• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little things about you

Status
Not open for further replies.
draven said:
-I mad sleep walk. It comes to the point where I have had complete interactions with people when I'm up, only I have my previous dream as a backstory and think something else entirely is going on (I once woke up and struggled to get my tool box in my dorm in order to take my bed apart. 10 minutes later I finally snapped out of it. Another time I woke up and ran to my family members telling them that god had told me that the world was going to end, in order to prepare them).
Is that considered sleepwalking, when you're conscious but still have the dream as part of your current world belief? I've had that happen a few times but didn't know how to refer to it.

Loki

Count of Concision
I don't really have many quirky habits or anything, but...

- I'm incredibly self-conscious despite having no reason to be so. This mostly has to do with being self-conscious about my physical appearance, as I have no trouble speaking in front of moderately sized groups. It's weird, because I'm very good looking (by others' accounts ;)). Go figure. :p

- When I'm walking down a corridor at school or in a building or something, I'll usually walk along the right side and tap along the wall with my right hand and/or drag my right hand along the wall by my uppermost "knuckle" (digit) of the hand. Weird.

- I can do this "thing" (I'm not sure what to call it or even how to explain it) with my legs that makes it feel like all the blood comes out of my legs; it's a very odd sensation that has to be felt to be understood. I just concentrate on my legs in this weird way and this happens. This state can't be maintained for more than a few seconds, because then my legs just shiver and it forces me "out of it". It feels like the legs are literally empty-- very hard to describe. But it's definitely a physical sensation and not just in my head. Something's going on, but who the heck knows what it is? :p I can do it at will, so maybe one day when I have some money, I'll do it under an fMRI machine or something. ;)

- I'm very good at reading people, to the point that I know when a girl likes me almost before she does. Even if it doesn't come up for years and years due to other considerations (I was dating her friend, she was shy, etc.), if I feel that a girl liked me, it has always (as in 100% of the time) proven true somewhere down the road, if not immediately. Similarly, I can judge people's motives and general nature in such a way; only a couple of people in my life have I actually found revolting, and that's because I could literally feel their wretched and debauched characters oozing off of them. After knowing these two for a couple of years, my suspicions were more than confirmed, as they were two of the most "evil" people I've ever met (I shouldn't use the word "evil", but you get the idea).

- I adore children. Perhaps some people here have picked up on that over the years if they're perceptive, but I doubt that anyone has any idea of just how much they make my day. If I'm driving around and I'm stopped at a red light, and some mother crosses the street in front of me with her toddler in tow, with their stubby little legs and disequilibrated gait, pointing and laughing at the world, my heart melts. Even if I'm driving alone, and I see a child in such a scenario, I'll say out loud "heeeeellooooo!" in this clownish voice (yes, I really shouldn't be admitting this :p). Call me a girly-man (/ahnuld) if you wish, but words really can't express how much joy suffuses me when I'm around children. Dogs have somewhat of the same effect on me, but to nowhere near that extent. Luckily, I'm still an intimidating-looking man, so I can afford to be mushy around the kids. :p

- I'm what you'd call a "straight arrow"; I've never so much as tried a cigarette or any sort of illicit substance. Though I would have a glass of champagne for a toast on New Year's Eve earlier in my life, the first time I got drunk was at age 19 1/2. Yeah, I know-- you never took me for a goody-two-shoes, eh? ;)

- I can multiply numbers in my head fairly rapidly, up to 3 digits (i.e., 468x782 etc.) I'm not nearly as good as I used to be at it, but I can still do it. Back when I was younger (age 7-10), I would play with numbers in my head on long car trips instead of just looking out the window pointlessly; this is how I developed that "skill" (if you can call it that :p). When I was 9 years old, I used to fly through problems such as these (division, too).

- I need to read when I eat; the exception is when I'm out at a restaurant, obviously. If I'm home eating a meal or a snack, I must have something to read handy, be it a newspaper, magazine, or even some nonsense knick-knack catalog that my mother gets delivered. :p My dad's the same way, but neither of us understands why we're like that.

I think that's about it... :)

- I'll talk to myself all the time when I'm alone, and I often talk what I type (I'm talking this very sentence right now). I mostly do it just to better understand what I'd say in a given situation, and how I sound. This will also extend to when I'm watching TV, as, usually when I've been alone watching it for more than a few hours, I'll start replying to commercials or new casts. I think the most common thing I say is;

[Broadcaster] Hello, I'm Dan Newscaster

[Mike] No you aren't

So I'm not the only one.

Also...

- I hate my hair. It never truly looks right to me.

- I have an absurd love affair with hats, made doubly funny because I have a huge head and therefore it's hard to find ones that fit and don't look silly on my head. But I also don't need any more hats, because off the top of my head (no pun intended), I have 4 Braves hats, 3 Cubs hats, 2 Zephyrs hats, around 7 LSU hats, and a couple other random ones. But I can not pass the Lids store in the mall without having a look around.

- I am not a morning person. Thank Jebus I don't have to go to work until noon.

- In 25 years, I have yet to figure out signals from the ladies. I'm usually just fine with them as long as I'm not thinking about it at all.

- Um. I can grow a beard really fast, too.

totoro'd

-I talk to myself when i'm alone
-I don't like my food to touch on the plate
-I'm constantly paranoid every time I step out of my apt that i'm going to be raped and/or murdered, not necessarily in that order
-whenever I use my curling iron, even after i've made sure i've turned it off and unplugged it when i'm done, make my fiancee check to see that it's definitely not on and won't burn my apt down
-this one is kinda gross, but everytime after I eat, get flem buildup or something in my throat and have to clear my throat for at least a half hour afterwards, annoying anyone in the near vicinity
-have to move my legs constantly before i fall asleep at night

White Man

I am paranoid. I can't walk 10 steps without knowing absolutely everything going on around me: Whether somebody is following me, what those people on that balcony are doing, hey, does that car look familiar? There sure are a lot of cops around here. I used to have some serious problems witht his stuff. Also fits into this vein: I am afriad people are constantly judging me. I am also terrified that people see me as I see them. That's the thought that creeps me out the most.

I'm also several other shades of neurotic. I have a couple O-Cesque tendencies. Talking with new people is an experience that can potentially give me nightmares. I'm constantly fighting or structuring some lame metaphysical and/or ethical concept in my head (that is usually quite useless). There's a bunch of little things. Drinking alleviates a lot of this, unfortunately, that's no crutch. In social situations, though, it's an absolute godsend.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a weird trait. I ALWAYS mess up my shirt when the shirt is orange. ALWAYS. I always spill something, drop something on it, get a hole in it, or somehow manage to make a mess of myself. But ONLY when wearing orange shirts.

Loki

Count of Concision
White Man said:
I am also terrified that people see me as I see them. That's the thought that creeps me out the most.

Why don't you just start thinking better of people then? ;) :p

I'm constantly fighting or structuring some lame metaphysical and/or ethical concept in my head (that is usually quite useless).

Was this sentence related to the previous sentence in your post or was it standing alone as a statement? If so, it sounds a lot like "scrupulosity", less the frequent religious component. The condition compels one to constantly turn things over in one's mind, analyzing them in moral terms from every possible angle; a person besieged by scrupulosity simply cannot shut their mind off for any appreciable amount of time. It's a curse. :p Hopefully, that's not what you were speaking of. ;)

White Man

If so, it sounds a lot like "scrupulosity", less the frequent religious component. The condition compels one to constantly turn things over in one's mind, analyzing them in moral terms from every possible angle; a person besieged by scrupulosity simply cannot shut their mind off for any appreciable amount of time.

I don't sleep much because I can't turn off the lame, innane chatter in my head. It's not like I even actively think or try to think anything: my mind is just always flooded with concepts that I really shouldn't bother thinking about. Most of it deals with how people perceive myself (myself as a static being; what I "am") and my actions. A lot of thought also goes into justifying other people's selves and their own actions. Sometimes things take a absurdly solipsistic bent (although it should be noted I don't believe in solipsism. Thinking about it is just like a jungle gym for the mind). There's also some decidedly trite mental meanderings about the nature of reality, and the importance of my place in it. Immortality only comes to those who make an important, lasting impression on the earth, and it's red-alert urgent that I acheive that goal. Fortunately, I've learned to take baby steps towards it, but it's utterly maddening to think that someday my name my not exist, and if the name doesn't exist, you can never prove that the substance existed.

But this whole scrupulosity thing sound suspiciously like a psychological or psychiatric term. I don't know how much weight I'd put into it. Even by my own terms, too much psychiatric thought is put into the nervous tics and neurotic molehills that give people their own unique character. So what if I'm afraid of a lot of abstract things and I'm kind of paranoid? It's who I am, and if I took a pill to get rid of it, I'd likely raise other problems by flattening my personality. For the time being, I am comfortable with the person I am; Even better, I hope to someday draw inspiration from that person.

Blackie

Mike Works said:
- I'm slightly obsessive compulsive. If I wink one eye without thinking about it, I have to wink the other. If I blink too hard, I then have wink with the original eye with a smaller amount of pressure to equal the second wink . So if I wink normally with my left eye, then wink hard with my right eye to balance it out, I then have to wink normally again with my left eye to make everything even. If I were to wink hard with my left eye in an attempt to balance things out, I'd then have to wink normally with my right eye. I do this with pretty much every part of my body that has symetrical features (eyes, nostrils, ears, hands, fingers, arms, feet, toes, shoulders, pecs, etc).

Fuck, I thought I was just a solitary freak for doing this. Glad to hear my odd habit is shared by a powerful and popular mod of the people.

Some other quirks about myself:

I try to walk an equal amound of steps per block of concrete on the sidewalk.

I hate keeping eye contact for more than 5 seconds while talking. I'm not a shy recluse by any means, but I always look off into the distance or busy myself doodling/messing with some random object when I'm talking with people I'm uncomfortable with. They usually think I don't like them and aren't paying attention to them when I do that.

I lie all the time to everybody for no reason. I also like to do things or put people in a situation that annoys them or makes them uncomfortable. I always play innocent about it and appologize afterwards, but I really like to cause people discomfort and pain.

Loki

Count of Concision
I don't sleep much because I can't turn off the lame, innane chatter in my head. It's not like I even actively think or try to think anything: my mind is just always flooded with concepts that I really shouldn't bother thinking about. Most of it deals with how people perceive myself (myself as a static being; what I "am") and my actions.

That sounds like what I'm talking about. :) It's not that you consciously try, or want, to think about these things...it just happens. However, if it's not at all related to what you're thinking about, and the flood of concepts and ideas is seemingly random, then that would likely be a different issue altogether. :p

But this whole scrupulosity thing sound suspiciously like a psychological or psychiatric term. I don't know how much weight I'd put into it.

It is, in fact, a psychological term. My former shrink described it as "OCD of the mind", where you just can't stop thinking, analyzing and looking at things in moral terms from every angle. I'm just going by what he explained it to be-- because that's what I had for many years.

Even by my own terms, too much psychiatric thought is put into the nervous tics and neurotic molehills that give people their own unique character. So what if I'm afraid of a lot of abstract things and I'm kind of paranoid? It's who I am, and if I took a pill to get rid of it, I'd likely raise other problems by flattening my personality. For the time being, I am comfortable with the person I am; Even better, I hope to someday draw inspiration from that person.

I agree that there's a definite tendency in modern society to "over-psychologize" people's quirks and "failings" and differences; your outlook as expressed above in the last two sentences strikes me as very healthy. You'll get where you're headed. :)

Gattsu25

Banned
I despise entering a store and buying nothing

I hate repeating myself...most times I simply refuse to

I can only draw when in class

I constantly hold small games in my head, like awarding people "pat points' for how hard it is to determine their gender, and keep running totals

My right index finger is my most agile of my index fingers, yet it's hard to feel with it

I leave my driveway and park at my destination...what happens between those two points is anyone's guess.

Often, when I am half asleep, I violently shake

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I am constantly looking for blackheads, mostly on my chest but if I'm in front of a mirror I'll search my face for them. I dont have a blackhead problem, but I do enjoy squeezing them.

MoxManiac

I sometimes whisper to myself when thinking about something or working on something fairly involving. For some reason it helps me think clearer and focus better on the subject. I feel like a psycho though.

I'm extremely, dangerously pessamistic.

I have a habit of staring at something because i'm in deep thought, and not even notice what i'm staring at. I think i've freaked a few people out with this, since it appears i'm staring at them, but in reality i'm so focused on what i'm thinking about, I don't even notice them.

I thought the highlighting of text while surfing was a weird compulsion only I had. Kinda a relief i'm not the only one.

I'm a horribly mechanical/logical person. Maybe mechanical isn't the right word, but i'm unable to appreciate things like art, or music. It's like things have to have a specific purpose or logical, grounded-in-science conclusion or explanation, or it does little for me. I'd probably make a good vulcan or something.

I seem to appear as though i'm scowling a lot, but in reality it's because i'm in thought, and thus the scowl is my "default" face. I've tried to keep a friendly face going when i'm thinking about stuff, but old habits die hard.

I'm hyper-sensitive about some things and totally impervious to other things.

quirks about me...? let's see...

1) paranoid to a fault. i often even have trouble divulging personal problems or expiriences to friends and family because i aways think that it'll come back and haunt me later on.......

2) talk to myself....... but i'll take a step further and even have arguments with myself every once in a while.... no, im not crazy. if i'm thinking about something i'll just think about both sides of the issue and agree and disagree with myself at the same time.

3) since i like to draw a lot, i am often "drawing" everything i see with my eyes....... contour drawing. very time consuming.

4)i often like to run my hands throughrailings when it's raining just to splash the water away..... heh.

5)...... cant think of aything else at the moment. but now that i think about it, i dont think i should have typed this....

I thought the highlighting of text while surfing was a weird compulsion only I had. Kinda a relief i'm not the only one.

haha. my friend caught me doing that one time and hasnt let me forget it about ever since. reason i do it is beacuse white and black type make my eyes hurt.

AssMan

Banned
Can anyone tell me if I'm boarderlined with OCD?

-I do the dishes every night, but that's because I help around the house, but I make sure every little crumb is off the counter.I use a wet paper towl to clean the floors and the handles on the draws in the kitchen, but keep in mind that my family is VERY messy.

-I even out the keyboard when my mom or sis throws it around
-my room is very clean, and I always make sure the wires and my video game console is in a perfect location.
-When I wake up in the mornings I use my hands using a back and forth motion to make it look like I just vacuumed the floor (if you know what I'm talking about!).

That's about it so far. I can control it most of the time. It's just that my family is very messy. Gotta clean up after them.

- If my nose gets pressed in (or someone/something presses against it), I have this uncontrollable desire to pull it back out and into place.

- If I get touched on one side of my body, I have to balance it out by touching the other side on the same place.

- I can never remember if I've locked my apartment door or car. Even if I tell myself out loud that I've locked it, I'll end up walking all the way back (as much as a 10 minute walk) to check the locks again.

- I can't sleep when I'm anxious about something. I'll end up playing Solitaire on my PDA until the crack of dawn.

- When I'm not anxious, I can fall asleep within minutes; and I'll pretty much sleep through anything.

- I sleep through take-offs and landings on a plane.

- Sometimes, for some reason, I really have to sniff what I'm going to eat before I eat it. I'll hold it right up against my nose with my fork/chopstick and take a couple of light and slow whiffs before I stick it in my mouth.

- I find myself spontaneously repeating movie lines when the situation presents itself - like "Not today, Galvatron" (Transformers), "Two... weeks..." (Total Recall)... my sister does it as well.

- I've discovered that my dad will silently mouth along with everything you say when you speak to him. I've been told that I sometimes do it myself... which I'm trying hard not to do these days.

Iceman

1) I will set food on the table, take a couple of bites and then walk around and do other stuff for about 15 minutes before returning to take another few more bites, etc. ad nauseum.

2) Even when I'm in a restaraunt situation, where I can't do this walking around bit, I am still the slowest eater on the planet (well, I was beaten once by a guy with muscular dystrohpy)

3) Depending on my mood I will either do my best to avoid eye contact with someone I'm having a conversation with.. and I mean looking a completely different direction.. or I will stare you down. I tend to make people nervous when I do the latter. Girls might dig it though, I can't tell.

4) Whenever I'm sitting at a table, even without other people around, I will instinctively cross my feet and tuck them beneath my chair.. almost like a child. I attribute this weird behavior to the one night in San Francisco when I was having drinks with some friends and one of them, seated across from me was not only enganged to be married but playing footsies with me and staring at me suggestively... the lot of us happened to be sharing the same room at the hotel so I was basically traumatized from that day on.

5) I purposefully wear baggy clothing to hide my physique. I have a robust bum and protrusive chest (seriously) and I get comments from people all the time when I'm not hiding it. It's self-consciousness mixed with some egomaniacal pride but I'd rather have people not thinking or talking about my body when I'm trying to have an important conversation. I'd also rather attract women that aren't solely concerned with a guy's body... but that may just be me.

6) I sing in the car all the time when I'm alone. It's my karaoke car.

7) I routinely place my left hand over my mouth when I'm breathing through my mouth because I am self-conscious about my teeth.

8) I'm a devil's advocate to a fault. I will take the other side of any position just because no one else will defend it.. or defend it well. Any position. My mind is cursed that way.

9) I see dead people.

White Man

3) Depending on my mood I will either do my best to avoid eye contact with someone I'm having a conversation with.. and I mean looking a completely different direction.. or I will stare you down. I tend to make people nervous when I do the latter. Girls might dig it though, I can't tell.

Oh, I do this as well. When I'm sort of aloof, or feeling particularly nervous or scared, I can't look a person in the eyes, friend or stranger. When I'm speaking about a subject I'm particularly passionate about, and I'm really into the conversation, I kind of do the whole maniacal stare thing. It's probably a good thing I don't meet many people that I could talk to at that level. It's a good thing when I'm talking to another big poetry or literature fan. I think it shows that I love the subjects as much as I say I do.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
-I cant brush my teeth without getting toothpaste all over me,so i mostly do it in the shower or without shirt,or i concentrate myself but you cant really do it every time.

-Sometimes I rub my hands while reading something intressting on the net or while watching the movie,its not loud like some other people but i think it makes me look evil.

-I can sleep on the back,i allways turn on my stomach and fall a sleep imidiately,while on the back i cant lay and think for hours.

-This year for some reason i am afraid my shorts would fall off while swimming public bath,i solved this problem by buying shorts with 2 Strings,so if one unwraps there is the security one.

-I cant watch any of the reality shows,they make want to destoy all humans,maybe i am an Alien in disguise?

aoi tsuki

When i worked in a mall, i got really bored and had this short, but intense interest in looking at women's asses. i remember when i would come back from the convenience store in the mall, there was this staircase where i'd go down, and so i had a good excuse to stare.

That was three years ago, and the boredom and fascination is back. Except now, i take pictures with my PDA. i turn the backlight off, casually hold it in my hand, and no one knows. A couple of weeks ago i was at a coffeehouse taking pics, and i ran out of space. The coffeehouse has a wireless access point, so i connected to it, dumped the pics on my webspace, and took a few more. Taking pics actually beats talking to most of the women around here, who largely aren't worth talking to.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I constantly fiddle with shit. If I'm at a movie I must have the ticket to fold and refold endlessly till the movies over.

I can never find shit.

If I am working on a computer and concentrating I hear my workmates ask for stuff yet I ignore them. thing is I hear them but can't really 'snap out of it' but if they yell at me I turn around, know what was said and know what they want. yet I say "what" every time to appear less rude. I don't do this on purpose.

way more

I once stopped talking to myself for three months, when I started again I was like, "What the fuck was that?"

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i have an irrational fear of velvet and suede. and knees and knee surgery

my nightmare is being attacked by a flock of velvet knees.

lordmrw

DJ Sl4m said:
When I eat french fries, I eat 4 at a time, and they have to be close to the same length.
LOL

I do the same thing, except i do it 2 at once.

- 90% of the time, I say the first thing that comes to mind, as its the most honest answer. I fully realize the amount of trouble that will get me into, but I feel that if someone asks me an honest question, they deserve an honest answer. Mind you, I use discretion when necessary.

- I'm obsessed with symmetry and such. If I take a bite of food and chew with the left side of my mouth, I have to do the same with my right side.

-I've seen so many movies where unsuspecting people are snuck up on and killed from behind, that I'm obsessed with knowing exactly whats going on around me at all times. This is compounded by the fact that I live in a very terrible neighborhood, so whenever I hear the slightest sound thats not in my field of vision, I zero in on it immediately.

I'm obsessed with cleaning my hands. This stems mostly from the fact that I have sweaty palms, and I absolutely hate it. If I hold something in my hands to long, if I get nervous, etc. my hands get clammy. I wash them constantly just in case I'm in a situation where I have to shake hands.

-Despite the fact that I know in my heart that an answer is right, I doubt myself. The times where I basically just say fuck it, and go with my gut, I always come out right. Wish I could magically erase my doubts, but I just can't do it.

I primarily wear black, and I'm growing increasingly paraniod about machine washing and drying things because of color fade.

If I'm in a room with a remote control, or anything else with a little battery case, those batteries are coming out, then going back in, then out, in, out, in.... Take pens apart too.

I cannot drink cola out of a can, it tastes like shit. However I can drink even warm cola out of a cup.

If I take a drowsy pill, I sleep; bit if I take a non-drowsy pill I just kinda float and hallucinate. I know it's coming, I know when it's happening, but nonetheless reality just bleeds everywhere if I pop a Dayquil. Recently I read a big chunk of the first Dune novel right before I caught a cold and took a dayquil. It got fucked up.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- I call myself Grizzly during my internal thoughts. Like "Grizzly, you gotta do this..."
- I HAVE to wear my watch when I leave the house. I've actually be late to school, dates, and interviews because I wouldn't leave the house without my watch
- I drink...a lot. I've looked at my drinking pattern for the past few weeks. I've finished off a 3 liter bottle of Ginger Ale everyday...my kidneys are going to go to hell when Im older
- I have insomnia, had it since Sophmore year of high school
- I tend to go through periods where I only eat certain food over and over again. I spent 12 weeks of my senior year eating the same lunch every day. Super sized Spicy chicken sandwich. Right now I'm on a Jose Ole microwave burrito binge. I've had one everyday for the past few weeks.
- I hate hugs. From guys, girls, family, anybody. I don't know if it an intimacy thing...but it just throws me off. They always feel ackward, like Im doing them wrong.
- I've seen every episode of Full House, Family Matters, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, King of the Hill, and The Simpsons. Main reason for this is the period in middle school where I did the home school thing. I would finish my projects and assignments very early, like weeks ahead of time. So I had plenty of extra time on my hands...and since I was home schooled, I didn't really know that many kids my age. So I watched a lot of TBS and TNT and plenty of cartoons. Thank god I went to a public high school, I couldn't take that stuff much longer.

DJ Sl4m

Here's another I forgot about.

When I'm sick I always sleep on the couch, never the bed, but when I'm not sick I can't sleep on the couch. heh

Miguel

- Chewing ice. I always do it. I drink just about anything with ice, just to have ice to chew afterward. I love getting big cups wherever I go for fast food. (sometimes I'll just get a chicken sandwich and a jumbo soda, and end up paying nearly 3 dollars just to get a huge soda so I can have more ice and chew it. I'll fill up my cup at home to the top with ice...and I'll chew every single cube or piece of ice.

- Speed typing. Whenever I try typing something, I always try to do it as fast as I can, because I used to be a pretty damn good typist. Typer...typ...whatever. Anyway, as the years have gone on, somehow my typing skills have deteriorated and I seem to stall when I type. I used to make it a habit of typing my full name as fast as I could. Miguel ANgel Molina Jr. Then I'd notice the capitol N in Angel...so I'd go back and try again. Miguel Angle Molian Jr. Argh.
<chopchopmasteronion> "AGAIN"
Miguel Angel MOlina jr.
!@#$%
Miguel Angel Molina Jr.
Finally...
Anyway, I would keep typing it until I could get it correct numerous times in a row. I still try to type really fast...and end up screwing up more often than not. My backspace key is probably worn out by now.

- Watching/Listening/Playing sports. I have to be around sports...or I get restless. I can be playing basketball or football (baseball, but not for the past 2 years) or I'll be listening to the Radio when driving home from work/school or when I'm at home. I'll have ESPN.com open. Be watching ESPN...reading GAF's sports threads, or talking with others abouts sports. I work at freaking Reliant Stadium (Texans), have tried applying at Minute Maid Park (Astros) and am trying to figure out who to talk to about the Rockets arena (Toyota Center). I'm also going to apply for a promo team job at the local Sportsradio station in a few days. OCD...Oh yes.

- Mixing online/real life. I refuse to show/let my best friend know about Gaming Age. or IRC...or those of which I talk to on AIM. I usually don't get online at his house for these reasons. If he needs info on something I'll direct him to GameFaqs, Operation sports, or ESPN.com. I don't know why really, he already knows how big of a dork I am. I guess I just want something I can have to myself and not have to worry about anyone I know IRL that I haven't met online finding something out.

- Keeping my room unclean. I for some reason can't stand having my room clean. My dad will walk in and say I need to clean my room. I'll clean it...and then just start emptying drawers out looking for random things. Or I'll throw stuff on my bed...just something. It's just weird seeing everything so neat, it has to be disorganized in some way.

- No dedication/commitment. Example 1, School. I'll start off the year doing good, then I'll have one bad test, and just basically pack it in. Or something will piss me off (usually nothing having to do with class) and I'll just slowly find myself going to class less and less. Best example I can think of right now is my multiple livejournals/EA online nicks/email addys/AIM nicks/IRC nicks. I can't decide on one or another, and then I'll just ignore it and end up forgetting the password or just deciding I need a new one.

- Usher "This is my obsession..." I have a hard time letting stuff go. Someone pisses me off, I'll hold a grudge forever. I still remember this jerk (Landroll Carmouche) who ruined this awesome game I had created to play during home room. And the jerk (Charles Frasier) who stole my Chee-tos in 8th grade. And the asshole who made my winter baseball season a living hell (Josh Linder). I also obsess over "people" way too much, which usually end up sending me into a spiral down to depression. Namely, someone who shall remain nameless (not that she reads the forum or anything), who I was "friends" with since 9th grade til late last year. I always remember the things that pissed me off that she did...but I always managed to ignore them somehow. Something I don't usually do, shrug off stuff when people piss me off. Anyway, over the 4 years or so that I knew her, she found ways to annoy me...except they didn't annoy me until I think about them now. That's about all I'll give out, I don't really want to get into it.

- File organization. All my MP3s have to be Artist Name - Song Name.mp3
Examples...
Beastie Boys - Ch-Check It Out.mp3
Hoobastank - The Reason.mp3
Metallica - St. Anger.mp3
If it's like... survivor_eye_of_the_tiger.mp3 or threedaysgrace_ihateeverythingaboutyou.mp3 I have to change it immediately...
I once "found" a bunch of MP3s...and later realized they were all missnamed...
About 1 gigs worth of MP3s....spent about 8 hours renaming (along with doing other things throughout the day)

Anyway...that's it for now. feel free to laugh. I know I am. :)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Oh god, taking pens apart. My poor iBook has in stains on it that I can't get out because a pen I was fiddling with later exploded in my bag.
I can't standing listening to music most of the time. It bothers me too much. I love it in the car, because of another quirk, but that's about the only time.
I HATE DRIVING. Everything about it drives me nuts.
But on the same token, if I get a bunch of people with nothing better to do, I'll just drive around with them until we figure something out. Something about people in a car just makes them think faster about doing something.
Gotta sing in the car. Gotta have some music playing that I can sing.
I trim my toenails almost every day with a box cutter. I also cut off the calluses on my feet periodically.
Utterly paranoid. Always keep the door locked, always checking to make sure things are safe. Keep wallet in front pocket, constantly check for it.
I love to hear family histories. I just find it so interesting to know how someone's parents met, how their grandparents met. Who's still on good terms, who hates each other. I'm probably far too nosey.
One "dream" of mine would to be able to have a perfect simulation of human history up to the present. Then to be able to tweak the simulation, lets say, kill a random person, or tell a woman her husband is cheating on her, fix it so a certain president won the election, or start rumors about someone. Just to see what would happen. How the world would change. Would farting in the face of someone at age 3 really fuck them up? Could it result in the end of the world?
I have the spell checker of OS X turned on so that my spelling is at least flawless in my posts. My grammar, well, hah. I can't do much.
I really hate having a messy place, but I can't bring myself to do it. I think that's what happens when you have one neat freak and one lazy person for parents.
This one is quite disgusting, but if a female friend goes to the bathroom, its like my ears just pick up and can hear them urinating despite fans or any other noise. I don't know why. I even try not to think about it, but that just makes it worse. And its not like it happens for guys, just chicks.
My instinct is to respond with "What?" to someone saying something to me, and its like once I say what, 99% of the time, THEN I know what they said to me.
I hate not knowing exactly what I'm supposed to do, but I hate asking for help because people always tend to act like you don't understand a thing about what you're asking help about, despite the fact that you're might just be asking for a refresher.
I hate the heat. I hate summer, and if possible I keep temperatures as cold as possible. When I was in Japan, we had AC's in our tiny little rooms, and people were shocked to find out I kept my room almost at a constant 16 degrees celsius.
I can't wear watches, rings, or anything else on my hands, it bothers the hell out of me.
I hate the stupid connections my mind makes. Like if someone says they're an insomniac, I instantly think that they're full of themselves. Lesbians have a dead or abusive father. Stupid shit like that that you have no right thinking, but just pops into your head.
I'd love to set up elaborate things that will never happen, could happen, and so on.
I set up conversations in my head in advance. If someone says this, I'll say this, and this is the reason why. None of them ever come out, because no one ever says what I think they will.
I spent a lot of years scare of women because of how sexual harassment education was taught.

As soon as I walk into somebody's house (or my own) and I know I'll be staying a while, my watch has to come off. The second I walk through the door at a friend's house the thing will start irritating me something fierce. I have to get it off... then a third of the time I lose it. Thing is, I would go to school and to work and the watch wouldn't bother me at all; but if I went home for a snack in-between... DAMN !!

Miguel said:
-All my MP3s have to be Artist Name - Song Name.mp3

Finally someone with a compatible library. You're >128kbs right?

Miguel

ArcadeStickMonk said:
Finally someone with a compatible library. You're >128kbs right?

If I get another dialup modem, it'd put me at 112. :p

Sorry, no. But at least I'm not the only one with OCD when it comes to MP3s

Kefkaff

Banned
- I'll talk to myself all the time when I'm alone, and I often talk what I type (I'm talking this very sentence right now). I mostly do it just to better understand what I'd say in a given situation, and how I sound. This will also extend to when I'm watching TV, as, usually when I've been alone watching it for more than a few hours, I'll start replying to commercials or new casts.

I do the EXACT same thing.

Here's some other things about me..

- I chew on my lip/inside of my mouth a lot. During school I was often asked if I was chewing gum.

- My MP3s are organized: Artist/Album/Disc and named: Artist - Album(Disc #) - (Track #)SongTitle

- Often when I lay down in bed before I go to sleep, it'll take me hours to get to dose off because I 'dream' about me doing something (ie going on a date with a girl I like, my 'band' being successfull, etc)

- Some nights I just type insanely fast and I don't know why. And my body gets all jittery, when this happens my left leg starts to 'convulse' and I can't help it.

- My hands sweat a lot, so I often want to wash them or wipe them off on something.

- I have terrible conversation skills. If someone asks a simple question and I miss hear a word, I'll say "What... I dunno", even if asked something like "how old are you?". And with eye contact, I'll look the person in the eyes, but if they look back at me the same way, I'll shift my eyes around or look down to the ground.

- I often picture myself of how I want something to play out... but they've never come to fruition.

- For some reason, if I am thinking hard about something, I'll stray off and think about something COMPLETELY different.

- I leave my room only for food, drink, washroom, work, school and social life. I never spend time with my family.

- I also have this weird habit of spitting in the toilet/sink when I walk into a washroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom