• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lisa Marie Presley Dead at 54

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Lisa Marie Presley, singer-songwriter and daughter of Elvis and Priscilla Presley, has died. She was 54.

"It is with a heavy heart that I must share the devastating news that my beautiful daughter Lisa Marie has left us," Priscilla confirmed in a statement to PEOPLE Thursday evening.

"She was the most passionate strong and loving woman I have ever known. We ask for privacy as we try to deal with this profound loss. Thank you for the love and prayers. At this time there will be no further comment."

On Thursday morning, Presley was rushed to the hospital for a possible cardiac arrest. A spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department confirmed to PEOPLE that paramedics responded to the 5900 block of Normandy drive in Calabasas to treat a woman in her 50s who was not breathing. When they arrived, the paramedics began CPR and, upon noting the patient had "signs of life," transferred the woman to a local hospital for "immediate medical care."

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Fire Department confirmed to PEOPLE that the unit was dispatched to the address for a cardiac arrest call.

nush

"It is with a heavy heart that I must share

giphy.gif

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So young. Rip. Is her mom still around? Last I saw she was being kept alive by plastic surgery.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
That's insane. She was just at the golden globes where a guy won best actor for playing her dad. It's always weird when someone directly connected to a legend passes away.

RIP.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm not a doctor of morality, fate, or angering the gods. But I'm told that family history is important in medicine.
I agree.

Aside from one uncle who I met 40 years ago and died from a heart attack I think in his 60s and one aunt who died in her 60s too (those relatives you wouldnt even recognize if you walked past them), so far everyone else in my fam tree is still alive at 70+. All siblings, parents and close aunts and uncles all still kicking. Half of us dont eat great and none of us are the athletic types. Just sit around doing office jobs. On paper, there should be more of us who are dead compared to friends who have parents or even siblings dying in their 50s.

Just some genetics dumb luck.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I got her confused with Priscilla Presley. I remember her from the Naked Gun movies and thought it was her at first.

I didn't know that was his only child. I'm an only child as well and I can tell you it can be pretty lonely especially when you lose family of which I have now that both my mother and father have passed away.

So, it's sad to hear that she passed away at such a young age. My honest condolences to any of her loved ones and I hope she was surrounded by the people she loved as well before passing.

Top Bottom