• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lionsgate Announces Live-Action ‘Naruto’ Movie.Tasha Huo Writing the Script

Draugoth

Gold Member
NARUTO-1.jpg

Lionsgate is working on a live-action ‘Naruto‘ movie, with Tasha Huo penning the script. After a decade of anticipation, fans can finally expect an announcement soon.

In an interview with Variety, Huo revealed she had developed the scripts for ‘Red Sonja,’ ‘Naruto,’ and the animated version of ‘Tomb Raider‘.

Huo said, “Adapting iconic characters or IP makes the writing of it easier because the passion for writing it is already there.” Huo added, “I’m so inspired by these characters already that it’s exciting to just take a part of their journey and try to tell that fun story in a way that would appeal to me as a fan.”

Doom85

After a decade of anticipation, fans can finally expect an announcement soon.​

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

The Naruto manga and anime are both over two decades old. I’m guessing the article writer left out a detail about some premature announcement a decade or so ago, or thinks the current year is 2012.

Also, LMAO at the list of “main characters”. Sai?! The character who got like one arc where he did anything relevant and then pretty much just stood there for the rest of the series? Honestly, when I think back on Naruto, I can remember pretty much everybody, even the supporting characters who barely got focused on, and yet I still will often totally forget about Sai. Don’t even got me started on Yamato, dude literally was only written in to deal with Naruto’s fox problem and once that was no longer relevant Yamato had no purpose left.

Literally one of the most talentless writers in the industry. This is going to be dogshit. How the fuck do these people keep getting work when they fail so miserably every time?
Because on the chopping block of blame, the top candidates are the director(s), actors, and producers.

Man I love Naruto…with all its flaws still my favorite anime of all time. Nostalgia hits hard.

I hope they don’t ruin it and try not cram too much. Through the Zabuza arc would be just fine for me for the first one

Spyxos

Gold Member
This will suck like most live action adaptations.

Also the only released project this writer has on IMDB is that terrible Witcher prequel/spinoff that both critics and viewers hated

BiDAA64.jpg
O god that show was terrible. This can only backfire.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Also the only released project this writer has on IMDB is that terrible Witcher prequel/spinoff that both critics and viewers hated

BiDAA64.jpg
Welp!

Krieger

Never gonna come out. Lionsgate announced a live action My Hero Academia movie 5 years ago and so far there's nothing.

FeralEcho

BiDAA64.jpg
But won't somebody think of the poor writters...they have shit salaries,are always opressed and AI is threatening to replace them.Seems to me like they keep falling upwards...Maybe they should have shit salaries and AI should take their jobs since writters like this one are too busy pushing their shit agenda than actually being a good writter.

BlackSandrock10

Neo Member
Dear God.....I told my mate about this and he was laughing at it! Then again.....after finding out that she was behind the writing for the Blood Origin spinoff for the Witcher, this will be a cracker......mark my words!

Top Bottom