• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park to play at BlizzCon 2015

Which currently popular band should perform at Blizzcon 2016?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sojiro

Pretty awesome, I really dig Linkin Park even if their later albums aren't nearly as good as the first two. Added a vote to Korn for the Poll, always been a huge fan of them.

For some reason this thread reminded me of when people in the UK conspired to have Rage Against The Machines beat the new X Factor song.

Can we get Blizzard to think RATM are still relevant?

ViviOggi

hfd6b41.jpg

Sagely

Awesome, I shall now watch the stream despite having absolutely no interest in Blizzard games! Linkin Park are great, saw them live last year. One of my favourite bands for sure :)

These walls are closing in SO INSECUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE

I wonder who will headline next year. Is LP still super edgy or did they change their music?

Catdaddy

So, they celebrating one of the most popular bands when they launched WoW back in 2004?

I’ve always liked them, although haven’t listened to them in years.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Linkin Park. Wow. I would literally try to refund my ticket if I had one.

usctrojan

so disappointed in blizz for this choice as is the entire group I'm going to blizzcon with. the only bright side is that it will probably be better next year. I wonder if they were just cheap to book.

i would have much preferred video games live again or anyone not super hot topic-ey

ViciousDS

Banned
it's probably going to be 1 old song and everything else being the point they went soft.....I can't stand their new stuff.

Nu Metal was the shit!

Reanimation was an incredibly underrated album. I don't know any other bands that combined hip-hop, electronic music, and numetal in such an interesting way.

I think Linkin Park pre-2005 had a lot of artistic merit for a band of their popularity, and this is coming from someone who didn't listen to them as a teenager.

FZZ

Banned
Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, and Meteora are fucking amazing albums that still hold up well. Instrumentals more than vocals, but Chester I still <3 you bruh.

All the salty nerds itt can get out of here tbh.

I think Linkin Park pre-2005 had a lot of artistic merit for a band of their popularity, and this is coming from someone who didn't listen to them as a teenager.

Their production was absolutely insane on Meteora.

Here's my stupid ranking because why not.

A Thousand Suns > Reanimation > Meteora > Collision Course > Living Things > Hybrid Theory > The Hunting Party > Minutes to Midnight

I don't dislike any of their albums, per se, but Hunting Party hasn't clicked with me and Minutes to Midnight is pretty patchy.

border

It must be a really hard decision to get a band for the end of BlizzCon because there is no way that you can please everybody.

Though that's no excuse for booking Linkin Park, who will probably not please anybody.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Reanimation was an incredibly underrated album. I don't know any other bands that combined hip-hop, electronic music, and numetal in such an interesting way.

Thousand Suns was great. When they came out with their cover art probably inspired by Hunger Games and Wastelands I stopped listening. Sure they try and do what RATM did in a way, caring for the real issues, but the new stuff is hard to listen to.

The whole bow thing was popular for a while. Everyone from Lara Croft to Archery clubs were copying it. Bleh!

They were like the only band with inspiration from anime like Gundam. They sorta just tried it all again if you ask me.

Being from Omaha, 311 would be awesome to see.

NotLiquid

Living Things was a legitimately great album and Hunting Party, while not as solid, was still the most technical the band got with their songwriting. They finally remembered that they have a damn guitarist on that album. A Thousand Suns was also a surprisingly inspired concept effort. In spite of how trashy Minutes to Midnight was, they've gotten better in time, even though Reanimation is better than everything else and Hybrid Theory / Meteora retain some timelessness to them.

They're also really good live so this ought to be a good show.

myco666

A Thousand Suns > Reanimation > Meteora > Collision Course > Living Things > Hybrid Theory > The Hunting Party > Minutes to Midnight

I don't dislike any of their albums, per se, but Hunting Party hasn't clicked with me and Minutes to Midnight is pretty patchy.

I agree with this list alot. Only album I dislike from LP is Minutes to Midnight. Really glad they didn't stick with that style.

Sagely

Nice ranking! Mine would be:

A Thousand Suns > Meteora > Reanimation > Hybrid Theory > The Hunting Party > Living Things > Minutes to Midnight

Haven't listened to Collision Course enough to pass judgment, but A Thousand Suns is brilliant and Meteora/Hybrid Theory are perfect albums in my opinion. Minutes to Midnight is easily the weakest, but I still enjoy listening to it.

Maybe the most appropriate use of this image ever

Is it really? Does everything need to be so heavily marketed towards people to show them what's relevant? Linkin Park are massive, their world wide tours are normally sellouts and they tour A LOT. Just because they don't play their songs on the radio....

it's probably going to be 1 old song and everything else being the point they went soft.....I can't stand their new stuff.

Nu Metal was the shit!

The decision to ditch Nu Metal was their best decision ever. Anyways their newer music was actually heavier, even from minutes to Midnight and especially the latest album Hunting Party. This is one of their latest song and it's heavier than anything from their Nu metal days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCy5461BtTg

Top Bottom