• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of Top 10 richest actors in world 1) Seinfeld 2) Shahrukh Khan 3) Cruise Missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy was MEGASTAR during the 70's and 80's. This is his total lifetime adjusted total boxoffice mojo

Adjusted Total: $3,531,377,300

KggPqxc.gif

Im aware of his movies and box office success, but I still dont see how he can be in the top 10. If we were looking at past box office draws, then shouldnt Eddie Murphy and Harrison Ford be on the list? It must be that Batman money that other posters have talked about.

Im aware of his movies and box office success, but I still dont see how he can be in the top 10. If were were looking at past box office draws, then shouldnt Eddie Murphy and Harrison Ford be on the list? It must be that Batman money that other posters have talked about.

Like other posters said, he was very aggressive with contracts in his Batman role. Off-topic but I also remember stories that he was incredibly difficult to work with on the set of Batman.

kswiston

Im aware of his movies and box office success, but I still dont see how he can be in the top 10. If we were looking at past box office draws, then shouldnt Eddie Murphy and Harrison Ford be on the list? It must be that Batman money that other posters have talked about.

Some actors are smarter with their money than others.

DC R1D3R

Banned
For those of you who have never heard of SRK, it's about time you got acquainted. He is the most recognizable actor in the world outside of America. He has fame from sub Saharan Africa to Eastern Russia and everything that's encompassed in-between. I am not being hyperbolic here. The guy is really, really famous.

great actor. shame he had to brighten up his appearance and un-broaden his nose for the fame though.

props.

Ridley327

Like other posters said, he was very aggressive with contracts in his Batman role. Off-topic but I also remember stories that he was incredibly difficult to work with on the set of Batman.

He had a clause in his contract where he was allowed time off for whenever there was a Lakers home game. He had a ridiculous amount of power over that film, to say the least.

How the hell is Seinfeld on top? He's amazingly not funny and his show sucked.

Say what?

Seinfeld was never really that big here in the UK. Friends was and continues to be very popular, but Seinfeld didn't take off. I suspect it is because it didn't have the mainstream TV presence that Friends had, as the style of comedy (cynical and based around social norms) seems to fit Britain like a glove.

Wait, you are saying that Friends is aimed towards being cynical and is based around social norms?

Instead of Seinfeld?

Seinfeld feels much closer to British humor to me than Friends does.

He had a clause in his contract where he was allowed time off for whenever there was a Lakers home game. He had a ridiculous amount of power over that film, to say the least.
At least he made that up by giving us masses a really good Joker. Basically the guy knew he was gonna be awesome.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seinfeld...why? Does syndication pay that much?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Do I need to spell it out? The man is almost a textbook definition of not-funny. The same goes for his show.

Except he has made millions upon millions of dollars from his comedy show and comedy performances. You don't have to like him, but his continuing success suggests that he is as 'textbook definition' of funny as you can get.

Peru

Do I need to spell it out? The man is almost a textbook definition of not-funny. The same goes for his show.

That's not something many people on gaf will agree with, or people in the country/ world, so don't feign surprise.

Enco

Started to watch Seinfeld recently and it's pretty awesome.

Surprised at how he beats people like Tom Cruise though.

kswiston

Doesn't matter when more people watch your show's finale than the Superbowl. Seinfeld made a killing in syndication and home video.

shahrukh khan?! never would've guessed. he was my fav bollywood actor back in the day (when my parents dragged me to watch indian movies -_-)

thats fucking ridiculous, there's no such thing as comedy thats "right" and comedy thats not. comedy is one of the most subjective things ever, get that shit outta here

Gotta give props to Tyler Perry. I've never seen a single one of his movies, and basedon his posters alone I always wonder where this dude came from, and how he manages to keep making movies. As in, who's giving him the money to do it.

But to see that he's this loaded, well, well done sir.

Nicholson is almost all from Batman. If you see one of the special features on the bluray or DVD, he talks about he knew the movie was gonna be huge, so he invested in it. I think by today's standards its still more than the 60 mil that RDJ just got.

Adam Sandler... What the fuck. No wonder Howard Stern talks about him the way he does.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I had no idea syndication paid that much. The more you know. No wonder shows always want to reach syndication number of eps at least

Jarrod38

If Tim Allen never turned down $20 million for like a 10th season of Home Improvement he could have been in the top 20.

It's always amusing/surprising to me when people with a minority opinion don't realize they are in the minority.

Millions of people and GAF would say you are wrong so why are you so surprised?

Ridley327

Gotta give props to Tyler Perry. I've never seen a single one of his movies, and basedon his posters alone I always wonder where this dude came from, and how he manages to keep making movies. As in, who's giving him the money to do it.

But to see that he's this loaded, well, well done sir.

Nicholson is almost all from Batman. If you see one of the special features on the bluray or DVD, he talks about he knew the movie was gonna be huge, so he invested in it. I think by today's standards its still more than the 60 mil that RDJ just got.

Adam Sandler... What the fuck. No wonder Howard Stern talks about him the way he does.

Tyler Perry is nothing if not an incredibly shrewd and perceptive businessman. He recognized a massive void in terms of how minorities spent their money on entertainment catered to them, and came up with a very effective system where his films, TV shows, and plays make mad bank because he never breaks the bank on any of them. It's similar to what we've been seeing this year with the success of Christian films in theaters, which have also been ridiculously successful. You don't have to spend Avengers money or even make Avengers to be rolling in it at the end of the day.

Everyone wishes they were better products, but this is a case where beggars aren't particularly interested in being too choosy.

Tyler Perry is nothing if not an incredibly shrewd and perceptive businessman. He recognized a massive void in terms of how minorities spent their money on entertainment catered to them, and came up with a very effective system where his films, TV shows, and plays make mad bank because he never breaks the bank on any of them. It's similar to what we've been seeing this year with the success of Christian films in theaters, which have also been ridiculously successful. You don't have to spend Avengers money or even make Avengers to be rolling in it at the end of the day.

Or, he's with a production company that get tax breaks for producing his "minority friendly" movies, thus justifying their existence.

His movies are incredibly crude, outright racist, and at the same level as a Sandler film.

Then, he sandwiches some themes about family and love and God and the crowds eat that up.

I really don't like his Madea movies...

Ridley327

Or, he's with a production company that get tax breaks for producing his "minority friendly" movies, thus justifying their existence.

His movies are incredibly crude, outright racist, and at the same level as a Sandler film.

Then, he sandwiches some themes about family and love and God and the crowds eat that up.

I really don't like his Madea movies...

Hey, I'm not praising the films, just how smart he's been about the way they're produced.

Kusagari

Jerry is the star, co-creator and producer of one of the most popular shows in the history of television.

Of course he's making ridiculous money off syndication.

20cent

Banned
I am European and live in Asia since 10 years, I have never seen the face of Shah rukh Khan, like never.
So yeah, he is the biggest star of the 2nd biggest country in terms of population size and biggest in movie production, his wealth is explainable. But making him the most famous actor in the world outside US is a bit funny.

Also never had the motivation to watch a movie starring Adam Sandler. I guess that being producer pays nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom