• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of Spiderman 2 suits has leaked

M.W.

c8uq-Xml-d.webp

Spoil if you want

For some reason I was a little worried that the 2099 suit wouldn't be back in this one. Glad to be wrong, because that suit is the only one I need.

Once again I have to try to avoid the temptation to use the Amazing Spider-Man 1 suit for 90% of the playthrough.

The texture and reflective eyes just look too good in the first game. I already know it’s going to look even better in 2.

MonkD

Looks like they cut 31 suits out of 47. I guess we can deduct 1 for the damaged classic suit, since it's basically in?

Disappointed as hell. Would be very interested in the reasoning. I'm assuming they're using the same engine, so I wouldn't expect it to be too much work to keep them in. The Symbiote selection is also terrible with how many options there are. And the new additions are pretty boring with half them being original designs. They picked one suit from Life story when they had at least 6 original designs just from there. Not sure what is going on here...

They did end up supporting the original with a lot of post release suits. Holding out hope that we'll get some more going forward. But the new additions along with the DLC suits already announced are not getting me hyped at all.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
For some reason I was a little worried that the 2099 suit wouldn't be back in this one. Glad to be wrong, because that suit is the only one I need.
For me it is Ben Reilly’s Scarlet-Spider suit. Would not mind seeing Dan Jurgen’s Spider-man suit though… it did grow on me…

midnightAI

Disappointed as hell. Would be very interested in the reasoning. I'm assuming they're using the same engine, so I wouldn't expect it to be too much work to keep them in.

The game engine has nothing to do with the suits in the game

MonkD

Likely need to rework materials, textures, interaction with the new powers, etc… probably will come with free DLC updates.
You'd think that they should've been working on that while remastering the game. But you're probably right. Hoping for DLC but I'm still feeling really let down by this. The suit selection in the original was a highlight.

MonkD

The game engine has nothing to do with the suits in the game
It should tie in to how much work it is to port a suit from one game to the other, no?

I understand that it does require work based on new animations and environmental interactions etc. But if you look at how many suits modders have added to the PC version, it doesn't seem like it would be too extensive. Like I mentioned earlier, I'd be interested to know what process is like and how they choose which suits are kept in.

midnightAI

It should tie in to how much work it is to port a suit from one game to the other, no?

I understand that it does require work based on new animations and environmental interactions etc. But if you look at how many suits modders have added to the PC version, it doesn't seem like it would be too extensive. Like I mentioned earlier, I'd be interested to know what process is like and how they choose which suits are kept in.

Well the suits should just work, its whether they need enhancing from the original game, animations aren't an issue (usually) as the suits are really just different textures on top of a base model with rigging (some suits do have additional features though which do need taking into account, but as far as most suits are concerned its just a different 'skin'

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You'd think that they should've been working on that while remastering the game.
True, but they are not thousands of developers trying to make one game only every 5-6 years. They likely saw detailed user suits usage and they prioritise what they work on. Work prioritisation is a must in the AAA world and they put it to good use/they have great track record.

Last edited:

MonkD

True, but they are not thousands of developers trying to make one game only every 5-6 years. They likely saw detailed user suits usage and they prioritise what they work on. It is something allowing them to be efficient.
Not sure how large the team for Spider-Man 2 was, or if they folded in the Miles team once that game was completed. You'd assume that they have the data for it, but based on the sheer amount of suit mods for the PC release I'd think that they'd just keep everything. I would have preferred all of the old suits over the low effort recolors(if I had to choose).

Top Bottom