• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIZARD SQUAD is Back. Planning XBL Attack. "Biggest attack yet". [UP: XBL/PSN Down]

They can help people to understand a situation better or gain a different perspective by putting it into a framework that's more relatable.

Amen to that. If this debacle has taught us one thing, it is that Microsoft must now dispense free copies of Zoo Tycoon to atone for their woeful inability to prevent lizard-men from going balls deep in their servers.

convo

This thread occasionally flounders off in some weird directions. I will contribute to one.

What is the deal with analogies? They're not anal, and they're not loogies. Instead of using the actual situation to describe the situation, you're using this completely made up one, as if it somehow describes the situation better than the actual situation. It's like if I had told a Seinfeld joke instead of described the weird thing with analogies. It's senseless. It has no sense. Use the situation!
But people don't always know about the subject described. Like Physics , try explaining shit to people in the highest level and most abstract models known to science. No one will understand anything. That's just how people get educated.

Jotaka

fwj
Banned
(Today, 01:48 PM)

ibz5xeuBAQcs0F.gif

Anfang

You're just completely missing my point, which agrees with your statement above.

One service getting attacked more than another doesn't excuse that service going down.

How do you know that. Someone else asks if there was any information one way or another and you cant understand how that matters.

It seems like PSN is regressing. Right now, I can't even get get to the manual log in screen. If I try to do it, it just says connection to server has been lost. So I can't even get to the screen to type in my username and password. WTF

yup, i could get online once with that MTU trick earlier today but now that doesn't work anymore and i can't get online at all :/

DDoS attack still going :(

Guess I'm lucky to have had a brief bout of insomnia last night and got to play Destiny until 6 this morning. 3.5 hours later when I woke up PSN was down again.

They can help people to understand a situation better or gain a different perspective by putting it into a framework that's more relatable.
I mostly was just trying to steer conversation towards Seinfeld. Seinfeld is relatable.

But there's nothing convoluted about this particular situation. Maybe if this was the Needlepoint Age Forums or something. But it's not, so you can stick your analogies up your bum.

San Pedro, CA (Los Angeles County)

Still can't connect to psn . 3rd day running.

Played Madden 25 and NBA 2k15 in offline mode though. Life goes on.

How do you know that. Someone else asks if there was any information one way or another and you cant understand how that matters.

I read it as excuse making. Can we just agree to let it go? Obviously there's some misunderstanding. I'm not disagreeing with you.

and is it realistic to even expect anyone to be working at Sony during the holidays. Engineers will probably start looking into this next Monday. Or after New Years.

I was able to get on and play for about two hours between midnight and 2AM PST last night. Woke up early to play a few games before the wife gets up and....nope. jfc.

Hoje0308

Banned
and is it realistic to even expect anyone to be working at Sony during the holidays. Engineers will probably start looking into this next Monday. Or after New Years.

They've had people working on it this the entire time, guaranteed. Which sucks for them, but that's the job.

I am fairly certain that Sony's been trying to fix this for days. Not really sure what the depth of the attacks are, though. PSN was working fine for me early this morning, so who knows.

Maybe I'm just uniformed, but does it really take this long for them to restore services when they started roughly 8 hours ago? That seems like a really long time to bring everything back online, and its still not all up yet.

Hey guys what's going on in this threa--
troy-barnes.gif

Yeah my thoughts exactly LOL

Great point, I'm sure they all just said fuck it "we're just going to enjoy our holiday ham"

fwj
Banned
(Today, 01:48 PM)

ibz5xeuBAQcs0F.gif

We're all #dead

Damian.

Banned
Is there any way to get around a digital game being locked? Would really like to play Diablo III instead of wondering why Sony is incompetent enough to allow a purchased game to not be played offline.

Check that...can't get into Madden 25 anymore. Only gets to the load screen and stalls right there.

Oh well.

Edit: Just took longer to start up. Playing Madden offline now.

Boke1879

While I don't blame Sony for what happened obviously. The fact they they are still having trouble getting their network to full capacity is laughable. people should have been able to play last night.

I think it's safe to say the attacks aren't much of a threat anymore. This is one area where Sony HAS to get better in their response time. After something like this it can't take days for everything to get up and running.

And I don't blame anyone for returning their consoles if it doesn't work. Something like this should be fixed by now. If this is still an issue by Monday. I can promise you I'll be ringing up GameStop asking how much a trade for a PS4 and all my games are worth

and I'll be looking into purchasing an Xbox 1.

Is there any way to get around a digital game being locked? Would really like to play Diablo III instead of wondering why Sony is incompetent enough to allow a purchased game to not be played offline.
Nope. Set your PS4 as Primary is the only solution, but good luck doing that when PSN is down. Also, if you have more than one PS4 in your house, one of them will become a brick when PSN is down.

Still down for me too. Luckily I can still play FC4 and Dragon Age offline. Weirdly though, some of my digital purchases are locked and inaccessible while others are perfectly fine :/

I don't think so. Tried a lot of stuff with GTA but no dice....that initial check-in with the login servers seems essential.

ironcreed

Banned

You should be able to play by disconnecting in the settings, and as long as the licenses have been updated, and as long as the system is set as your primary PS4. Needless to say, this kind of DRM hassle should not be baked into the system to such a degree. It's fucking bullshit.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
And I don't blame anyone for returning their consoles if it doesn't work. Something like this should be fixed by now. If this is still an issue by Monday. I can promise you I'll be ringing up GameStop asking how much a trade for a PS4 and all my games are worth

and I'll be looking into purchasing an Xbox 1.

You're going to trade in your system because PSN is down? There aren't enough faces to palm.

BokehKing

Banned
Damn, I take a shower after playing a couple crucible matches in Destiny, leave my dude dancing in a tree in the tower so I don't get booted into orbit

Come out and I'm disconnected from psn again
Soon close

jordanw

Neo Member
I've been logged on all day so far (UK) but I think PSN has just gone down again. Friends list no longer loads and COD matches keep freezing up and booting me to the menu.

You're going to trade in your system because PSN is down? There aren't enough faces to palm.

I now know 2 people who have done just that. Well, one didn't buy an Xbox but simply returned the PS4. I talked to them both after the fact but hey it's their money.

Top Bottom