broken pieces of concrete. They're pretty low geometry and have visible texturing.

Question is whether it's in-game or some vamped up in-engine cut scene.

def sim

The screenshots looked great, but man did the description turn me off.

“We want you to play for a long time,” “This is the epitome of action gaming,” and “The growth component is perfect.”

It almost sounds like an online, multiplayer game with a progression system.

Gogo_ZvC

wrestlg-WWE-in-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-947.gif

Oh lawd, that art style. Reminds me of Crimson Tears. Day 1.

viveks86

Definitely not CG. You can tell from the broken pieces of concrete. They're pretty low geometry and have visible texturing.

I'm voting for in-engine cut scene. I hope I'm wrong. In either case, I'm going to be busy taking screenshots every 5 seconds.

Violater

Have mercy I wish, though I can't imagine an actual game mechanic that could do that artwork justice.

I refuse to believe those are in-game screens.

If they are though then the line between anime (especially CG assisted anime) and in game graphics is pretty much blurred. Love SUDA 51 stuff so this is definitely one of my most wanted right now... style reminds me of Gravity Rush.

It would be nice if those shots were in-game. Doubt it, though.

... Huh? It's just concrete. I don't think that's enough to go on to confirm/deny as to whether those screens are in-game/in-engine.

Suda is the Peter Molyneux of Japan.

His games never quite meet expectations, but he tries really damn hard.

Molyneux is a boob who surrounds himself with brilliant people. Suda is a brilliant dude who surrounds himself with boobs.

I too, see the similarity. :)

I actually think they're both pretty cool, smart cats.

LuuKyK

Whoa, looks mighty impressive if thats really in-game. Curious about this one, even if Suda hasn't really impressed me with his games lately.

I'm going to......get. your. life.

:lol

I remember that, too good. Bow down to translator-chan and her incredible narration abilities.

Haunted

Remember when we were all impressed and hyped by the first Killer is Dead screenshots and trailers?

Yeah. :/

I consider myself a Suda fan, but Grasshopper's been really hit and miss lately.

Hyunashi

Doesn't the PS4 now have the highest number of online only games on any of the next gen consoles?

I certainly didn't see that coming a few months ago....

Well for F2P games (which I believe are the majority of these online games) specifically it seems Sony's policies are much more favorable than MS, which is why publishers are coming to Sony. Look what happened with SE and them not bringing FF14 to the bone/360.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
GameInformer had a chance to interview Suda before TGS started:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/09/19/suda51-discusses-next-gen-and-emotional-multiplayer-relationships.aspx

On the topic of the next generation of consoles, Suda is confident we’ll see a rise in open-world games thanks to the improved hardware.

“Definitely open world is going to be a key part, because potentially everything could become open world,” Suda says. “Next-gen will take us beyond the current open world experience. Now that GTA V has been released I think that will be the indicator of what is capable and all kinds of things we can think of. I’m really looking forward to that. “

Top Bottom