• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

Filldough said:
Didn't see this posted yet but it looks like a cool idea. Cant wait to see the winners.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/01/be-a-littlebigplanet-game-changer-and-earn-up-to-50000/
I'm entering that contest. I used to teach grade school/high school kids about sexual education when I was in Community Health in the military, but I don't think my STD curriculum would translate well into a level... or would it? :lol I think I have a pretty solid idea for the contest, so we'll see if it gets through round 1.

On another note, I made a little WIP video of my next level, Knights of the Azure Palace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdsr8B6-q4E

Not done yet, but here's to hoping I can knock it out soon so I can start working on the Game Changer project.

Level of the Year in

The voting closed yesterday, and now after receiving thousands and thousands of votes, we can reveal the winner to you.

Level of the Year goes to…

Little Dead Space by DarknessBear

Not to say it not a good level, I would like to see a unique and original level win and not a tribute level.

anyway working on next sky town just about done dont want to rush it and I have 3 more levels i have ideas for lol iam in a mood for creating and ideas are pop out all over

maybe too much

Ranger X

jump_button said:
Level of the Year in

Not to say it not a good level, I would like to see a unique and original level win and not a tribute level.

anyway working on next sky town just about done dont want to rush it and I have 3 more levels i have ideas for lol iam in a mood for creating and ideas are pop out all over

maybe too much

hmm, disappointing but expected. This level left a mark when I came out and especially to casual players. It is extremely beautiful (at least for its time) but what deceives me is how a couple of other levels in the nominate were just as beautiful if not better at visual BUT also superior in gameplay... like Subterrean Setbacks for instance.

Oh and your ideas... if you have many of them it's the perfect opportunity to select the best one and make it into one impressive level. :)

Sky Town's Rain Factory part 2
PSN: jump_button

skytownsig.png

The second part of Sky Town's Rain Factory levels. Somthing gone wrong over at the Rain Factory, With only a balloon to help you jump and fly across the sky's.

This maybe my last sky town level.

- Balloon as all way
- Strong wind's
- Rain

hope you enjoy

hni0012.jpg

hni0013.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, you're a machine, pumping out great levels left and right. I'll check it out for sure. Also, that Sackboy Gets Booed level was cute. I got wrecked by the cane, though.
Any plans to use H20?

Snuggler said:
Damn, you're a machine, pumping out great levels left and right. I'll check it out for sure. Also, that Sackboy Gets Booed level was cute. I got wrecked by the cane, though.
Any plans to use H20?

been in a creating mood and been thinking about part two of this for a long time and got easy to making sky town levels now.

XD and now for a long rest lol get some new ideas

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I have been hoping and praying for this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/littlebigplanet-joins-ps3-3d-line-up

Sony has revealed a stereoscopic 3D version of hit PS3 game LittleBigPlanet .

A video demonstration was shown at MotorStorm developer Evolution Studios yesterday, along with a range of other developmental demos. Attendees enjoyed two playable samplers in the form of the magnificent Super Stardust HD and a 3D demo of Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

LittleBigPlanet and Gran Turismo 5 were the pick of the non-playable demos, according to Eurogamer technoblacksmith Rich Leadbetter. "The stereoscopic 3D has afforded the parallax scrolling landscapes a phenomenal sense of depth," he said.

"In the original LittleBigPlanet there can be an element of confusion about which of the game's platforms 'live' on which of the three planes of depth. Stereoscopic 3D puts an end to that, ensuring each of the parallax elements occupies its own distinct area within the 3D space." This, reckons Leadbetter, is a cool example of how the move to 3D technology does represent genuine gameplay advantages.

Another eye-catching part of the demo was the starting sequence, which showed Sackboy change from 2D to 3D as he put on his own 3D glasses.

Sony refuses to be drawn on exact games that will be released with its forthcoming range of 3DTVs, and won't commit to a timeline either. However, the screens themselves along with two PS3 system updates (one for 3D movies, the other for games) have been given tentative summer release dates.

I hate the fact that this is going to be so farking expensive, at least to start with, but this would absolutely guarantee a 3D TV purchase by me sooner rather than later. Ever since they started talking about 3D I figured this would be the ideal game for it - the rendering already kind of makes it look like a camera on a 'make and do' world, add in 3D and... :D

I'd also love them to try and throw in head tracking with this...like that demo with the ibm ray tracing where you can look around the scene by moving your head left to right etc. That could just be incredible in again enhancing the sense of this being a real little world inside your TV.

netguy503

gofreak said:
I have been hoping and praying for this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/littlebigplanet-joins-ps3-3d-line-up

I hate the fact that this is going to be so farking expensive, at least to start with, but this would absolutely guarantee a 3D TV purchase by me sooner rather than later. Ever since they started talking about 3D I figured this would be the ideal game for it - the rendering already kind of makes it look like a camera on a 'make and do' world, add in 3D and... :D

I'd also love them to try and throw in head tracking with this...like that demo with the ibm ray tracing where you can look around the scene by moving your head left to right etc. That could just be incredible in again enhancing the sense of this being a real little world inside your TV.

Was coming to post this. Damn, GAF is fast. Sooooo excited!:D

Dogenzaka

Banned
Okay. Um. So I'm a huge LBP fan.
I was a Water Beta tester....I created the Sackroll video...and I made the Human Body level at the beta/launch of LBP. So I've been a fan for a while xD

Anyway, just thought I'd post.

You should check out the level I carried from the Water Beta called "Hydrophobic Acid" by jjmusicman.

I got another level I'm working on that works with time/rewinding gimmicks that I'm trying to work out.

Cool thanks :)

Honestly this is even more gimmicky than the wand inclusion theyve also been working on, and dilutes them from working on stuff for their bigger market that isn't going to fork out shitloads of cash on experimental first gen 3DTV's for what will assuredly be a gimmick that see's little use for at least 5 years.

Dogenzaka

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
Honestly this is even more gimmicky than the wand inclusion theyve also been working on, and dilutes them from working on stuff for their bigger market that isn't going to fork out shitloads of cash on experimental first gen 3DTV's for what will assuredly be a gimmick that see's little use for at least 5 years.

I dunno, I'm pretty interested in 3D and I see it to be the next "TV innovation" next to HD for gaming in a few years.

I'd love to try LBP in 3D :)

Ranger X

SecretBonusPoint said:

Seriously. Color me not interested either.
I also never had problems with the layers. I think people having a hard time with 3D on a normal screen probably are people with some poor spatial vision or certain vision problems. I mean, not that it's and odd handicap or something, there's alot of people not with problems of this type.
Stereoscopic imagery will moslty serve into successfully raising theater tickets prices by at least 5$

We don't. The original LBP's boxart over here was borderline creepy with a sackboy with souless ghastly expression on it's face.

Maybe this will punt LBP back up the charts over here, but seems unlikely since it gets bundled like nothing else and can be picked up for £5 like everywhere?

DeadGzuz

Banned
Dogenzaka said:
Okay. Um. So I'm a huge LBP fan.
I was a Water Beta tester....I created the Sackroll video...and I made the Human Body level at the beta/launch of LBP. So I've been a fan for a while xD

Anyway, just thought I'd post.

You should check out the level I carried from the Water Beta called "Hydrophobic Acid" by jjmusicman.

I got another level I'm working on that works with time/rewinding gimmicks that I'm trying to work out.

Cool thanks :)

welcome to Gaf, thanks for the hard work in LBP!

netguy503 said:
Wow, I never knew jump button looked like that.

:lol I dont allway look that bad XD just at the end of a bad time in mylife all that, thanx god i lost alot. and I could't wear what i had on so just grab this really big old shirt lol

really wish i did't do it back then

jump_button said:
:lol I dont allway look that bad XD just at the end of a bad time in mylife all that, thanx god i lost alot. and I could't wear what i had on so just grab this really big old shirt lol

really wish i did't do it back then
It's all good dude. At least you didn't cop out like the folks from Japan. :lol Us GOTY folk are an interesting lot to say the least. =P

KamenSenshi

So anybody have any idea what type of dlc we might get for psp besides stickers? Probably no online create of course, but something like the mgs pack should be doable.

donkey show said:
It's all good dude. At least you didn't cop out like the folks from Japan. :lol Us GOTY folk are an interesting lot to say the least. =P

dont think I'll not kill you for this if i ever see you :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hmmm. The levels look so good on those TVs.

MM, pls give us HD recording to show off levels online. Screenshot function takes all the pretty away. Thanks.

jump_button said:
dont think I'll not kill you for this if i ever see you :lol
:hugs

I'll be heading back to England at the end of the year so we can have our battle then. =p

But I did ask Mm to do a proper screenshot/YouTube function for the game when I visited them awhile back. Hopefully they'll incorporate it into one of their future patches.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
wtf, all of my progress on the new POTC levels is gone. No stickers, no objects. The scores are saved at it shows my high score on the level. I even have "The Bends" and "Beast Slayer" trophies. hrumph.

Filldough

VPhys said:
I've owned a PS3 for over 2 years and have been waiting to buy this game. But I'm poor.

Why isn't this game $30 yet?

I'm sure it'll end up a greatest hits soon enough. What are the rules? Has to sell 500k and be a year old? Or is it 1million and 6 months? Either way you should be joining us soon enough :)

edit: Donkeyshow, Little Big Herpes made me laugh pretty hard. Not good since I was at work haha.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Question about PSP version

Is it possible to "Ace" the extra survival missions?

On the PS3 versions, after you play them once you'll get the "Ace", "Goodie Bag", and "Cleared" icons. But on the PSP version I've only gotten the "Ace" icon on only the race extra missions, so on my world map it only shows 2 of the 3 icons for the world even though I've Aced the story missions.

Adam Prime said:

On the PS3 versions, after you play them once you'll get the "Ace", "Goodie Bag", and "Cleared" icons. But on the PSP version I've only gotten the "Ace" icon on only the race extra missions, so on my world map it only shows 2 of the 3 icons for the world even though I've Aced the story missions.
I haven't been able to yet, so I'm assuming no.

Filldough said:
edit: Donkeyshow, Little Big Herpes made me laugh pretty hard. Not good since I was at work haha.

I think I just might have to make that an actual level now. :lol

KillerAJD

Adam Prime said:

Bwa? Isn't the Ace awarded when you don't die? I don't remember seeing Aces on the survival levels after I did them. How would that be possible when those MAKE you die?

CozMick

Banned
Is the DLC for NA only?

If not *Biiiiiiiiiig smile*

Also has anyone in Europe received there email with there Beta Vest redeem code?

Xenon

So I have been messing around with the PSP LBP editor some more and I think I have a good grasp of the editor's "quirks". By that I mean what happens to objects, switches, and pistons during the level making process.

I started my new level by not shutting down or leaving the editor. For about a week or so I did not have a single problem. I then made a backup of the level and began play-testing and tweaking it. It was very obvious that little inconsistencies began popping up. So I did some more testing and found that every load of a save came back slightly different. So jumping back and forth from the editor to playmode several time can cause havoc on your level. That's why I think I have read many complaints that levels so going crazy when they're almost finished, since that's when all the playtesting happens.

Tips

1.Do as much as you possibly can without leaving the editor.

2. You can however save how many times you want without leaving the editor so if it does crash or you lose power things will be ok.

3. Create a copy and use it for play testing and tweaking. Once you have the changes you need to make down go back and do them all at once in the original save.

(I posted this in the workshop but figured some people here might find it usefull as well)

edited to avoid confusion

CozMick said:
Awwwww that's a damn shame, I've bought shitloads of the licensed dlc but can't bring myself to buy made up stuff.

Aye, totally agree. I reckon we should make a Mad Mackem tribute level, where you have to wheel him out of his house.

Ranger X

Xenon said:
Tips

1.Do as much as you possibly can without leaving the editor.

2. You can however save how many times you want without leaving the editor so if it does crash or you lose power things will be ok.

3. Create a copy and use it for play testing and tweaking. Once you have the changes you need to make down go back and do them all at once in the original save.

(I posted this in the workshop but figured some people here might find it usefull as well)

I would advise almost the opposite actually. I NEVER got the "level going crazy" bug and I think it's because I use the game better.

1- Work as much as you can on PAUSE. Unpause to test, rewind. Always come back to that one point you were and the level will never change.

2- Save by pressing pause + selecting "save level". This way, I never lost things while saving to the contrary of saving on exiting the creation mode.

3- DO NOT do as much as you can before quitting. This is as bad as testing only in the last stretch. Always test, each new little part you make, test it right away. Save and published locked often so you have a powerful back-up. Leaving a game up for too long is never a good idea and even if the game is on pause or something, code can be running, memory moves, and all of this is NOT tested for lasting more than 12 hours --- unless the dev does test his product way more than what the devellopment guidelines are asking but you know this isn't true, devs and publishers out there are DEALING dev guidelines with money to save time and devellopment.

Cool you're making a new level by the way :)
I will look for it. I started creating again by the way. Should be done in a month or so.

Top Bottom