• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of Top 10 richest actors in world 1) Seinfeld 2) Shahrukh Khan 3) Cruise Missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the list of the top 10 richest actors in the world:

1. Jerry Seinfeld, $820 million
2. Shah Rukh Khan, $600 million
3. Tom Cruise, $480 million
4. Johnny Depp, $450 million
4. Tyler Perry, $450 million
6. Jack Nicholson, $400 million
7. Tom Hanks, $390 million
8. Bill Cosby, $380 million
9. Clint Eastwood, $370 million
10. Adam Sandler, $340 million (WHAT)
For those of you who have never heard of SRK, it's about time you got acquainted. He is the most recognizable actor in the world outside of America. He has fame from sub Saharan Africa to Eastern Russia and everything that's encompassed in-between. I am not being hyperbolic here. The guy is really, really famous.

The Second Richest Actor in the World Is Someone Most Americans Have Never Heard Of

kKK5F0V.jpg

Shah Rukh Khan has been making movies since 1992. He's the biggest movie star in a country with the second-biggest population in the world. He also happens to be the second-wealthiest celebrity on Earth.

And if you live in the U.S., you probably haven't heard of him.

Khan is a Bollywood movie star and heartthrob. He has been anchoring India's biggest movies for over two decades, and has starred in some of Bollywood's highest-grossing movies — including Chennai Express, My Name is Khan and Ra.One — and has hosted India's versions of Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Khan is one of the most recognizable faces in the country. His Hindi films are quotable fan favorites that have shattered box office records, and his iconic status — he's called King Khan — has defined what it means to be a movie star in today's India.

Amidst his undeniable fame, his financial glory and his ever-growing cinematic reach, Khan remains virtually unknown to American audiences.
His most famous collaboration is with AR Rahman in the movie Dil Se, which gave us Chaiyya Chaiyya, which is quite possibly the best Bollywood song ever filmed when you consider every aspect of it.

Now with that out of the way, lets discuss what the fuck is Adam Sandler doing in that list.

K.Sabot

Adam Sandler's product placement empire at work.

Can have the last 5 films of his completely bomb and still be the 10th richest actor.

confuziz

Banned
Re-runs. Seinfeld plays like all day every day on American television (various channels). He gets a cut of that money. It earns him probably 10's of millions each year.

Ah right, It's also on dutch TV every day so probably rest of Europe as well.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The guy from Seinfeld.

Seinfeld was never really that big here in the UK. Friends was and continues to be very popular, but Seinfeld didn't take off. I suspect it is because it didn't have the mainstream TV presence that Friends had, as the style of comedy (cynical and based around social norms) seems to fit Britain like a glove.

Viewt

You have to remember that Seinfeld not only made a shitton of money while the show was on the air, but it's been in constant syndication across multiple markets for like 16 years. And every time a syndication deal ends, Seinfeld has another opportunity to renegotiate and get another big payday to coincide with an extension of his basically daily royalties.

In 2006, Seinfeld made $100M from syndication. In 2004, he made $267M. Some years are obviously bigger than others, but I still see Seinfeld on TV constantly. This is a money train that's just not going to end for him for years to come.

Panzon

Wow I wouldve never imagined Jerry Seinfield was worth so much. That second guy is Raj the dancing partner. Idk the foreign name but its a pretty good movie and its on Netflix. Would've never thought of him being that rich.

List is definitely not what I expected

Septy

Larry David would probably be up there if he didn't get divorced. He lost a few hundred million, plus future syndication revenues.

entremet

Syndication? please explain for non-americans

When shows get off the air, if you want to re-air them legally, you need to pay for it. It's called syndication.

In the US, TV stations have to pay for those rights individually. It adds up.

I believe European TV is more centralized.

ЯAW

Banned
Isn't the actress who played Elain in Seinfeld technically a billionaire? I mean she has to wait until her daddy dies but she is going to be filthu rich soonish.

Edit. Seinfeld being number one isn't big surprise. Show was huge, not only in US but arounde the globe and isn't he credited as co-creator of the show?

Viewt

Guy was MEGASTAR during the 70's and 80's. This is his total lifetime adjusted total boxoffice mojo

Adjusted Total: $3,531,377,300

KggPqxc.gif

Yep, plus his super-shrewd Batman deal. I think he took something like $6M upfront, but negotiated to get a piece of the gross as well as future syndication/licensing deals. It adds up to well over $100M.

Septy

ЯAW;116515658 said:
And list is missing Larry David. He is either richer then Seinfeld or about the same.

Not anymore! His wife had affairs, and yet still took 50% of the money, and a slice of future revenues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom