• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mzo

Really didn't want to support the crazed collector market intentionally constructed here, but I couldn't pass up Stranger's Wrath for the Vita. Just reading this last page alone before I posted this bummed me out.

Seik

Banned
pyFY72V.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got Firewatch, I'm happy

Ventara

Got it. Half of me was disappointed the triple pack wasn't available, while the other half is glad since I can use that for other games.

Baliis

Bought both, didn't try for the triple pack though, too much money. Tbh i like the normal art better anyways.

Jesus that went fast, glad I remembered to set an alarm this time.

dickroach

it's been "sold out" when I try to check out since like "700 available" wtf

edit: firewatch
still says like 100 available. but "sold out" when i try to check out.

goldenpp72

Tired of this site. On right at 3pm, plenty of stock. Go to check out, says out of stock.

Yep, had the triple pack in my cart within 10 seconds and it still was gone, then went to add the normal and it was gone within 30 seconds, thankfully my fiancee was able to nab one on her account because that's pretty messed up. I really don't understand why they allowed such a small allocation for the second batch, nor why they allowed 2 purchases per user on such a popular (relatively speaking) property.

Squarehard

Yeah, the bundle was available, but there was barely any left.

Yep, had the triple pack in my cart within 10 seconds and it still was gone, then went to add the normal and it was gone within 30 seconds, thankfully my fiancee was able to nab one on her account because that's pretty messed up. I really don't understand why they allowed such a small allocation for the second batch, nor why they allowed 2 purchases per user on such a popular (relatively speaking) property.
The bundles were limited to one per even in the first batch, and if you purchased a bundle you couldn't purchase the regular game listing.

test_account

XP-39C²
Got all three orders in this time!

I still think there is a bug regarding the "sold out" part though. I got that with Firewatch now even if it said like 600 left or so. I tried to add it like 20 times, got "sold out" all the time. Then i clicked "return to cart" and tried check out with Paypal again, then it worked. I mean, it could be that i was really lucky and that one copy opened again for sale at that time, but that would be some coincidence.

test_account

XP-39C²
it's been "sold out" when I try to check out since like "700 available" wtf

edit: firewatch
still says like 100 available. but "sold out" when i try to check out.
Try clicking on "return to cart" and try check out again. That worked for me. Might have been a coincidence though.

There were 100 triple packs put back up. We didn't have them up before because people have found ways to check out if it was previously in their cart before it was time to officially sell them.

goldenpp72

Yeah, the bundle was available, but there was barely any left.

The bundles were limited to one per even in the first batch, and if you purchased a bundle you couldn't purchase the regular game listing.

I am aware, but they did allow 2 purchases per normal of Oddworld, they could have put up 10k and that would have sold too, there is a big difference between Oddworld and random indie game number 20 is all, I'd hate to see what they'd do if they ever got a really big series :/

Ventara

There were 100 triple packs put back up. We didn't have them up before because people have found ways to check out if it was previously in their cart before it was time to officially sell them.

100?! Damn, I thought it was fewer since it went in like 4 seconds, and I mean literally 4 seconds.

hawk2025

One thing's for sure, this was a TIGHT pressing.

Not quite Soldner, but damn close. Choosing the right print size continues to be tough.

I think it's clear that a good deal of customers "substitute" between Vita and PS4. My guess is that Vita-only and PS4-only games should have their pressings increased some.

hawk2025

Yeah there was definitely no baseline to determine how popular Oddworld would be to collectors prior :p

I have to say, giving a game like Stealth Inc a bigger total run than Oddworld seems like a rather strange decision

I edited above, but there seems to be this notion that there is little substitution between PS4 and Vita versions, but a lot of these releases are suggesting that if only one exists, people will flock to it, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom