• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

ephemeral

If anyone missed out on Saturday Morning RPG - reminder that we've got 30 copies on Vita and 30 on PS4 going up at random times today in a bundle with the vinyl.

Also, we just announced that we're doing a boxed PC release of Suda 51, Playism, and Grasshopper Manufacture's The Silver Case HD. We're stoked about this one - will be an old school big box release with physical game install disc and some nice physical goodies (comic book, soundtrack, manuals). Obviously, this will open more doors in Japan so it's great progress. :)

Will it be shown under the Games tab?

blacksark

Didn't manage to get a smrpg vita copy :( and is the only game I'm missing. Also the website has performed pretty bad since it showed me and still shows stock but didn't allow me to buyt it don't know why.

comatsu

wtf :( I went in immediately, when I get to check out it says sold out
go back to game, still over 50% left, try again, says sold out again
try again.. still 25% left, but same error :(

blacksark

I don't want to sound salty because I didn't get it but very poor and disappointing performance in the smrpg bundle.
It showed all the stock the first time I clicked it, and has lasted a very long time until it has been sold out but it didn't let me buy it regardless of the many times I've added to the basket,Don't know, also not a fan of things being released don't know when although I was on the computer on the exact time.

At this point people should know that showing stock on the website doesn't mean that stock is available for you to buy. If you can't check out you're too late and all copies are reserved for people currently in the checkout process.

There were 30 copies, you can't really expect to get one of them. You were unlucky. That's all

blacksark

At this point people should know that showing stock on the website doesn't mean that stock is available for you to buy. If you can't check out you're too late and all copies are reserved for people currently in the checkout process.

There were 30 copies, you can't really expect to get one of them. You were unlucky. That's all

It's strange when I've managed to add it to the cart about 30 times, and sometimes it said 1 copy remaining and then 4, then 2, then 5 etc.And people have been in the checkout process 20 minutes?

The site shows the correct available inventory but while people are checking out, those copies become reserved. If they cancel out of their checkout, the stock frees up and someone else with it in their cart can check out. If someone adds to cart and clicks checkout and is successful, they can camp at checkout and deliberate the purchase for up to five minutes. This means that for a full five minutes people can continue to add that to their cart but not actually check out with it (because someone else is currently checking out with it). Hope that makes sense. It isn't an error or problem with the site.

It's strange when I've managed to add it to the cart about 30 times, and sometimes it said 1 copy remaining and then 4, then 2, then 5 etc.

We were cancelling orders from people who had already bought Saturday Morning RPG Vita in the past and adding them back into inventory so the numbers were actually shifting upwards at some points.

blacksark

We were cancelling orders from people who had already bought Saturday Morning RPG Vita in the past and adding them back into inventory so the numbers were actually shifting upwards at some points.

Don't know, it has been very strange in my opinion.Don't know if I will continue the collection or just buy the ones I truly want.Congrats to those who managed to get it.

I don't want to sound salty because I didn't get it but very poor and disappointing performance in the smrpg bundle.
It showed all the stock the first time I clicked it, and has lasted a very long time until it has been sold out but it didn't let me buy it regardless of the many times I've added to the basket,Don't know, also not a fan of things being released don't know when although I was on the computer on the exact time.

They had bugs in the checkout process with SMRPG.

Dunno if that's still the case.

Differences between fan-focused and collector-focused?

More ties? How about in a silver case?

What I mean is that there are probably fewer speculators on the PC side; rather, there are more people who actually want the thing because they like the game or the creator and want to own it. Not a bad thing at all, but speculators fuel a lot of demand and really help us hit higher print runs on consoles. Sounds weird to say that, but yeah.

test_account

XP-39C²
Just to be sure, the next batch is up in 2 hours, right? I missed the first one, was too much to do at work and suddently 30 minutes had gone :\

I also picked up Shadow Complex and Rainbow Moon today. Both discs were still intact in the box (as in no loose discs).

October, for PS4 https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/776873386324725760

CsgB59VXEAADPCI.jpg:large

And Risky's Revenge too https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/776873737174016001

CsgCb4cXEAAmeKY.jpg:large

emb

Woah, Shantae. Siiiiick.

To my knowledge, this will be the only way to get Risky's Revenge.

Pirate's Curse is already planned for a separate release on 3DS. As a side note, slightly off topic, Half Genie Hero is getting a normal physical release on PS4, Wii U, and Vita. (That info coming from Amazon, I haven't committed it to memory.)

Crazy that the series is going from 1 physical game to 4 all of the sudden this fall.

Tapejara

Too bad releasing a physical version didn't gave the extra push to port the games to vita.

The annoying thing is the trophy list for Risky's Revenge says PS4/Vita/PS3. I know some games have shared lists despite there only being one version of the game, but I figured Risky's Revenge would get a port eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom