• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Listen Shawn Layden: Bring back Crash Bandicoot!

nelchaar

I don't care if Sony buys the IP or Activision makes a new game, I just want a GOOD Crash Bandicoot game. Maybe get Insomniac to develop it.

hqdefault.jpg

Please come back home to PS, Crash!
So truuuuuue!

Why the thread got slowed down? We don't have enough fans for Crash in Gaf? This one should become a long thread in order to get the sony attention.

Apathy

While I have fond memories of Crash, specially since it was the first game I played on my PlayStation on Christmas day, I have to disagree with bringing Crash back. The old perspective the games had will not fly now and I don't see it doing the transition to a full 3d world as something that will come easily to the series. Also platformers seem to be a dying genre, with only Mario doing well and probably based partially on nostalgia (more than Crash has). This would cost way too much for Sony and the last few Activision Crash games probably did more harm to the brand than it's worth.

I think Sony should definitely push Activision, especially while they're not doing anything with the IP.

I think they need to move soon though, while the character is still partially relevent. I think Spyro is a lost cause due to Skylanders, but Crash is definitely usable and Activision seem happy to let the IP sit stagnant. Why not make some money of it?

I think they should at least approach Activision, maybe even a bunderuuuu of the Crash IP and marketing rights and exclusive content for, I dunno, Destiny 2.

Agreed.

I'll jist say this and hope to not get hate PM's by fans:

I loved Crash Bandicoot but if they bring it back it will:

- only sell to the old fans. The younger gen doesnt care for platformers anymore. Its all about the latest free app on their brand new iphones.
- It will suck because the gameplay from 3 gens ago will just look outdated. If they change the gameplay: old fans will be pissed. There is no way to please everyone.
- cost too much to buy the IP and to make a goodlooking game.

Basically, I dont see it happening. And if it does, I dont think its gonna be good nor successfull

Crash NEEDS its own "3d world". I think it would sell today like it did then. It was my first playstation game.

Yeah, if so, I think it would have a very good chance of doing well and would have an unusually big chance to make a new first impression with the trust it would create were the series coming back from Sony themselves after all this time as I could see such a news story being reported even somewhat beyond gaming sites ("Crash comes home" etc.), and moreso if announced being made internally (and even some extra hardcore buzz if Cerny was working on it). It's been long enough that with an impressive announce/graphics/gameplay trailer I think most casual gamers wouldn't really remember the lesser games, only that Crash was good when it started and was a great gateway game.

Top Bottom