• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 confirmed, Game Informer info, Trailer released

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
spats said:
http://yfrog.com/10lkoz

The video really delves into MM's deeply philosophical creation process.

Their new office really does look great.
Game creation. Serious business.

iceatcs

Oh that's nice, so they got a new office?

I remember there is a video from BBC tour visit the old one was in the warehouse area.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
mr_nothin said:
Movers sound really cool!
gofreak, layers become the height in top-down view so it seems that there arent seperate "view templates" and it's all just 1 view that can be interpreted differently depending on how you go about it.

Yeah, this makes sense, though it still remains a question mark how or if objects from side-on will operate in a top-down context...if you can flip any old object around to be 'top-down'.

Movers do sound cool :D

Teknoman

TTP said:
So you can now move objects between layers...

:O

I knew it :D There was an example of that in the trailer (giant hollow wheel object moving from the background to where sackboy was).

JardeL

Media_Molecule

Are you a network programmer? Because we really, really need one to come and work for us! http://tinyurl.com/3x8njmd :)

[ http://twitter.com/Media_Molecule/status/15244154067 ]
Code:
We are seeking a passionate, technically proficient Network programmer.  Someone willing to ‘run with it’ and exceed our expectations, (and their own).

You’ll be working on Bandwidth optimisation/smoothing, mid game join iteration and improvements, understanding and maintaining the network code and a whole load of additional tasks that will evolve naturally,  dependant on the individual and teams ideas! 

Requirements

* Experience with PS3 client side
    * Fluent C/C++ 
    * Experience writing C++ network code on a shipped console game (preferably on PS3)
    * Knowledge of how to profile bandwidth used, how to optimise to reduce and smooth bandwidth usage
    * Ability to write/debug peer-to-peer network code, with mid-game join, and reliable, in-order message sending
    * Opinions about what makes an awesome networked game, and the ability to express your reasoning clearly
    * Self motivated - can take the germ of an idea, fill it out and make it happen

Isn't this a bit late for a game that will launch in 5-6 months?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
JardeL said:
Isn't this a bit late for a game that will launch in 5-6 months?

That's cos it's coming in 2011 ;)

Really though, skeptical as I am even, I dunno how much I'd read into an ad like that. They're constantly iterating over their code and patching etc. And I kind of doubt they are network-programmer-less right now...

JardeL

What the hell is going on out there ;
Now we’re all settled in our new digs, we need to finish making a video game. In order to do so though, we are missing two vital Molecules, a Network Programmer and a Production Server Developer.

We really, really, really need you. Let’s not beat about the bush here: we’re pretty desperate.
[ http://www.mediamolecule.com/blog/article/we_really_need_people_to_help_us_finish_littlebigplanet_2/ ]

I'm confused. What's the point of announcing a release date if you don't have "2 vital molecules"? Is Sony pushing them so hard to release LBP2 in 2010? Maybe, or those "2 vital molecules" parted their ways unexpectedly with MM after Sony acquisition.

About online, I think SCE still hasn't understand the importance of the online. They should hire some netcoder ninjas to help 1st & 2nd party devs. There should be a seperate division only for this.

aphoto4.jpg

Let get the Hype going E3 coming

;) alot of good info coming soon i can feel it

JardeL said:

[ http://www.mediamolecule.com/blog/article/we_really_need_people_to_help_us_finish_littlebigplanet_2/ ]

I'm confused. What's the point of announcing a release date if you don't have "2 vital molecules"? Is Sony pushing them so hard to release LBP2 in 2010? Maybe, or those "2 vital molecules" parted their ways unexpectedly with MM after Sony acquisition.

About online, I think SCE still hasn't understand the importance of the online. They should hire some netcoder ninjas to help 1st & 2nd party devs. There should be a seperate division only for this.

Maybe the current people in the job are leaving and they need people to phase in. Or they just need additional people, I think its being read too much into

Massa

JardeL said:

Please don't tell me you're taking that seriously.

magicaltrevor said:
Any word on Move compatibility for the Level Creator for LBP2?
Alex Evans said they will be patching it in later once they ensure they can do "great things" with it. They are currently working on it though so expect some good times with the controlinator and the Move controller. :D

Teppic

One of the things I really disliked about the first game was the amount of motion blur used. I'm guessing it will be the same for this game?

donkey show said:
Alex Evans said they will be patching it in later once they ensure they can do "great things" with it. They are currently working on it though so expect some good times with the controlinator and the Move controller. :D

That's great news!

Read something about mouse/keyboard-support too by the way, so I guess I'll just use that until the patch is out.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
donkey show said:

I do hope they do a really good job with the controllinator on Move, it'll be interesting to see how far they go with it. Depending on how it is, LBP2 might be the closest you get to an open sdk for Move.

gofreak said:
I do hope they do a really good job with the controllinator on Move, it'll be interesting to see how far they go with it. Depending on how it is, LBP2 might be the closest you get to an open sdk for Move.

Yes... They said we would be able to let people use the Move in your levels in almost any way you can imagine using it.

I see amazing RTS with innovative Move controls being build, along with some excellent puzzle levels.

Hanmik

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/content.php?211-LBP2-Beta-Coming-soon

Hi all

There will be an LBP2 beta soon. We will have some more news on how we will recruit for this beta soon, but in the mean time i wanted to drop in and say that you will all be in witha chance to get in. If you are already in the beta group, you will automatically be in, and the forum has now been re-opened, so come along and say hi

ok more news soon, i promise

hope I get in..

edit: ohhh this is OLD news... damn,,.

Wikzo

Anybody who is in the beta that know if it is possible to make a vehicle that is controlled by two people simultaneously?

I am thinking about making a 2 vs. 2 helicopter game where Player 1 is the pilot and Player 2 is the gunner. Do you think that is possible?

Also, are you able to reverse the gravity, ie. make Sackboy walk upside-down? It would be awesome to make a VVVVVV-esque style of game.

Top Bottom