• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park to play at BlizzCon 2015

Which currently popular band should perform at Blizzcon 2016?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nobody posted this?

krwohnh0.png

I expected to be in the minority when voting for Wu Tang - pleasantly surprised.

Nobody likes Nu Metal, also, it took Max Cavalera away from Sepultura.

Which was a bigger step down in artist quality Metallica->Linkin Park at Blizzcon or Usher->Jason Derulo at Ubisoft's E3 press conference?

Blizzard really need to forfeit the game before somebody else takes them out of the frame, potentially even putting their name to shame. Saying that, Linkin Park need to cover up their face. They can't run the race. The pace is too fast. I really don't see them lasting. :/

NotLiquid

The decision to ditch Nu Metal was their best decision ever. Anyways their newer music was actually heavier, even from minutes to Midnight and especially the latest album Hunting Party. This is one of their latest song and it's heavier than anything from their Nu metal days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCy5461BtTg

Keys to the Kingdom is also killer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPlUjhroNd4

The solo at the end isn't mindblowing or anything but it's so surreal to actually hear one in a Linkin Park album for once. It ends the song in a pretty intense fashion.

I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY I BLEED IT OUT DIGGIN DEEPER JUST TO THROW IT AWAY

Since when has Alanis Morissette been a "currently popular" artist? This poll looks like it was written in 2001.

Edit: My bad, satire

Sagely

Blizzard really need to forfeit the game before somebody else takes them out of the frame, potentially even putting their name to shame. Saying that, Linkin Park need to cover up their face. They can't run the race. The pace is too fast. I really don't see them lasting. :/

Excellent <3

I think now is an appropriate time to remember that amazing PSY remix album from a couple of years ago:
Crawling in my Style

Dice//

Banned
Rösti;182351663 said:
By The Rabbit Joint/Joe Pleiman. Not by System of a Down as many seem to think.

Well bless their kind hearts for making me laugh in high school. x)
Sucks when that happens though.

ViciousDS

Banned
Is it really? Does everything need to be so heavily marketed towards people to show them what's relevant? Linkin Park are massive, their world wide tours are normally sellouts and they tour A LOT. Just because they don't play their songs on the radio....

The decision to ditch Nu Metal was their best decision ever. Anyways their newer music was actually heavier, even from minutes to Midnight and especially the latest album Hunting Party. This is one of their latest song and it's heavier than anything from their Nu metal days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCy5461BtTg

minutes to midnight was heavier but its just the styling of music that I don't care for.....and its really weird because they could go from really heavy to a soft pop type sound....its all over the place. There older stuff was more.....consistent I guess you could say in terms of sound.

I used to listen to them from when I was about 9 years old and then into my teen years. First 2 albums were amazing. Might have to go on a nostalgia trip and listen again.

Have you seen dragonforce live, other than that youtube vid of a 2006 show?
Lol jeez I forgot about this whole deal, people saying they sucked and couldn't actually play their songs based on (I think) Graspop footage or something

Not a whole lot of depth to their music but they're at the very least competent

Yep, I have. There is nothing wrong with having a bad day, but I am still waiting for a performance where they are able to play their stuff. How about you?

They were great at 70000 tons of metal and Marc is a big performer. The "DF can't play their shit live" argument is probably as relevant as Linkin Park in 2015.

flozuki

They were great at 70000 tons of metal and Marc is a big performer. The "DF can't play their shit live" argument is probably as relevant as Linkin Park in 2015.

No need to be butthurt. That is my experience from 5 shows over a span of ten years. It's cool when you are enjoying their live stuff, I will stick to the studio stuff. Regarding your other statement...hmm. They still have a huge following, so that attitude is kind of ridiculous, if you like them or not.

atbigelow

I hate Linkin Park. Sucks that the first time I head to Blizzcon is when they bring one of my most loathed bands. Go figure.

wheeplash

A window grows and captures the eye
And cries out a yellow light as it passes me by
And a young shadowy figure sits in front of a box
Inside a building of rock with antennas on top, now
Nothing can stop in this land of the pain
The sane lose not knowing they were part of the game
And while the insides change
The box stays the same and the figure inside could bear anybody’s name
The memories I keep are from a time like then
I put on my paper so I could come back to them
Someday I’m hoping to close my eyes and pretend
That this crumpled up paper can be perfect again.

Yesss Linkin Park is great.

So many people still attack them for not making the exact same type of music they made like 10 years ago. LET IT GOOOOOO

Top Bottom