• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 confirmed, Game Informer info, Trailer released

netguy503

DMPrince said:
i think it's the AA technique that was worked on with GOW3. i'm not saying it really needs it in this game but it won't hurt (but then again this game is probably physic heavy)

I just know if they fixed the "floaty" controls DSP will FINALLY stop bitching...and find something new to bitch at.:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlpFu8O2LAU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfI1Kva23JU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0yMxHvdvcQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkUWtDTbCk4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kNoMQ6Kod0&feature=related

Sorry, I couldn't pick a favorite they are all GOLD. And pretty short so wont take you long to watch.

He EPICALLY rage quits at the end of part two.

This man is 28 yrs. old.

RobbieNick said:
I'm hyped because it opens up so many possibilities!!!

I'm worried because it might be more complicated than ever.
i don't know. i think it's simplified but not too simplified that creators won't have that much freedom. but it's more tighter when we get our hands on the tools seeing as how some of the things are optimized to use less of the thermometer so we can create bigger and beautiful levels!

netguy503 said:
I just know if they fixed the "floaty" controls DSP will FINALLY stop bitching...and find something new to bitch at.:lol

Sorry, I couldn't pick a favorite they are all GOLD. And pretty short so wont take you long to watch.

This man is 28 yrs. old.

he's 28? he sounds like he's in his teens :lol. i can't say I didn't sound like that because i was trying to clear it without dying! I hope that LBP2 still have that trophy :lol.

netguy503 said:
If they launch it in the fall I would LOVE that but also would excpect more problems than if it was released Winter.
so far there's not many games coming out in the winter that we know of yet. I guess we'll just have to find out at E3. Releasing it in November would be great. No advertising until Christmas Time which would be the best timing! That way word of mouth can sell the game! (some people may not like that idea but i think it's great)

netguy503

DMPrince said:
he's 28? he sounds like he's in his teens :lol. i can't say I didn't sound like that because i was trying to clear it without dying! I hope that LBP2 still have that trophy :lol.

Oh man...I'm going to LOVE acing proper MM levels again. So much fun and. SOOOOOOOO GOOD!:D

Zen

Banned
netguy503 said:

This man is 28 yrs. old.

Hopefully LBP2 makes the controls less floaty and finicky. Even LBP PSP was a decent improvement.

about the chat. i like the chat bubble but i wouldn't mind converting that to an MMO style chat. pressing Select or something will bring up the chat history because sometimes it never stays on the screen long enough for me to read.

netguy503

DMPrince said:
about the chat. i like the chat bubble but i wouldn't mind converting that to an MMO style chat. pressing Select or something will bring up the chat history because sometimes it never stays on the screen long enough for me to read.

Especially when there are multiple people talking in the same space and pressing the button to get that text back becomes irrelevant...yea, you've got a point. That bugs me too.

iceatcs said:
lbp2d_516x516_111881a.jpg
Soooo cute! :D

Teknoman

netguy503 said:
Just realized that...it says in the we can make MOVIES! And there will be notifications if you can watch or play that level on the globe map.

Also we've been talking about that the last two pages ( a convo you were involved in I believe) how you can now add your own voice and possibly music to these scenes and how that might cause copyright trouble (and mean we might lose that feature all together). Where have you been? Did you not think we were talking about that?:D :lol

:lol Probably just me skimming over stuff, and thinking on a small scale about the magic mouths/radios.

yencid

-PXG- said:
This. PS Move can suck my left nut. KB/M support or bust.
no, fuck outta here. The demonstration for move and little big planet 1 have shown that move can make creation so much easier and more streamlined, it should definitely stay.

MrPliskin

Banned
yencid said:
no, fuck outta here. The demonstration for move and little big planet 1 have shown that move can make creation so much easier and more streamlined, it should definitely stay.

What's crazy is asking for keyboard and mouse support (even though LBP already has Keyboard support. OH NOES!) when a mouse CLEARLY will not help this game.

Makes me wonder who's really interested in this franchise when they say such bizzare things.

-PXG-

I'm not saying they shouldn't have Move support, but to have that and no kb/m as well is full blown retarded. It wouldn't even be that hard to implement.

I'm tired of GAF telling me I have to adapt and must accept Move. Fuck Move. I want things made easier for me. I shouldn't have to "shut up and deal with it". I'm not going to force myself to play a game I don't like or use a feature I think sucks. The whole point of the game is to do what you want to do. Not adding an alternative method of controlling the game contradicts the whole idea and mantra behind it. MM's first priority is to make this game as accessible as possible, whether it be with a controller, a wand or a mouse and keyboard.

Standard controls can stay. Move can stay. Just add kb/m support and I'll be happy.

EDIT

It shouldn't be too hard to understand. I don't even play PC games. But it doesn't take a genius to figure out that any game with a complex, interface/ menu system, would benefit from kb/ m support. Plus, drawing, scaling, dragging, attaching and placing objects would be sooooooooooooo much easier. Why are some of you adverse to adding options and making stuff less cumbersome for users?

iceatcs

It will require quite lot of thing to function for KB/M, I mean how to zoom or rotate the shape using a mouse.

Hence it'll more likely to redesign the GUI and create control just because of KB/M. So no point for this.

-PXG-

iceatcs said:
It will require quite lot of thing to function for KB/M, I mean how to zoom or rotate the shape using a mouse.

Hence it'll more likely to redesign the GUI and create control just because of KB/M. So no point for this.

You assign the commands from the DS3 to a mouse or a keyboard. I'm not a programmer, but how hard could that possible be? I highly doubt they would have to recode the whole game or the entire engine to add such a feature :p

UT3 had it, and worked great. Different game, different dev, but it was fine. No issues at all. A game as deep and complex as LBP, not having such an option is insane. Create mode is too complicated and tedious and the menu navigation is a complete cluster fuck.

Even if Move kicks ass, I'm not spending more money on a God damn camera and that ridiculous controller. That's absurd. No way in hell would I do that, just to be able to interface with ONE game. Plus there is no guarantee that will make things easier or make it take less time to create stuff.

iceatcs

-PXG- said:
You assign the commands from the DS3 to a mouse or a keyboard. I'm not a programmer, but how hard could that possible be? UT3 had it, and worked great. Different game, different dev, but it was fine. No issues at all. A game as deep and complex as LBP, not having such an option is insane. Create mode is too complicated and tedious and the menu navigation is a complete cluster fuck.

Even if Move kicks ass, I'm not spending more money on a God damn camera and that ridiculous controller. That's absurd. No way in hell would I do that, just to be able to interface with ONE game. Plus there is no guarantee that will make things easier or make it take less time to create stuff.
Have you play and create in LBP?
Trust me you need dual sticks very heavy. It's not the same as WASD with mouse, it is different kind of control.

Pancho

Qurupancho
It sucks they've unveiled it this early, now I'll be waiting for it all year X_X
This is going to kill me!

noisome07

Banned
iceatcs said:
Have you play and create in LBP?
Trust me you need dual sticks very heavy. It's not the same as WASD with mouse, it is different kind of control.

OT but where the fuck is my Eyepet?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Pancho said:
It sucks they've unveiled it this early, now I'll be waiting for it all year X_X

Heh, that's nothing. Versus XIII was announced 2006 and there has been no info about it yet, imagine the people who are hyped for it (like me).

Pancho

Qurupancho
ULTROS! said:
Heh, that's nothing. Versus XIII was announced 2006 and there has been no info about it yet, imagine the people who are hyped for it (like me).

Man, I stopped getting hyped for SE games for that very reason. They take forever! =/

Crisis

Banned
-PXG- said:
I'm not saying they shouldn't have Move support, but to have that and no kb/m as well is full blown retarded. It wouldn't even be that hard to implement.

I'm tired of GAF telling me I have to adapt and must accept Move. Fuck Move. I want things made easier for me. I shouldn't have to "shut up and deal with it". I'm not going to force myself to play a game I don't like or use a feature I think sucks. The whole point of the game is to do what you want to do. Not adding an alternative method of controlling the game contradicts the whole idea and mantra behind it. MM's first priority is to make this game as accessible as possible, whether it be with a controller, a wand or a mouse and keyboard.

Standard controls can stay. Move can stay. Just add kb/m support and I'll be happy.

You're asking them to redesign a simplified method of creation with a vastly more complex user interface. The Dual Shock controls are as complicated as they need to be. You say it wouldn't be complicated to add keyboard and mouse implementation into the game but how much would you really benefit from it? Like are you assuming that the implementation they have right now would just port over to KB/M? The editor controls are designed around the regular controller. We haven't even seen what they're doing with Move in this game yet if they're doing anything at all. The only super tangible benefit I can see with the keyboard is for text entry. For some reason I get the feeling that LBP supported that in some fashion anyway.

I get the feeling that you're expecting the big benefit here to be from the mouse. And I can see why you would think that offhand. You're talking about dragging things around and probably increasing the size by dragging a corner of an object or something like that right? Things like that? All of these are things that you can do right now with the regular controller. It's something that the average player can mess around with and not have to learn a completely different user interface with. To do what you're talking about with full-on KB/M controls you would have to redesign the user interface because it's totally based on the controller right now. This is still a console game. And the idea behind LBP is that anyone can do this stuff and they can do it with a controller. But most of the type of mouse functions that you're talking about are probably better suited for Move anyway. It seems vastly less complicated than a mouse does and yet it can do all of the same functions. It's less intimidating to a casual user.

EDIT

It shouldn't be too hard to understand. I don't even play PC games. But it doesn't take a genius to figure out that any game with a complex, interface/ menu system, would benefit from kb/ m support. Plus, drawing, scaling, dragging, attaching and placing objects would be sooooooooooooo much easier. Why are some of you adverse to adding options and making stuff less cumbersome for users?

I don't think anyone's opposed to making things easier to create things in this game. I think that you're somewhat missing their point. If they have to design two user interfaces they're going to defeat their purpose with the creation mode. One user interface would be simplified for the controller and one would have to be this big array of things to use with a mouse. Move is better-suited for the functions you want to do with 3D space and all of that stuff too. It works very well as a pointer and everything else. Not to mention the user interface stays very simplistic. I think the keyboard and mouse thing makes things more cumbersome than you would realize offhand. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying your ideas are bad but I don't know if you've thought them through.

netguy503

Pancho said:

This...isn't going to take all year given how far along it already is. That list of new features wouldn't even be there if they didn't already know they could deliver exactly that. Plus the photos leaked and the covers showing the new moons/curators...this game is basically done. PLUS there is a VERY good possibility that we will get a BETA for this game. So don't worry.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Keyboard and mouse is TEH FUTURE!!!

I can't wait to try LBP2 with the Move. I regret selling the first but I was saving for a new house at the time and dollars were scarce.

Pancho

Qurupancho
netguy503 said:
This...isn't going to take all year given how far along it already is. That list of new features wouldn't even be there if they didn't already know they could deliver exactly that. Plus the photos leaked and the covers showing the new moons/curators...this game is basically done. PLUS there is a VERY good possibility that we will get a BETA for this game. So don't worry.

Haha, I remember that day, when they were giving the beta codes, most intense hours of my life trying to get into that website, since it got broken by traffic overload:lol

Fun times, fun times.

MrPliskin

Banned
-PXG- said:

EDIT

How is it retarded to have move support (something that is very easy to control since people have been drawing with pencils their entire lives) and not have something like a mouse (which people are not accustomed to drawing with)?

Also, it doesn't necessarily seem like you've given much thought to this whole thing. It almost appears as though you just thought "KB/M = easy mode". Maybe in a shooter, but in LBP, it just doesn't fit. of course, unless they shoe horn it, in which case it will suck.

Pistolero

Their lighting solution is the closest thing to global illumination I've seen for this generation of consoles. I have still to come across a more impressive game than Little Big Planet with regard to how beautiful the lighting is, and this sequel seems to improve upon an already succesful formula.

Sackbot for me is the thing that got me really drooling, right now im thinking The Last Guardian where you have a big sackbot to give you a hand with things. I was just planing a open level somthing like zelda :mm town but iam puting that on hold now I done some sketches and started it.

file0024.jpg

file0025g.jpg

Definitely addressed almost all of my complaints from the first one (sack bot= enemies with personality). Cant wait to see how/if the platforming is fixed.

kevm3

The sackbot concept is very interesting. Hopefully they have different kind of sackbots, such as one that is more of an animal type of body, etc, etc.

donkey show said:
The Mm level designers don't even use their PC tools anymore and straight up build levels with the DS3. ~__^

Spaff_Molecule said post #176

I guarantee you 100% that all the levels in lbp, mgs, pirates, etc were made with Popit and a ps3 controller. There is a pc editor, but no one uses it any more for building levels, apart from the occasional tweak. The only difference between the Popit used at Mm is that the guys had to make a game whilst popit was also being made, and so had an unfinished unpolished version. Everything made since launch has been with the very same tool you have.

vercity82

Anybody in the UK pick up the national paper News of the World they have a write up on LBP2 saying that they have had a sneak peak at the title it offers users access to all LBP1 levels upscaled levels also this time round we aint just making our own levels they qoute that we can actually make GAMES!!!

as mag scans aint allowed i can only tell you what it says some interesting new finds that i aint seen anywhere else.

I really hope they get that web site they long talked about up and going, and from sounds of it LBP ID so we dont get spam to death. Only thing with that what if some one take jump_button <_< and it maybe help use find better level but it can give H4H more power and sackboy looking for to get famous for just being famous eg like youtube

RagnarokX

netguy503 said:

This man is 28 yrs. old.
Wow.

"Where is the key?! Give me the key?! I don't know what to do!" ::all the while he jumps around moving the obvious key:: Man he's bad...

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I really hope they changed the screenshot feature so you can export high resolution shots to your hdd. I do understand they wanted to keep the res down if you used them as stickers, but I really hated the ugly and ultra-compressed stamp-sized shots you took in LBP1 :/

EDIT:
netguy503 said:

This man is 28 yrs. old.
This dude is like the worst player ever. I agree with the complaints about controls, especially the jumping mechanics, but he really sucks.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Teknoman said:
"Stream allows you to keep up with your LBP earth when away from the PS3. You can see a pal's earth, put one of their creations into your play queue, and play it when you get home.

All levels from the original are compatible with LBP2. And they even look better thanks to some up-scaling wizardry from Media Molecule.
The re-mastered graphics engine also adds a flawless finish to the artwork, which has different themes from Techno Renaissance to Fluffy Hi-Tech."

"We were also treated to a brain-melting display of new gaming. The 6-axis Direct Control Seat sees the circuit board of your PS3 controller on screen, which you change to suit a wacky vehicle. Basically, you design your very own control mechanism."

Perfect.

Is that a quote from EDGE article? Anything else they say there that we don't know?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TTP said:
Is that a quote from EDGE article? Anything else they say there that we don't know?

It's news of the world, british newspaper. I think they were at the media preview event for it, they have their own screenshots (direct feed).

Dizzan

MINI Member
vercity82 said:
Anybody in the UK pick up the national paper News of the World they have a write up on LBP2 saying that they have had a sneak peak at the title it offers users access to all LBP1 levels upscaled levels also this time round we aint just making our own levels they qoute that we can actually make GAMES!!!

as mag scans aint allowed i can only tell you what it says some interesting new finds that i aint seen anywhere else.

Surely a scan from a British Newspaper that is now out of print (as it becomes out of print daily) is allowed to be scanned in? Mods?

Forsete

BeeDog said:
The swedish Gamereactor head honcho says we should get info about LBP2 within the hour:

http://www.gamereactor.se/blog/petter/

It's probably the exact same info from GI, but I hope the article brings some good screenies with it. And yes, I'm still baffled that they announce the game before E3.

Possibly because Sony has even BIGGER NEWS to share, they must get LBP2 out of the way. Lets get hyped up! ;)

jett

D-Member
DMPrince said:
can't say i love it. but i don't hate it. The first game had that movie effect thing going on. this looks like it may have removed that. BUT it looks sooo polished. seeing as they are using some of SSM tech. i wonder if they also helped them with some MLAA.

Eh those shots are obvious superclean bullshots. I just hope LBP2 looks a little less blurry than its predecessor.

BTW...why doesn't Media Molecule allow us to make textures and crap directly from jpg files? Why do we have to use a friggin webcam? :|

DigiMish

Fuck, first the SF thread, now here? Get this DSP dipshit out of here please. GAF should just ban his shit from being posted here.

If you think I'm hating, watch a couple of his videos to find out why. Jesus. Irritating as hell.

Top Bottom