• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They are certainly not small after Steins;Gate and Chaos;Child.

I still don't think of them as big, myself. A couple popular games, not that they have a huge catalog of games published, but they sure aren't Namco, Capcom, SE, etc.

Like, dare I say, Adventures of Mana?

Why not but there's so much more. Fez, Spelunky, Sound Shapes (I know sony so lol not happening),

Also met my friend who had my LRG stuff. I basically received 15 vita + 8 PS4 games today from LRG through months of using my friend's address. lol. will post a pic tom,orrw.

Shizuka

Another update regarding my ongoing struggle with LRG: I finally opened the package today and it’s missing Dariusburst. I included it on my invoice when I asked to ship all my held games, it was missing from the invoice the second time they shipped the package and despite contacting customer service to let them know it wasn’t listed, they assured me it was safely arriving with the other games.

So yeah, don’t use the hold shipment service, it’s completely not worth the hassle. Not only did I spend twice as much as I would’ve spent had I had every game shipped separately, but nothing will compensate the headaches I’m getting trying to get everything sorted out.

oldmario

Another update regarding my ongoing struggle with LRG: I finally opened the package today and it’s missing Dariusburst. I included it on my invoice when I asked to ship all my held games, it was missing from the invoice the second time they shipped the package and despite contacting customer service to let them know it wasn’t listed, they assured me it was safely arriving with the other games.

So yeah, don’t use the hold shipment service, it’s completely not worth the hassle. Not only did I spend twice as much as I would’ve spent had I had every game shipped separately, but nothing will compensate the headaches I’m getting trying to get everything sorted out.

did you try messaging doug or josh on twitter? they usually reply within a couple hours

I’m sure his has been asked but couldn’t find anything so far, but is there any way to tell the difference between the PS4 and Vita versions of the Ys Collectors Edition? My brother just got his PS4 one and he said there’s nothing on the box that states which version it is and both versions look identical in pictures. He doesn’t have his Vita one yet to confirm but is there a sticker or anything on the Vita version?

Edit: we’re both keeping ours sealed so that’s where the question comes from. Obviously opening it would provide the answer.

If your Ys CE shipped, pay attention to the tracking - the delivery time is much quicker than usual, possibly because it's a CE. It was outside my front door since yesterday. Good thing I checked, because I wasn't expecting it until next week! *Whew*

Pros:

+ The big cardboard box is absolutely gorgeous.

+ It's packaged really well and protected with bubblewrap - definitely more of a TLC approach compared to most LRG releases.

+ The case art on the reversible side is beautiful (mine shipped with the "ugly" side facing up).

Cons:

- The big cardboard box is hard to open, so be careful.

- THIS is the artbook. To say I'm massively disappointed would be an understatement. The art itself is nice, but this looks like a glorified instructional manual. In no way was this worth the premium price they asked for it. As awesome as the big cardboard box is, it's just paper. I was hoping for a much better artbook, but we never got any pics or info about it, so I really should have known better. This was my first LRG CE. I will never waste my time with another LRG CE ever again, which is probably for the best because they're overpriced and a pain in the ass to snag anyway. I'll stick to the standard editions only from now on.

QoGzbgX.jpg

Looks like a real lackluster and a quick way to cash in. :(
Was there anything else included in the Collector's Edition?
It also came with a foldout poster, which you can kinda see under the book in my pic. The poster is very nice, other than being folded, but I knew it would be that way before I bought the CE.

There's no manual, but the inside of the regular PS4 case does have a tiny little insert, maybe 2-4 pages, with - I think - more art (I didn't really look at it too carefully).

As beautiful as the big outer box is, this really feels like it was meant for "collectors" who never crack open their games, because what's inside the package is disappointing, lackluster, and certainly not worth the extra money (I don't mean the game itself - which I haven't played yet - just the CE items).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If your Ys CE shipped, pay attention to the tracking - the delivery time is much quicker than usual, possibly because it's a CE. It was outside my front door since yesterday. Good thing I checked, because I wasn't expecting it until next week! *Whew*

Pros:

+ The big cardboard box is absolutely gorgeous.

+ It's packaged really well and protected with bubblewrap - definitely more of a TLC approach compared to most LRG releases.

+ The case art on the reversible side is beautiful (mine shipped with the "ugly" side facing up).

Cons:

- The big cardboard box is hard to open, so be careful.

- THIS is the artbook. To say I'm massively disappointed would be an understatement. The art itself is nice, but this looks like a glorified instructional manual. In no way was this worth the premium price they asked for it. As awesome as the big cardboard box is, it's just paper. I was hoping for a much better artbook, but we never got any pics or info about it, so I really should have known better. This was my first LRG CE. I will never waste my time with another LRG CE ever again, which is probably for the best because they're overpriced and a pain in the ass to snag anyway. I'll stick to the standard editions only from now on.

QoGzbgX.jpg

As someone who collects all the Japanese LEs... this looks pretty standard for the price.

As someone who collects all the Japanese LEs... this looks pretty standard for the price.
It was my first LRG CE, and it will probably be my last. Lesson learned. LRG not showing any pics or info about the CE contents ahead of time was a major red flag, so I have only myself to blame. I looked at the CE purchase as a gamble, so it is what it is. I'll stick to LRG standard editions from now on, which have always been an excellent value for the price, unlike this CE (IMO).

Clive

I’m sure his has been asked but couldn’t find anything so far, but is there any way to tell the difference between the PS4 and Vita versions of the Ys Collectors Edition? My brother just got his PS4 one and he said there’s nothing on the box that states which version it is and both versions look identical in pictures. He doesn’t have his Vita one yet to confirm but is there a sticker or anything on the Vita version?

Edit: we’re both keeping ours sealed so that’s where the question comes from. Obviously opening it would provide the answer.

Weight maybe, unless there is some sort of serial number on the box. A manual-less PS4 blu-ray case plus disc should weigh ~78g while one for the Vita is maybe ~45g. It would of course require you have a good kitchen scale or something like that for the method to work.

I haven't been following that closely, did it seem like enough people were interested when they mentioned the Sega CD/long box case printing idea? Have they mentioned it since?

Weevilone

I haven't been following that closely, did it seem like enough people were interested when they mentioned the Sega CD/long box case printing idea? Have they mentioned it since?

Josh seemed to tweet that it was happening in some capacity. It's crazy to me.. was good riddance when those stupid things went away.

I still remember standing at the Toyr-R-Us counter opening a Saturn game (repeatedly) in hopes of finding a copy that wasn't scratched to hell from rattling around pre-foam insert.

chashodges

Neo Member
Got notification last night that all my hold orders have shipped. Depending on how this goes I may just release my other smaller hold order (from Ys onwards) early and then start paying to have them sent as and when they release.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, Shiz.

Chesskid1

Banned

just in case you havent been answered

i received mine today and there is a PSV sticker on it.

also, i can hear everything slide around in the box if i rotate it. so annoying.

Chesskid1

Banned
You're hearing the art "book" and poster - the game should be securely packaged inside the box (at least it was for the PS4 version).

yeah, what a terrible first impression. I've never seen a CE where you can feel everything bouncing around before. I decided I would pick between Ys Lacrimosa CE or this and decided to pick LRG, i really messed up haha.

on the plus side, i'm definitely going to open it because of the bouncing.

Semoreh

yeah, what a terrible first impression. I've never seen a CE where you can feel everything bouncing around before. I decided I would pick between Ys Lacrimosa CE or this and decided to pick LRG, i really messed up haha.

All Indieboxes were like that too and I've always hated it ^^'

hawk2025

Oh, man.

Never look up what the Lacrimosa CE looks like! :p

Regarding LRG big boxes... Agreed with everyone. Either shrink the boxes or create cardbox custom sizing for the innards. Bouncing around is just not good enough.

Yea please dont ever look at unboxing pics of the Ys 8 CE lol. It maybe the best JP game CE ever imo.

I got shipping notification for my hold order today. Well, some of it. I got notification for Ys; Asdivine Hearts & Oceanhorn via e-mail and the rest are marked as fulfilled on the website (but I can't remember if they were like that before?)

Also my Skullgirls/Volume order is marked as "partially" fulfilled because I added Volume to my hold order so I'm hoping they've got everything right.

I got shipping notification for my hold order today. Well, some of it. I got notification for Ys; Asdivine Hearts & Oceanhorn via e-mail and the rest are marked as fulfilled on the website (but I can't remember if they were like that before?)

Also my Skullgirls/Volume order is marked as "partially" fulfilled because I added Volume to my hold order so I'm hoping they've got everything right.

You didn't forget to uncheck the "I want the Full Shizuka Experience (FSE)" checkbox, did you? ;-)

NDPsycho

I wish I could relate. 22 days now since I got my shipping notice and it still isn't past label printed. Who's ass do I need to kiss to not always be one of the last shipped? Foreign orders get delivered before I normally even ship.

I wish I could relate. 22 days now since I got my shipping notice and it still isn't past label printed. Who's ass do I need to kiss to not always be one of the last shipped? Foreign orders get delivered before I normally even ship.

Yeah pretty lame you get a shipping notification and then it doesn't ship. Like ummmmm what. It's been weeks now. Poor idea there Limited Run.

Top Bottom